Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Videos From Fan Fest

30 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[yt]Ggq3izg-orA[/yt]

[yt]DI7i40PTSfU[/yt]

and some from local fans:

[yt]jHN8U2TUXsg[/yt]

i give clausen credit for actually taking a damn shot down field, although the play was made by olsen...this guy is gonna be good. and btw are walls are different arent they? blue eyes..

[yt]wdCOyZNUO9g[/yt]

again another horrible throw by clausen, but an amazing catch by smitty.

[yt]v4oOkgZEVpA[/yt]

and last but not least, Cam going deep to clowney, against 1st team, on the money
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

...now that i think about it, david clowney just beat two of our starting members in secondary...we should have signed cromartie or rogers..

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Lilsmitty09']...now that i think about it, david clowney just beat two of our starting members in secondary...we should have signed cromartie or rogers..[/QUOTE]
that's the first thing i thought

i am disappoint

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Lilsmitty09']...now that i think about it, david clowney just beat two of our starting members in secondary...we should have signed cromartie or rogers..[/QUOTE]

Looked like great throw, great catch.

As For clausen....ehhh

Pass to Olsen was way too late and pass to smitty was a floater behind him...if thats any sign of that the kid has it aint looking like a promising NFL career. He might not have an NFL arm.

Posted · Report post

Rivera seemed to think the defense was pretty good. Hard to see why, but we're getting the highlight plays from the offense, so it's tough to say. I just don't think Rivera would say he was pleased by some of what the defense did if he wasn't serious.

But anyway, I trust Rivera with the defense. Even if we struggle early, I fully expect him to work out the kinks. The most important thing this season is getting Cam on track and developing players for a future playoff run.

Posted · Report post

Same old Godfrey, giving up big play after big play. Sweet catches by Smitty and Olsen though. Thanks for the vids.

Posted · Report post

Man, this isn't hating, because I've been happy to hear he's improving... But, man, those were some HORRIBLE throws by Clausen. Both were incredible catches by Smitty and Olsen, but not good throws at all.

Posted · Report post

Jimmy looking good.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='IvanTheAwesome']Smitty and olsen making jimmy look good.[/QUOTE]

Fixed

Posted · Report post

Dat Olsen.

Posted · Report post

Jimmy just seems to make every throw a second or two too late. He almost never hits guys in stride. His timing is awful.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Gipetto']Fixed[/QUOTE]

Yeah, like Smitty didn't do that for Delhomme all these years..

Posted · Report post

Cam seems confident and he is well spoken. He also knows it will be a process learning the playbook and getting used to the NFL speed. I like that.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='IvanTheAwesome']Delhomme and smitty made each other look good.[/QUOTE]

Fixed

Posted · Report post

Quit pulling my strings Gipetto... ;P

Posted · Report post

[quote name='IvanTheAwesome']I love it when gipetto pulls my strings ;P[/QUOTE]

Fixed

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Second City Panther']Rivera seemed to think the defense was pretty good. Hard to see why, but we're getting the highlight plays from the offense, so it's tough to say. I just don't think Rivera would say he was pleased by some of what the defense did if he wasn't serious.

But anyway, I trust Rivera with the defense. Even if we struggle early, I fully expect him to work out the kinks. The most important thing this season is getting Cam on track and developing players for a future playoff run.[/QUOTE]

This post made me wonder..if perhaps the defense was told to go a bit easy so that some offensive plays could happen and get the fans a bit more excited about the team coming off the abysmal offensive performance of last season........

Posted · Report post

I seriously doubt it. That would be very harmful to Cam for one, as he would have a sense of false confidence, and also I just don't think Rivera would go along with it.

Posted · Report post

What you didn't see were 3 or 4 plays in a row where the defenses blitz was so effective that both Cam and Jimmy had nowhere to go.

If there had to room to scramble, Cam might have been able to scramble away from it but there were 2 or 3 guys coming across the LOS.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Second City Panther']I seriously doubt it. That would be very harmful to Cam for one, as he would have a sense of false confidence, and also I just don't think Rivera would go along with it.[/QUOTE]

Agree, I doubt Rivera would sign up for something like that.

Posted · Report post

It appears that Cam is doing better than Jimmy in camp, especially on those long throws. I don't think Jimmy has an arm for the deep ball at all, and I doubt he ever will. He is a lot shorter than Cam, so I think that Cam has much better vision of the field.

Poor Jimmy. And yes, he needs to do something about his timing and decision making.

All signs point to Cam starting so far.

Posted · Report post

First thing I noticed was that the play was from under center. Looks very promising from Cam. I've seen from many that throwing from under center is going to be cam's demise. Defantly shows cam is growing and improving.

Posted · Report post

Nice Vids thanks for posting them!

Posted · Report post

Some things I noticed on the first video:

Look at the center play on the Cam to Barnidge pass (0:39). The snap gets back there quickly and is perfect. Later, (sometime around 2:30), Jimmy throws a pass behind Steve Smith, but Smitty makes a great catch. However, note the snap from yesterday's starter CJ Davis. It is weak and low, throwing off the timing. It pulls Jimmy's eyes off the defensive backfield and forces his eyes to the ground. I noticed weak snaps from CJ all day. Since we will be in the gun a lot, do not be surprised if we do not keep Pugh.

I watched the first play repeatedly, and saw some good things across the board.
1. Cam steps up into the pocket perfectly. He does not have happy feet as he waits for Barnidge to break free. He throws a ROPE. Beautiful.
2. Terrell McClain gets a good jump and gets penetration. The guard (cannot tell who it is) is beat badly. Yes, he is ridden out of the pocket, but if Brown were to stunt inside, the QB would have been easily sacked. McClain looks good.
3. Watch the right side of the OL. Ziemba and Schwartz do a solid job.
4. Again, I cannot praise the center and his snap enough. That is going to be important with Cam, and he knows Cam and Cam knows him. In the back of my head, where logic and sanity are not welcome, I wonder if Pugh has caused them to re-think their offer to Kalil. Did the draft him because Cam likes him? (like a pitcher in baseball who has a particular catcher)? I seriously doubt it, but he looked good when I watched him.

Posted · Report post

Looks like a bit of a botched snap on the Clausen throw to Smith. Can't tell if he dropped it or if it rolled to him.