Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ACC Individual Awards

56 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

POY: Nolan Smith
FOY: Harrison Barnes
DPOY: John Henson
COY: Roy Williams

3 out of 4 isn't too bad :)

[url]http://www.theacc.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/030811aab.html[/url]

Posted · Report post

Nolan, NCAA Champion and now ACC player or the year.
Hell of a player!

Posted · Report post

[quote name='GritsRgreat']Nolan, NCAA Champion and now ACC player or the year.
Hell of a player![/QUOTE]

He is a good player. Like I said before, I really respect him and he has a great all around game. K's douchery hasn't really got to him while he has been there.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='TarPanther9180']He is a good player. Like I said before, I really respect him and he has a great all around game. K's douchery hasn't really got to him while he has been there.[/QUOTE]

K's douchery? What the hell does that mean?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='TarPanther9180']He is a good player. Like I said before, I really respect him and he has a great all around game. K's douchery hasn't really got to him while he has been there.[/QUOTE]

If i recall Smith thought of transferring after his 2nd year. If you would have told me he would become ACC POY back then i would have L'dMAO.. Kids come along way.

Posted · Report post

An act of douche-like quality; a place where the art of douchery is practiced.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='TarPanther9180']An act of douche-like quality; a place where the art of douchery is practiced.[/QUOTE]

very well said..

Posted · Report post

[quote name='TarPanther9180']An act of douche-like quality; a place where the art of douchery is practiced.[/QUOTE]

It's amazing how you unc fans stick together and back each other even when some dumb@ss nonsense is said. K's douchery hasn't gotten to Nolan, WTF? Instead of trying to sound smart and maybe make a good point you just say "well K's douchery hasn't gotten to him" that could be the dumbest statement I have ever read on this board and that is saying something.SMH!!

Posted · Report post

[quote name='bigcatdaddy'][b]It's amazing how you unc fans stick together and back each other even when some dumb@ss nonsense is said.[/b] K's douchery hasn't gotten to Nolan, WTF? Instead of trying to sound smart and maybe make a good point you just say "well K's douchery hasn't gotten to him" that could be the dumbest statement I have ever read on this board and that is saying something.SMH!![/QUOTE]

Sounds more like Dookies to me, srs.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='scarface']Sounds more like Dookies to me, srs.[/QUOTE]

You just proved my point, good one!

Posted · Report post

If I had to say something 'douchery' about K, it would be simple...

Montross left bleeding on the court

Felton left bleeding on the court

Hansbrough left bleeding on the court

When asked about dirty play K claims "we don't play that way"

Posted · Report post

Sounds to me like UNC has a bleeding problem

[IMG]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f122/Aceshigh22/tampon.gif[/IMG]

Posted · Report post

And Duke has a thug problem?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='NanceUSMC']If I had to say something 'douchery' about K, it would be simple...

When asked about dirty play K claims "we don't play that way"[/QUOTE]

Really, you are going to cry about a little blood? Stop acting like coach K told his guys to go out and play dirty, $h!t happens.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='NanceUSMC']And Duke has a thug problem?[/QUOTE]

Wow that is a first, Duke has a thug problem. I take it back this is the dumbest statement I have ever heard on this board.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='NanceUSMC']If I had to say something 'douchery' about K, it would be simple...

When asked about dirty play K claims "we don't play that way"[/QUOTE]

Let's not forget when it all started, with Laettner stomping that kid in the infamous Kentucky game

Posted · Report post

^^ you mean the greatest college basketball game ever played?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='TarPanther9180']Let's not forget when it all started, with Laettner stomping that kid in the infamous Kentucky game[/QUOTE]

I thought only UK fans cried about that, I guess heels fans do to.:D

Posted · Report post

[quote name='bigcatdaddy']I thought only UK fans cried about that, I guess heels fans do to.:D[/QUOTE]

I don't care if it were dook or not (I hate Kentucky too), it was intentional, it was wrong, and he should have been ejected from the game and not available for that shot.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='bigcatdaddy']Wow that is a first, Duke has a thug problem. I take it back this is the dumbest statement I have ever heard on this board.[/QUOTE]

