Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kentwan Balmer

120 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I keep forgetting we signed this guy. What do you expect of him?
I mean he has to be better than some of the guys we've got. Any of you think he might get the starting nod just based on talent alone?

We need desperately need somebody to pan out.

Posted · Report post

4-3 DT got stuck on two 3-4 teams playing DE.

worth a shot. low risk. hard to not be better than most the DTs on the roster. bar isn't set real high.

we basically just need someone who doesn't suck. in the right scheme he [U][I]might[/I][/U] not suck like he did in a 3-4.

might....

Posted · Report post

[quote name='rayzor']4-3 DT got stuck on two 3-4 teams playing DE[/QUOTE]

Hawks plays a 4-3 D. But for some reason they used him at DE.

Its sad but he might be better than most of the DTs on our team. Him starting is not out of the Q.

Posted · Report post

He's pretty good at getting up field, so we'll see what happens. We still need someone to replace Ron Edwards though.

Posted · Report post

No better than what we already have.

Posted · Report post

we'll see; rivera acknowledge he was playing out of position in his previous teams..although so was vernon gholston and i'm not sure he's working out either.

Posted · Report post

Rivera is gonna put him in the spot he has the best chance to flourish hopefully he takes advantage of it.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='OneBadassCat']I keep forgetting we signed this guy. What do you expect of him?
I mean he has to be better than some of the guys we've got.[B] Any of you think he might get the starting nod just based on talent alone?[/B]
We need desperately need somebody to pan out.[/QUOTE]

yes, I would want my most talented playing.

Posted · Report post

We should have signed Tommie Harris when we had the chance, he looks like an improved player.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Swordcat']we'll see; rivera acknowledge he was playing out of position in his previous teams..although so was vernon gholston and i'm not sure he's working out either.[/QUOTE]

Gholston received much more praise from the Jets after he moved to DE...

Posted · Report post

I guess at worst, he is better than Hayden.

Posted · Report post

Derek Landri seemed better than what we have now, but they let him go. He wasn't great, but was serviceable.

Posted · Report post

You forgot we signed a 6-5 315 pound Defensive Tackle?

Man oh man.

Posted · Report post

Multiple Pro Bowls.

Posted · Report post

i live in the state of washington...hawks fans all over here. i asked many of them about him, and they said hes a solid player. right now, ill take a solid player.

Posted · Report post

His size isn't his issue. If you search the 49er and Seahawk forums you'll find that his biggest knock is Drive, Desire, Toughness. He is known to just give up, but also take into account not only was he in the wrong scheme, he also played DE and not his natural position, so that probably affected his motivation. He is also known to be full of talent. So, we need motivation for him and some solid coaching, he could be a decent pick up, he has the size and strength to take up blockers.

Posted · Report post

As long as he can hold the tackles, and keep them from Beason, I'll be perfectly fine with Balmer this year.

Posted · Report post

What excites me about the guy is that he was a former first round talent. Just misused by idiot teams. If Rivera wanted him, he must know something. He's also 300+ pounds, we need that. I still say we need to give Stroud or pat williams a call.

Posted · Report post

Well maybe since he's from NC he will be motivated. Honestly, as has already been said, it can't be worse than what we've got. Look at it this way, we got a first round talent(he was a beast at UNC) on the cheap at the age of 24. Considering our current situation on the D-Line, complaining would be idiocy.

Posted · Report post

Maybe getting cut will be the wake-up call Kentwan needs to light a fire under him?

Posted · Report post

he won't do anything just like our other dt's, he shouldn't even be on an nfl roster. luckily the panthers 2011 defensive line might be the worst in nfl history

Posted · Report post

I'm hopeful for what he can do here as he has worlds of talent... I've stated this several times over since we picked him up.

I just hope this isn't another Devin Thomas situation, lol.

Posted · Report post

I wish we could have held onto our DL coach from the last couple years, Brian Baker. Nevertheless, here's to hoping Kentwan can turn into a D. Lewis and acquiring a vet run stuffer.

Posted · Report post

could end up being a steal, or could end up being a bust. Can't help but to have some type of hype for getting a former first rounder for nothing. The kid looks like he doesn't offer hardly any pass rushing ability, even in college he never had a lot of sacks so I guess he is just a NT?