Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your Pre-Game Superstitions

62 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

LAst season i was on deployment and i didn't get to do my rituals so i'm pretty sure that's why the season went so bad. :D...j/k

Anyway i like to wear my stewart jersey under my deangelo jersey every game and drink exactly one beer 30mins before kickoff.

Posted · Report post

I have to cook , just is a necessity.

Posted · Report post

Drink heavily for the 5 hours leading up to kickoff.....for 1PM games.

For later games, the period of drinking is increased.

Posted · Report post

i dont have any but my new one will be to get my wife to serve me tacos and beer naked while the game's on
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I like to drink beer
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I take a dump. I also stare at said dump long enough that the brown awesomeness eventually spells out win.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I have to get all my "honey do" poo list done at least an hour before kickoff... Then I make sure that I have enough beer... Watch the Fox pre-game while cracking my first of many coors lights prior to kickoff.

But now I'm in FL and still not moved in. Staying with my wife's sister until we find the "right" house. Looked at several and only one possible thus far. I'd like to be moved in and comfortable by week one. Sunday ticket will be much more enjoyable now that I have it for free...

Posted · Report post

staying with the wife's sister?

I believe the word is......menage

Posted · Report post

This will be one of the first years where im back home in Charlotte, completely done with the Army now, minus these ridiculous appointments at the VA, so that I can actually watch and enjoy some Panthers football. Thank God, but as far as rituals, I do plan on having my wife serve me food, naked, possibly early morning sex before the game!
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[QUOTE]cracking my first of many coors lights prior to kickoff.[/QUOTE]
You're choice of beer is troubling, my friend.

Posted · Report post

I wore a White (34) Deangelo jersey to the game in San Diego Week 1 in 2008. After they won, I wore it to every home game that year and they went 8-0. So the jersey was 9-0 for the year.

Still don't know why, but I wore my black (90) Peppers jersey to the playoff game. I later used it to clean my bathroom floor and threw it away, but I am still pissed at myself for changing it up.

It was a cold rainy night, and I was expecting big things from Peppers and the team encouraged the fans to wear black since that's what the team wore. Go figure.

Have had no pre-game superstitions the past 2 years- need a new one.

Posted · Report post

[QUOTE]I do plan on having my wife serve me food, naked, possibly early morning sex before the game![/QUOTE]

Pre-game sex was also a ritual I did in 2008! But then I got married... haha

Posted · Report post

Shit the game isn't until 730, plenty of time for teh secks.

Other ones include

playing drink the beer and smoke the weed
tailgating
laughing at skew's cosby sweaters
letting madhatter trick me into eating extremely spicy things then drinking disgusting liquor concoctions
wearing no shirt under my jersey and seeing who notices
using my panthers purse complete with my growl towel and jersey if Im not wearing it.

ALWAYS super bowl beef nachos at halftime.

Posted · Report post

I have a Panthers neon sign hanging in the Living room wondow, it gets turned on first thing in the morning on gamedays and does not get shut off until I go to bed.. or the next morning if Im too fugged up to remember to turn it off...

I have to have teh kids done up in Panther gear for gameday too, love the whole family showing support. I also do not wash my jersey when the Panthers win, only clean off the funk of a loss...

Posted · Report post

Getting my football out of the cloest, got to hang on to it during the game. Also, removing anything breakable or valuable from the room where I will be watching. I become a basket case during games.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='The Saltman']I take a dump. I also stare at said dump long enough that the brown awesomeness eventually spells out win.[/QUOTE]

so shrooms are apart of your pregame ritual.. nice.

Posted · Report post

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by The Saltman
I take a dump. I also stare at said dump long enough that the brown awesomeness eventually spells out win. [/QUOTE]

What did it spell out last year b/c it sure wasn't wins? I imagine eventually it would have morphed into Dan Henning laughing hysterically at John Fox while Jerry Richardson was in the background counting rolls of hundred dollar bills while Morgan Forgerty served him tea in a French maid outfit

Posted · Report post

None. Nothing worked [I][U]consistantly[/U][/I] no matter what I did. I guess that's the luck of a historically inconsistant team.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='j2sgam']I have a Panthers neon sign hanging in the Living room wondow, it gets turned on first thing in the morning on gamedays and does not get shut off until I go to bed.. or the next morning if Im too fugged up to remember to turn it off...

I have to have teh kids done up in Panther gear for gameday too, love the whole family showing support. I also do not wash my jersey when the Panthers win, only clean off the funk of a loss...[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a garage band made up of falcon fans..."Funk Of A Loss"

Posted · Report post

make sure i wake up in time for the 1 o'clockers

Posted · Report post

Throw on a jersey, hoist the flag outside, fire up the grill, and settle down for some game time.

Posted · Report post

I forget rubbing one out is also part of my taking a dump and staring ritual.

Posted · Report post

The way the 08 season ended caused me to end my superstitions

Posted · Report post

All my pregame ritual sucked a$$ so I'm just going to watch the game in my Carolina Panthers PJ's my daughter got me from wal-mart.

Posted · Report post

walmart has those?