Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Red Sox

18 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

lol

Posted · Report post

and only 158 more games to go.

1998 Yankees started off 0-3 and 1-4 in their first 5 games only to win 125 games and a World Championship....just saying.

Posted · Report post

Can't explain it but too early to worry (much).

Posted · Report post

Moving Carl Crawford to the 7 hole makes no sense to me. Sounds like a knee jerk reaction. Never been a fan of Terry Francona though.

Posted · Report post

Get back to me in August.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Johnny Rockets']and only 158 more games to go.

1998 Yankees started off 0-3 and 1-4 in their first 5 games only to win 125 games and a World Championship....just saying.[/QUOTE]

yeah I know that. they'll probably get it together, I just personally think it's funny how much hype they got and how much trash red sox fans talked before the season.

I'm sorry but I just can't see their pitching staff taking them very far. I think the Jays/Yankees battle for #1/#2, and Orioles/Sox battle for #3/#4 in the AL East.

I could be completely wrong and their bats could break out(they will, too much talent on offense to stay like this), but even then their pitching just isn't that impressive.

Posted · Report post

Looks like their pitching staff finally woke up. Don't know what happened with Dice K but that guy is playing lights out at the moment.

What is up with Carl Crawford by the way? Batting .135 at the moment...

Posted · Report post

[quote name='kennypowers30']yeah I know that. they'll probably get it together, [B][I]I just personally think it's funny how much hype they got and how much trash red sox fans talked before the season.[/I][/B]

I'm sorry but I just can't see their pitching staff taking them very far. I think the Jays/Yankees battle for #1/#2, and Orioles/Sox battle for #3/#4 in the AL East.

I could be completely wrong and their bats could break out(they will, too much talent on offense to stay like this), but even then their pitching just isn't that impressive.[/QUOTE]

On this board?

Not sure I agree, though, that the Sox are fighting it out for 4th place in the AL East in 4 months... Not with 3 legitimate CY candidates (providing Beckett continues to pitch like he did 2 years ago, and not like he did last year)... I don't see the holes in the rotation you do, regardless of their subpar start...

Posted · Report post

Finally, .500!!!

5-1 against the Yanks.

This season gets brighter and brighter

Posted · Report post

Un-friggin real. Half game out of 1st place.

2-10 record just 5 weeks ago and now this!!

Posted · Report post

And they put up 8 hits and 6 runs against Cleveland in the first inning already today.

Posted · Report post

My bad...it's now 9 hits and 7 runs....lol.

Posted · Report post

What's scary is this offense hasn't even woken up completely. Still waiting for Crawford to go beast mode.

Posted · Report post

13-0, nobody out in the 6th... Crawford 4-4 and a triple shy of the cycle...

Is there a mercy rule??

Posted · Report post

If the mercy rule existed in professional baseball, they would have taken my team away.

So no.

Posted · Report post

Well, this will probably be my last visit to the Huddle in a while (long story but nothing bad) so I want to go out with a :party: over the Red Sox turnaround, 1st place & most importantly 8-1 against the evil empire!! When I have had a chance, they have been fun to watch.

:seeya:

Posted · Report post

[img]http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/mj-laughing.gif[/img]
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Bye Bye Terry. Thank you for everything in the past but it is time to move on. No hard feelings as I put more of the blame for the collapse on the players & not you. I've actually been kind of wanting this for the previous two seasons.

[url]http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/thebuzz/2011/09/terry_francona.html[/url]