Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Delhomme talks about his new home.

43 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[url]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09000d5d816ffd24/Delhomme-s-new-home[/url]

How wierd is it seeing him with the brownies helmets behind him? Also, he still sounds a little bummed about the releasing.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Man. Im glad hes gone, but every time i see him in a Panthers uniform I get bummed. I hope when he retires he signs a 1 day contract and we should retire his jersey. I'll never forget this horrible last 2 years. but hes still a great guy (and a great QB for several years). good luck Jake
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Stand-up guy, I wish him the best.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

let me know the day Smith mans up like that. Jake is a good leader, doesn't blame anyone but himself.

Posted · Report post

drew...ure posts annoy me more and more everyday

Posted · Report post

[quote name='The Saltman']drew...ure posts annoy me more and more everyday[/QUOTE]

I aim to please...nothing but objectivity my man.

Nice pic by the way.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='DrewBreesIsGod']let me know the day Smith mans up like that. Jake is a good leader, doesn't blame anyone but himself.[/QUOTE]

Mad hater. Why so bitter? Smitty mans up when he needs to. hes straight up. hater.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='The Saltman']drew...ure posts annoy me more and more everyday[/QUOTE]solution...
[QUOTE]This message is hidden because DrewBreesIsGod is on your ignore list. [/QUOTE]
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

thanx

Posted · Report post

I think if he has to earn the starter's position, he will and he'll do well. I think he just needs to compete for it to prove to himself he's still got it.

Mike Holmgren sees something in him, and he's got a history of doing well with quarterbacks. I guess I'll be watching some Browns games on the Sunday Ticket this year.

Posted · Report post

hahaha, I call the crybaby Smith out and get neg repped. Nice objectivity!

Posted · Report post

why are u even here? Saintsreport not good enough? u just won the freakin superbowl. Go celebrate.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='DrewBreesIsGod']hahaha, I call the crybaby Smith out and get neg repped. Nice objectivity![/QUOTE]

no one likes you....
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I think the number one thing that affected Delhomme in his latter years in Carolina was pressure. After the 2003 and 2005 seasons, he was expected to lead us to the playoffs each and every year. The pressure just mounted from then on out and after the 2008 season and his lucrative contract extension, the pressure was insurmountable.

Jake seems to be a guy that succeeds when he's under the radar (just like the rest of the Panther team). He came off the bench in 2003 and succeeded. 2004 was a year the Panthers were decimated by injuries. We were expected to win it all that year but we struggled and Delhomme was back under the radar. 2005 was another successful season with Delhomme not under the spotlight. Everyone seemed to have faith in Delhomme and when the Panthers didn't deliver, he was to blame.

I think he will succeed in Cleveland, especially if he's not the starter to start the season. I wish him the best.

Posted · Report post

So Drew thinks Smitty will fail w/o Delhomme? "we'll see how he crybaby does w/o leadership" :rofl: He did pretty good w/ Moore in 2009. he numbers practically doubled

Posted · Report post

Hard not to like the guy, easy to hate the player. Watch him look like an all-pro this year... that s.o.b better not:incazzato:

Posted · Report post

[quote name='DrewBreesIsGod']hahaha, I call the crybaby Smith out and get neg repped. Nice objectivity![/QUOTE]

have some more.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I told y'all Jake was in the WCO before.

Posted · Report post

yea.. crys so much from destroying the saints defense every year.

those stiff arms to the face make forearm sore.

you know..these [IMG]http://i36.tinypic.com/2zg9thl.jpg[/IMG]

Posted · Report post

I hope him and the Browns all the success. Their fans certainly deserve it.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Jangler']have some more.[/QUOTE]

and some more....

Posted · Report post

its ok...he is negrepped to smack already. dont worry im keeping tabs on everyone in the smack forum under the thread title Damn.

Ok Continue.

Posted · Report post

Psh, I'm glad as f**k Jake is gone. He only drug the team down last season. He was the sole creator of all my anger last season.

Posted · Report post

What's wrong you guys can't handle criticism? A guy says his opinion on a player and you gang up on him? I'm a Panthers fan, but I feel like Steve Smith has been very good for us, but he's also a pain in the ass and selfish. Not finishing routes (see the Dallas game), blaming others, all about himself. Can't believe that some people on this board can't see that!

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Dirty Sanchez']What's wrong you guys can't handle criticism? [U]1-A guy says his opinion on a player and you gang up on him? [/U] I'm a Panthers fan, but I feel like Steve Smith has been very good for us, [U]2- but he's also a pain in the ass and selfish[/U]. [U]3- Not finishing routes (see the Dallas game), blaming others, all about himself. [/U] Can't believe that some people on this board can't see that![/QUOTE]

1- Gang up on him? :eek: please.
2- is he really? he busts his butt for this team game in and game out. and EVERYONE knows how much he loves it in Carolina. and NEVER takes plays off. unlike some former panthers.

3- Um excuse me, but Smitty OWNED UP to the Dallas game. i can see you don't follow as well as you think you do. Steve Smith doesn't blame anyone. and hes about the team. and Jake wouldn't be HALF the QB he was w/o Steve Smith. theres your facts.