Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We might just have something special here with Jimmy Clausen

127 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

It's a shame that he's not going to be able to show off for as long as 89 is injured with this ankle thing because he literally now has a worse receiving corps that he did at Notre Dame, but I am REALLY starting to like what I see from Clausen. Most of his issues from last week were cleaned up in just one week. He just needs to find a way to have less passes batted down at the line and he could be a Pro Bowl quarterback within a few seasons.

Posted · Report post

feel bad for him honestly, he really should have a better oline and receiver options.

Posted · Report post

only thing Clausen had done today is stare down just about every single throw.......hard to call the Stewart play great since NO simply didn't even cover him. That is going to get him picked likely on the last drive when we attempt to get into field goal position.

Posted · Report post

Here's his delhomme v Jacksonville moment

Posted · Report post

sigh, watch the game, more than one play please. this guy isn't anything special yet.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Fiz']Here's his delhomme v Jacksonville moment[/QUOTE]
Thats the difference really. If Clausen were like Jake, He makes the play. Instead we don't and we are 0-4.

Posted · Report post

From what I saw today, there's a lot of potential. He was put in an end-of-game situation and showed out. However, there were too many plays where he wasn't on the same page as his receivers (I like the rookie-rookie connection forming though). Tough loss today.

Posted · Report post

CRA is a Matt Moore fag**tt so anythign he says i will not care to hear.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='panthers55']Thats the difference really. If Clausen were like Jake, He makes the play. Instead we don't and we are 0-4.[/QUOTE]

lol

Posted · Report post

[quote name='panthers55']Thats the difference really. If Clausen were like Jake, He makes the play. Instead we don't and we are 0-4.[/QUOTE]

Please keep in mind that 0-2 belongs to Matt Moore...while if D-Will would have followed the play, Clausen would be 1-1! Playing much better teams than did Matt.

Please don't say we are 0-4 like its all Jimmy's faults because there are some on here that will believe you.

Posted · Report post

pretty sure he people hating on Clausen weren't watching the game I was, or are expecting miracles out of a rookie QB with a terrible coordinator.

The throw to Gettis was amazing. He got the ball to Jarrett where he needed to, but his clock management was terrible and he has to get the ball out quick and avoid that sack (PS: Our coordinators are idiots and somehow don't expect blitzes from defenses known for them in high pressure situations)

Posted · Report post

I'm glad he didn't throw any picks and I do think he has a bright future, but he was nothing more than mediocre today.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Baschski']I'm glad he didn't throw any picks and I do think he has a bright future, but he was nothing more than mediocre today.[/QUOTE]

Mediocre in his second start at the defending super bowl champs house... I can live with that.

Posted · Report post

rabble rabble rabble He sucked rabble rabble rabble no potential no promise rabble rabble rabble. rabble rabble his 90.6 qb rating sucked for a guy in only his second game rabble rabble rabble.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='08NFCSchamps']rabble rabble rabble He sucked rabble rabble rabble no potential no promise rabble rabble rabble. rabble rabble his 90.6 qb rating sucked for a guy in only his second game rabble rabble rabble.[/QUOTE]

Completed 50% and his only TD was on a ridiculously blown coverage. No, he doesn't suck, but he did not do anything special today. That doesn't mean he doesn't have potential or promise, so try not to put words in peoples' mouths.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

newsflash: the panthers have a rookie qb playing with green wide receivers. he made some good throws under pressure and didn't make any cardinal mistakes... no he was not drew brees like but anyone who acts like there was not noticeable progress from last week didn't watch the game.

next year with a full training camp and three preseason starts (shame it couldn't have happened this year) he will become a lot more cohesive with this offense.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='HPPantherzfan']Please keep in mind that 0-2 belongs to Matt Moore...while if D-Will would have followed the play, Clausen would be 1-1! Playing much better teams than did Matt.

Please don't say we are 0-4 like its all Jimmy's faults because there are some on here that will believe you.[/QUOTE]

Dude, stop trying to put blame on D. Will! Did you forget D. Will cut outside on his TD run? So if he follows that play we'd only have 1 TD instead of 2. JC is the king of check downs, and is scared to take chances. He needs to learn what open is in the NFL.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Tarheels23']Dude, stop trying to put blame on D. Will! Did you forget D. Will cut outside on his TD run? So if he follows that play we'd only have 1 TD instead of 2. JC is the king of check downs, and is scared to take chances. He needs to learn what open is in the NFL.[/QUOTE]

if you are trying to say that D-Will didn't mess up on that play and that the drive stalled due to Jimmy then sorry but you are WRONG

we only needed 2 yards, we didn't need a TD run...we needed him to do what was called...follow the blockers PERIOD!

Edit: Nevermind, I just noticed your name and avatar...its obivous you don't do a whole lot of thinking

Posted · Report post

if only he had handed the ball off like jake, or had plays called like jake did.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Tarheels23']Dude, stop trying to put blame on D. Will! Did you forget D. Will cut outside on his TD run? So if he follows that play we'd only have 1 TD instead of 2.[/QUOTE]

Williams f**ked up on the 2nd and 8 play. He didn't need to try for a homerun, a single would've done fine.

Also, a rookie QB needs to learn things? Christ, who knew?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Raleighcat83']Moore is better.[/QUOTE]

You're right, I think he is MUCH better at holding a clip board!

Did you notice he even shaved for the job?

:yesnod:

Posted · Report post

For grins & giggles last week (and since many were calling for Clausen's head after one game), I posted the QB ratings of some select QB's first four games in the NFL. Here's an update through the 2nd NFL start for Clausen.

Game 1
Steve Young – 77.2
Tom Brady – 62.9
Peyton Manning – 58.6
[B]Jimmy Clausen – 53.6[/B]
Donovan McNabb – 44.9
Brett Favre – 41.7
Troy Aikman – 40.2
Terry Bradshaw – 19.3
John Elway – 0.0

Game 2
Brett Favre – 97.1
[B]Jimmy Clausen - 90.6[/B]
Tom Brady – 79.6
Troy Aikman – 71.1
Terry Bradshaw – 61.5
Donovan McNabb – 60.4
John Elway – 58.8
Peyton Manning – 51.1
Steve Young – 29.8

Game 3
Brett Favre – 144.6
Donovan McNabb – 60.4
Tom Brady – 58.7
John Elway – 56.8
Peyton Manning – 39.3
Steve Young – 31.6
Terry Bradshaw – 29.6
Troy Aikman – 4.0

Game 4
Tom Brady – 93.4
Brett Favre – 90.8
Steve Young 70.6
Peyton Manning – 63.2
Troy Aikman – 39.6
Terry Bradshaw – 19,6
John Elway – 36.6
Donovan McNabb – 28.8

Posted · Report post

I hope they work on him getting some touch on his balls, And get some loft on them, once he gets that under control he is going to become a great QB for us, until then...just going to have to be patient and watch him grow, soon he won't be a gherkin anymore..

Posted · Report post

Retarded post. Rookie Jake Delhomme would have thrown 6 picks today and sure as hell wouldn't have completed that 4th down pass to Gettis in the first place.