Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AJ Green

84 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

As there stands a very good chance Luck stays at Stanford, let's get excited about other prospects too.

[yt]T1xsTa94KAw[/yt]

[yt]y9hPcHNnksk[/yt]

Posted · Report post

I can't get excited for someone from UGA. Can't bring myself to do it. That's the TRUE football of Georgia, and their fans are worse than Falcons fans (if you can even imagine that).

Posted · Report post

Yes please.

Posted · Report post

I like AJ Green, but I'd like to see us address our DL need if Luck is not available by drafting Fairley from Auburn.

Posted · Report post

You are aware we had one of the worst passing offenses in NFL history this year, right?

Posted · Report post

I would love Green. If we don't get Luck, I would still be very happy if we came away with that guy. People talk about how we have Lafell, Gettis, and Smitty. Good we will finally have some depth at the position for the first time in franchise history. We have bigger needs but at the top of the draft you go with the best player, and I think Green is the best player.

Posted · Report post

whos passing him the ball?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Delhommey']You are aware we had one of the worst passing offenses in NFL history this year, right?[/QUOTE]

Smitty couldn't even get half of his usual totals. You think another WR is going to help this offense like another QB will? I'd be surprised if we didn't go with Moore again if Luck doesn't declare.

Posted · Report post

If not luck than Cam. We need a playmaker at qb. Then and only then can we evaluate or talent at wr.

Posted · Report post

My take on the needs: (In order)

1. QB
2. DT
3. DT
4. RG
5. CB
6. WR
7. DT
8. DT
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I would not like to do it but Newton is my second highest rated QB behind Mallete. I say we ether grab him or trade down for a second round pick.

Posted · Report post

I like Gettis and LaFell. If Smith stays and Edwards comes around, Luck will have some talent to throw to. Green is a stud, but we need a first round QB. A face for the franchise.

Posted · Report post

WE DO NOT NEED A WR...and holy god not with our first damn pick!

Posted · Report post

Since we probably just scared Luck back into school for another year, we're reaching at #1 either way. I guess Green or Peterson would be BPA.

Posted · Report post

Hai guyz

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Dpantherman']whos passing him the ball?[/QUOTE]

Posted · Report post

I've been thinking about wanting Green but then I also think that what's the use of drafting him if we have no one to throw to him. The QB FA pool is going to be weak as hell. We'd have to draft Newton/Mallett/Locker because they'll be gone after the 1st round.

Posted · Report post

Only thread worth posting in anymore when it comes to #1 draft talk. I support 100%. All others should die.

It's AJ or bust in the draft. AJ and grab VY in the off-season if Moore doesn't come back strong.

Honestly I have waited so many years for a high quality #2 receiver. AJ Green certainly fits that bill and would be absolutely thrilled if we are not absolutely retarded and just go ahead and take the obvious choice. GOOOOOOOOOOO GREEEEEEEEEEEN!

Posted · Report post

No Prima donna wide receivers #1 overall please.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Dpantherman']...[/QUOTE]

I have every faith that Jimmy Clausen can eventually play to the level of Drew Stanton if needs be.

Posted · Report post

thats fine if we never want to make the playoffs again :biggrin:

Posted · Report post

Your right.... I'm still a little down, but there is nothing we can do about it now. I would like to take Green or Bowers. I could see having a pass rush of Johnson and Bowers (If he becomes a stud) anchoring this defense for awhile. Leaning AJ Green

Posted · Report post

I agree with this post.
AJ or bust.
Everybody else is a reach.

I'm not totally opposed to trading down and taking Newton though.
But I've always been a total homer for AJ, with him being from hometown, me meeting him a few times (we're in the same age group..), seeing him play HS ball, etc etc..