Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Underwood is always forgotten

49 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Cause he's like a worse Ted Ginn.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hasn't he been with something like 8 teams in 5 years? That tells me all I need to know. Hoping for the best...

Posted · Report post

I think he is going to be a very productive receiver. Dark horse.

Posted · Report post

Grrrr 3 mil! Thats still the one offseason move that I cant shake. Just because Ginn was 27 doesnt mean he wasnt going to get any better.

Posted · Report post

How is he worse?
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Think the 5th round rookie has been abusing him in mini camps?

Posted · Report post

Either Avant or Underwood isn't going to see the field very much. Those two are battling for the #3 imo because I see Benjamin and Cotchery as the safe 1 & 2. Plus we may be seeing more dual TE sets this year, so that limits receivers even more,

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hasn't he been with something like 8 teams in 5 years? That tells me all I need to know. Hoping for the best...

i think we are his 4th

Posted · Report post

To me it just the same ol' Huddle logic. Too many use history to predict future events. Instead of taking into account growth, experience, scheme, and even new surroundings.

So they see a guy who has had a mediocre career to date. So they predict a mediocre year for him. Too bad too. The guy has just as good of a chance to succeed this year as Ginn Jr. had last year.

You never really know. But the guy is working hard. We have the coaches and players around him to assist in getting him to that next step. This just might me the circumstances that bring out the best in him.

I mean, why not?
8 people like this

Posted · Report post

How is he worse?

Can't return punts.
5 people like this

Posted · Report post

I like Underwood.  He kind of showed flashes last year with the Bucs so I'm going to remain optimistic.

Posted · Report post

Think the 5th round rookie has been abusing him in mini camps?

So you read one report where Bene stayed with him on a deep route, and turned that into him being abused. Good to know.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

I think he'll be used for exactly what he's good for which. And a deep threat is always useful even if he isn't touching the ball on a passing down.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Like I've said before I wanted Underwood long before we lost all of our receivers. He will surprise a lot of people on this forum.

Would be willing to bet he gets 500+ yards this season

Posted · Report post

He is probably the only guy that didn't get in snaps with the first string. Take it for what it's worth.

Sent from the Carolina Huddle App

Posted · Report post

You know as search for videos of him to take a closer look at his form, all I can find are videos about his hair. I am not optimistic.

Posted · Report post

Either Avant or Underwood isn't going to see the field very much. Those two are battling for the #3 imo because I see Benjamin and Cotchery as the safe 1 & 2. Plus we may be seeing more dual TE sets this year, so that limits receivers even more,

Outside of Philly, Avant doesn't get much credit but he was very well respected by fans. When Eagles fans show you love, I guarantee you earned it. Don't count him out of the mix.....He's a great catcher of balls.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

I want an Avant jersey.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted · Report post

I just went on nfl.com and compared the two from last year stats, Ginn was no better than Underwood. So this match up is a push.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

This is his 4th team, but he's been cut upteen times. It's the same old story. Teams are in love with his speed so he keeps getting chances. 

Posted · Report post

He is probably the only guy that didn't get in snaps with the first string. Take it for what it's worth.

Sent from the Carolina Huddle App

i didn't know that, but i was going to say that he is the only WR among this corps that i really haven't heard anything about...and i've been looking and interested. it seems like all the rest of the guys have impressive days or plays and get mentioned by others...mainly coaches and media in attendance.

i think he isn't talked about much in here because he hasn't really done much worth mentioning by the coaches and those watching.

i just wouldn't get excited about him. i know we need the speed and the hair is cool and all, but if others are outperforming him in practice, i just wouldn't hold my breath waiting for him to do anything when the season starts.

i said this about bell, it's easy to look good and impress in shorts. when you aren't impressing in shorts, though, that's not a good sign.

he could be this season's hixon. the guy who gets a jersey but doesn't get on the field much and when he does he doesn't get targeted much.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Like I've said before I wanted Underwood long before we lost all of our receivers. He will surprise a lot of people on this forum.

Would be willing to bet he gets 500+ yards this season

Lol our 4th WR had 7 catches last year. If he is able to win the job for that spot, which is supremely questionable, 10 catches would be a successful season

Posted · Report post

This is his 4th team, but he's been cut upteen times. It's the same old story. Teams are in love with his speed so he keeps getting chances. 

Its actually the same exact story that Ted Ginn Jr has. Fast, similar productivity, they are on their 4th team.  Outside of returns, they are the same guy; The only difference is money.

I just looked at the contracts again for the players that we let walk and their replacements. Gettleman has his shit together. I think our secondary will once again be a surprise.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

He's gonna have to step up and make an impression to be remembered.