Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most Respected World Leader

87 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[url]http://www.iht.com/articles/2009/02/06/america/poll.4-423681.php[/url]

Obama's name was the only new one on the list of 19 world leaders whom respondents were asked to rate. Approval of the Dalai Lama, the exiled Tibetan spiritual leader, rose to 77 percent, from 71 in the previous poll, but it was not enough to match Obama's 80 percent. Ratings for other world leaders stayed more or less the same.

Posted · Report post

Let's ck again in 24 months. The Daili's been around a while.........

W had a 90 % approval rating in the US after 911.

[URL]http://www.hist.umn.edu/~ruggles/Approval.htm[/URL]

Posted · Report post

should be morales in bolivia

Posted · Report post

How does a Christian gather such respect? Boggles the mind huh....

Yeah I said it! Stirs pot and backs out.

Posted · Report post

What is the world coming to, when you don't have to do anything and get respect. No wonder everybody thinks they are owed it.

Posted · Report post

Wait till all the people who voted him in realize the handout's not coming.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='tattoorhino']How does a Christian gather such respect? Boggles the mind huh....[/quote]

n/m you weren't responding to me

Posted · Report post

[quote name='tattoorhino']How does a Christian gather such respect? Boggles the mind huh....

Yeah I said it! Stirs pot and backs out.[/quote]

Feeling persecuted again tonight?

Posted · Report post

I didnt figure you guys would have a snappy answer about the great world leader you all voted for...(I voted for him to) And I dont feel persecuted by you guys anymore. My skin has thicked over the last few days, say what you want.

Posted · Report post

I dont guess he is intellectual smart enough to admit he doesnt believe in anything. Obama that is.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Fiz']should be morales in bolivia[/quote]

I'm hoping this is a joke.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Delhommey']I'm hoping this is a joke.[/quote]

viva la revolucion

Posted · Report post

[quote name='tattoorhino']I dont guess he is intellectual smart enough to admit he doesnt believe in anything. Obama that is.[/quote]

You voted for a non-believer?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='tattoorhino']I didnt figure you guys would have a snappy answer about the great world leader you all voted for...(I voted for him to) And I dont feel persecuted by you guys anymore. My skin has thicked over the last few days, say what you want.[/quote]

No snappy answer needed - the Dalai Lama has been on that list for a long time and I don't know if "athiest" is the term I would use to describe him...tattoo, you are not 'stirring up" anything. No one has a problem with a believer as President, it's a bit of a job requirement anyways. What we do have a problem with is when they feel it is their duty to advance their own faith based notions on everyone else.

Posted · Report post

Good thing we have never had a president that tried to do that.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='dimbee']You voted for a non-believer?[/quote]

Obama is Christian. And like I have said before I dont care if the president worships goats, as long as he can run the country in such a way as is best for the majority. I believe in the separation of church and state. So are you saying that Obama isnt intellectiually honest because he is Christian? Just curious and this one is for CWG.

Posted · Report post

Im not looking to push my beliefs on anyone nor would I want a president to. I would just like the option to express it with the same respect, thats all.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Delhommey']I'm hoping this is a joke.[/quote]

I'm sure it is.
Otherwise fiz has been reading Matthew Mcconaughey's blog too often.

Posted · Report post

Fiz can read? Just kidding.

Posted · Report post

it is pretty cool that a populist leader who represents the historical repressed ethnic majority has taken power, proved a very effective leader, taken steps to diminishing the catholic church's power in the country, and begun nationalization so that the people can do more than you know live off 50 cents a day. he's also redistributing the land so that the natives can farm things like food. before it was run by a bunch of imports who did nothing but grow export soy while the rest of the country when malnourished.

i mean yeah it kinda sucks that coca is a major crop but it's not like the bolivians have many options besides starving to death.

also pstall i don't get that joke because unlike you i dont spend my time reading shit

Posted · Report post

[quote name='tattoorhino']Fiz can read? Just kidding.[/quote]

not if you're between me and a source of light.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Fiz']not if you're between me and a source of light.[/quote]

With as much as you like to debate and with all this education you apparently have, it's amazing that you never learned to argue a point without making yourself look like a complete ass to everyone - whether they agree with you or not.

Posted · Report post

i thought it was pretty clever. and i love tattoorhino.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Fiz']also pstall i don't get that joke because unlike you i dont spend my time reading sh*t[/quote]

I'm calling you out on this one. You spend a lot of time reading this board.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Sigmund the Sea Monster']I'm calling you out on this one. You spend a lot of time reading my posts.[/quote]