Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Schefter-NFLPA will meet Monday *update Schefter is a lying bitch*.

70 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[QUOTE]AdamSchefter: Player reps emailed letter to players "We will meet again Monday to discuss our options and the direction we want to go."[/QUOTE]

aka: fug you fans.

I don't think either side is serious about football at this point

Few hours later update by a real journalist
[QUOTE]judybattista Judy Battista
Players spokesman George Atallah says neither he nor De Smith know anything about an email saying player reps won't meet until Monday.
[/QUOTE]

So schfty is either out of his fucking mind, doesn'tknow whatheistalking about or both.

Posted · Report post

btw that means they aren't even thinking about voting this weekend

Posted · Report post

well the sooner they vote, the sooner they have to sweat through training camp.

Posted · Report post

"It's too hot outside for that bullshit", says Manning
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

well fuck them then

Posted · Report post

I'm ready for College Football fuck the NFL.

Posted · Report post

Welp... there goes the 2011 pre-season. At least part of it.

Posted · Report post

The NFL is dead to me at this point.

Posted · Report post

I love college football, but I repeat, there is NOTHING like football on Sundays. NOTHING.

Posted · Report post

I think I'm about to the point where I just want the owners to give a big "fuck you" to the players by just shutting everything down for the year. It ends this endless purgatory we've been in, and it gives a serious kick in the ass to the players. "If the deal where we gave you so damn much wasn't good enough, then you can just go without a check for a year."
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

The players are really starting to sh*t the bed here.

I'm getting the feeling the players will take their time and ratify their own agreement at the end of next week and send it to the owners, who will then reject it.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Dpantherman']I love college football, but I repeat, there is NOTHING like football on Sundays. NOTHING.[/QUOTE]

what about a double header on MNF

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Jase']The players are really starting to sh*t the bed here.

I'm getting the feeling the players will take their time and ratify their own agreement at the end of next week and send it to the owners, who will then reject it.[/QUOTE]

They are giving up on the season if they do that.

They being ALL of them.

Posted · Report post

that too

Posted · Report post

Fuck the player reps.

I understand the need to review the doc.

I don't understand why they are working bankers hours.

Posted · Report post

Ive never wished injury on a player before but Im damned close now.

Posted · Report post

next the fans should sue the owners and NFLPA for emotional trauma

Posted · Report post

their big problem is the NFLPA itself. the owners want the PA re-established prior o a vote. When they do that they will set precedent that proves a decertification tactic for the purposes of filing suits and flooding the courts is a bogus move and will not be recognized. They are scrambling (like they have been from the beginning) because they are effed anyway they go.

You just don't fvck with the man. The man fvcks harder than you can. Plain and simple.

Posted · Report post

and just because I am pissing vinegar towards the players does not mean that i am siding with the owners in this debacle.

The players had reps in the negotiations the whole time. If nothing in there was a surprise and the players fug this up then I hope the owners lock them out for the year and both parties lose a bucket of money.

Posted · Report post

This is a matter of pride and those never end well, NFLPA is just dragging their feet at this point... ridiculous.

Posted · Report post

This actually works out for me because I don't get paid til next Friday and my DirecTV bill is due. If they agreed today I would owe another $66 that I don't yet have. Soooooo......minor victory Montsta?

Posted · Report post

If Cam doesn't get to training camp we're fucked.

Posted · Report post

Well there you go. Now we can all relax and enjoy the weekend out jetskiing on lake Norman.

Posted · Report post

Just a tactic.

Trying to make the owners sweat a little, but I promise you the 2nd and 3rd year players hoping for roster spots are pissed right now.

Posted · Report post

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that the players are not planning to vote on the new Collective Bargaining Agreement proposal until Monday.
A previous "high-ranking source" told ESPN that a vote was possible on Saturday. Schefter confirms two sides have had "constructive dialogue" since Thursday night, which is a good sign. However, the players want to do a vote "on their own terms," and one of the biggest obstacles is the demand of Chargers franchise player Vincent Jackson to either receive monetary compensation or unrestricted free agency as part of the CBA. At this point, we don't anticipate any NFL transactions before the middle of next week. [B]The tentative target date for full-blown free agency may be two Sundays from now. [/B]