What, you don't like it so it's a dumb statement? You do like to be an ass, don't you? How about him throwing the ball at Joe Wolf's head, or stomping the UK kid? That's all class... It's ok, you can deny, deny, deny... We all saw it... Maybe you should post some stats about how forearms and shoeprints boost Duke's chances of winning?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='NanceUSMC']What, you don't like it so it's a dumb statement? You do like to be an ass, don't you? How about him throwing the ball at Joe Wolf's head, or stomping the UK kid? That's all class... It's ok, you can deny, deny, deny... We all saw it... Maybe you should post some stats about how forearms and shoeprints boost Duke's chances of winning?[/QUOTE]

I am shedding a tear for you:cryin: In all seriousness Laettner should not have done what he did but that was almost 20 years ago, one incident doesn't define a program and it sure doesn't define a coach especially when he had nothing to do with what CL did. Let's get back on topic with something relevant to this ACC Individual Awards thread.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='bigcatdaddy']I am shedding a tear for you:cryin: In all seriousness Laettner should not have done what he did but that was almost 20 years ago, one incident doesn't define a program and it sure doesn't define a coach especially when he had nothing to do with what CL did. Let's get back on topic with something relevant to this ACC Individual Awards thread.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what shedding a tear for me means, other than just being a smart ass... And how you're down to one incident, 20 years ago, I don't understand... I pointed out several, and IIRC in each of those games, Carolina came out the winner, which is what usually happens... So, keep your tears, your sarcasm and your mud slinging... And of course, after you don't like the way the discussion is going, deflect....... So, as you said, let's get back on topic...

Posted · Report post

[quote name='NanceUSMC']Not sure what shedding a tear for me means, other than just being a smart ass... And how you're down to one incident, 20 years ago, I don't understand... I pointed out several, and IIRC in each of those games, Carolina came out the winner, which is what usually happens... So, keep your tears, your sarcasm and your mud slinging... And of course, after you don't like the way the discussion is going, deflect....... So, as you said, let's get back on topic...[/QUOTE]

Dude you are crying about what Laettner did to someone on UK's team 20 years ago and then you are crying about physical play were somebody gets bloody. Like you said unc came out on top in those games so stop the bitching and whining, it gets exhausting. We can keep going on with this nonsense about Duke being a bunch of thugs and coach K being the puppet master making them that way or we can get real and get back on topic, your choice.

Maybe this will make you feel better show you Duke and coach K didn't plan to bloody up Montross.
"Sophomore center Eric Montross and Duke villain Christian Laettner butted heads and matched games in this tense, taut thriller"

Posted · Report post

UNC owns dook

Posted · Report post

[quote name='bigcatdaddy']Dude you are crying about what Laettner did to someone on UK's team 20 years ago and then you are crying about physical play were somebody gets bloody. Like you said unc came out on top in those games so stop the bitching and whining, it gets exhausting. We can keep going on with this nonsense about Duke being a bunch of thugs and coach K being the puppet master making them that way or we can get real and get back on topic, your choice.

Maybe this will make you feel better show you Duke and coach K didn't plan to bloody up Montross.
"Sophomore center Eric Montross and Duke villain Christian Laettner butted heads and matched games in this tense, taut thriller"[/QUOTE]

So I mention Laettner (and other Dukies which you ignore) in 4 or 5 posts over the course of an hour or so, and you're exhausted, yet, you spend the better part of 16 months talking about how it's going to be a long year for Carolina, how KM is trash (you recanted, so this isn't to rehash that), how Carolina is going to take years to recover (yes, that post was between you and Unicar), how we are inferrior, etc, etc, etc... It went on for over a year, and you want to tell me I'm exhausting you after half a dozen posts of a conversation? Sounds like someone can dish it out, but can't take much...

Here's the thing... I think you have the potential to hold lucid, well stated, even keeled discussions, but allow either ego or anger to get in the way... When someone says something you don't want to talk about (such as this discussion we've been having regarding some unnecessarily rough play), instead of making it a nice conversation, you attempt to belittle the poster (ie you didn't like my comment, so it's now the stupidest thing you've ever seen? seriously, wow), and change the conversation... Whether you mean to or not (and in all seriousness this isn't meant to be an attack), you tend to come across as a know it all, who can't handle a conflicting opinion that doesn't cast your team in a glow... It's annoying and makes you look more like an ass than someone capable of carrying a serious, well thought out, level headed discussion...

I don't know GRG from anyone else, but I get the feeling from his posts that if I said to him, 'hey, great player you guys have there in Smith, he really deserved POY and should be NPOY'... I believe he would say 'thanks!'... You come across as someone who would say 'I know, I told you'...

Not meaning this to be an attack... Hopefully it's constructive...
2 people like this