Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

at least we know Jamar is smart...

14 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

anybody remember this story?
[URL="http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/news/articles/0430wade0430.html"]ASU player kills teammate[/URL]

[QUOTE]Williams smelled alcohol as he watched Wade stumble out of his car. As they spoke, Wade started fidgeting with something in his pocket. Suddenly a gun fired, and the bullet took a chunk out of the concrete inches from Williams' foot.

Williams saw smoke coming out of Wade's pocket.

Wade laughed, apologized and hugged his teammate.

"I'm sorry," he said.

"You better take that gun away from him," Williams told Nicholson.

"I'm fine," Wade said. "I'm fine."

"Well, I'm going home," Williams said. "[B]I can't be around you if you have a gun, especially if you're drinking.[/B]"
[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0dYT4bp5aA6c4/610x.jpg[/IMG]
Former Arizona State football player Jamar Williams testifies Monday, May 21, 2007, in the murder trial of former ASU running back Loren Wade in Phoenix. Wade is charged with first-degree murder in the death of former ASU football player Brandon Falkner, outside a Scottsdale nightclub on March 26, 2005.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Maybe [I]he[/I] should have taken the gun from him.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Beaux Berry']Maybe [I]he[/I] should have taken the gun from him.[/QUOTE]

Would [I]you[/I] try to take some drunk thugs gun away?

I know I wouldn't ;)

Posted · Report post

[quote name='kennypowers30']Would [I]you[/I] try to take some drunk thugs gun away?

I know I wouldn't ;)[/QUOTE]

No, but don't tell the people of the Huddle that. I have an image to maintain.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Beaux Berry']Maybe [I]he[/I] should have taken the gun from him.[/QUOTE]

easy to say behind the veil of internet security, lets see I'm a linebacker at a division one school with a good chance at an NFL career. An idiot I know is drunk and is shooting a gun around aimlessly......I'm pretty sure I would have left as well

Posted · Report post

[QUOTE]I'm a linebacker at a division one school with a good chance at an NFL career. An idiot I know is drunk and is shooting a gun around aimlessly......I'm pretty sure I would have left as well [/QUOTE]Yeah, and I would have been trying to lower my time in the 40 while leaving. ;)

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panthers8192']easy to say behind the veil of internet security, lets see I'm a linebacker at a division one school with a good chance at an NFL career. An idiot I know is drunk and is shooting a gun around aimlessly......I'm pretty sure I would have left as well[/QUOTE]

Chris Harris would've done it.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='kennypowers30']Would [I]you[/I] try to take some drunk thugs gun away?

I know I wouldn't ;)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Beaux Berry']Chris Harris would've done it.[/QUOTE]

Chuck Norris would've too...

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Pantha-San']Chuck Norris would've too...[/QUOTE]

And Armanti Edwards. He would've too, only he would had done it so fast that the other dude wouldn't even have know that he didn't have the gun anymore.

'cause you know.... Edwards is fast!

Like a marsupial.

Posted · Report post

Truth.

Posted · Report post

What people tell the police and what really happened aren't always the same.

I seriously doubt the whole situation went down like "Oh pardon me good sir, if you insist on possessing an illegal firearm and continuing the consumption of alcoholic beverages I must be on my way back to the dormitories. Too-tah-loo."
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='R0CKnR0LLA']What people tell the police and what really happened aren't always the same.

I seriously doubt the whole situation went down like "Oh pardon me good sir, if you insist on possessing an illegal firearm and continuing the consumption of alcoholic beverages I must be on my way back to the dormitories. Too-tah-loo."[/QUOTE]

Yup.

This is just a case of common sense. Glad he has some.

Posted · Report post

[QUOTE]Yeah, and I would have been trying to lower my time in the 40 while leaving. [/QUOTE] this ftmw

Posted · Report post

While tweeting about it.