Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vontaze Burfict: The Meanest Man

61 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[url]http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2011-07-28/the-meanest-man-in-college-football-vontaze-burfict[/url]

Excellent article, great read. We need to draft this guy, would be a great first round pick. He steps on the field and instantly or defense gets a lot more attitude causing havoc. Thinking about him and Beason on the field together makes me hard. :eek:
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Not this shit again. [IMG]http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff390/ShaneDawg021/floydthinking.png[/IMG]

Posted · Report post

First round? No thanks. His best position would be MLB, so he would be beason's backup. He can't control his emotions, he was suspended for his own bowl game this year. He is so mediocre in pass defense he was taken off the field in nickel packages.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='d-run']First round? No thanks. His best position would be MLB, so he would be beason's backup. He can't control his emotions, he was suspended for his own bowl game this year. He is so mediocre in pass defense he was taken off the field in nickel packages.[/QUOTE]

Did not know this. Go Janoris Jenkins.

Posted · Report post

Its fuggin stupid when you post your opinion and some people on here act like their on a pedestal compared to some other posters. None of yall are any bigger of a Panthers fan than me.

My bad I don't have time to get thousands of posts on here but that sure dont make me any less of a Panthers fan
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Not in the first round, but if we could get him in the second, it would be a steal. He is definitely a difference maker. And Rivera is very strict. With Beason and Anderson and possibly Davis, the leadership will be there to keep him in check. I would personally love to have that dude on the Panthers.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='GoCarolina8990']Its fuggin stupid when you post your opinion and some people on here act like their on a pedestal compared to some other posters. None of yall are any bigger of a Panthers fan than me.

My bad I don't have time to get thousands of posts on here but that sure dont make me any less of a Panthers fan[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/cry/grand/83070246-cry-gif-.gif[/IMG]
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Well if you are going to start a thread talking about taking a player in the 1st round you might want to know the basic drawbacks of said player

Posted · Report post

[quote name='GoCarolina8990']Its fuggin stupid when you post your opinion and some people on here act like their on a pedestal compared to some other posters. None of yall are any bigger of a Panthers fan than me.

My bad I don't have time to get thousands of posts on here but that sure dont make me any less of a Panthers fan[/QUOTE]

Don't worry. Seems like 80% of the people on here think they are professional scouts that spend months studying these guys. When in actuality, most of them haven't even seen youtube videos on them. Or watching youtube is all they know about them. Just ignore all the know-it-alls on here. Not worth reacting to.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='BigFurryKittyMan']Not in the first round, but if we could get him in the second, it would be a steal. He is definitely a difference maker. And Rivera is very strict. With Beason and Anderson and possibly Davis, the leadership will be there to keep him in check. I would personally love to have that dude on the Panthers.[/QUOTE]

This is what I think as well. The guy has talent, but far too risky to take in the first. I think he fits best as a 3-4 MLB and would be great for running a versitile 4-3, 3-4 hybrid defense. Hope the guy is there in the 2nd.

Posted · Report post

I believe Burfict would make for a great OLB. My only problem with him is getting in better shape.

Posted · Report post

I think he is a talented guy, but to be honest I wouldn't even want him in the second. He would be Beason's backup and we have to many holes to fill to be drafting guys that wouldn't even have a chance to compete for a starting job in the 2nd

Posted · Report post

*they're

Posted · Report post

[quote name='GoCarolina8990']Its fuggin stupid when you post your opinion and some people on here act like their on a [B]pinnacle[/B] compared to some other posters. None of yall are any bigger of a Panthers fan than me.

:cam: Fixed it for ya

Posted · Report post

I would not be against drafting him, in the least. Here's why:

1.) You can play him out of position, and Beason has experience at OLB as well. We'll find a spot for him.

2.) It is extremely rare to find players that have an unmitigated love for violence. Football, at its heart, is still a violent sport. The key is channeling that rage on the field in a constructive manner, and Rivera is perfectly suited to coach that kind of player with his background. I guarantee you Ron has done his homework on this guy: if we have the opportunity to draft him and pass, then he found red flags bigger than his emotions and coverage weaknesses.

3.) Burfict absolutely has struggles with his coverage skills, but frankly, that's understandable in the college setting, particularly in the zone coverage systems favored in the PAC-12. Their entire system is designed to play him in space and let his athleticism take over, and they probably do little in the way of actual coaching. He has shown the desire to work on things that would prevent him from reaching his goals in leaving home and doing the work necessary to pull his grades up. I would not be surprised to see the same effort in understanding the pro game.

We aren't the Panthers of old. Drafting Cam is indication enough of that. Rivera wants to find game-changing talents, and it is harder to find those on defense than it is on offense. We already experienced life with one freak athlete who didn't have an unquenchable desire for the game, and the results spoke for themselves. There's a reason you see him mocked to the Steelers and Ravens a lot : he is exactly the kind of player their defensive philosophies love. Rivera is trying to instill a similar philosophy here, where we put talent into the schemes rather than hoping that the schemes cover up for our players' deficiencies (ala Foxball.)

Posted · Report post

[quote name='fieryprophet']I would not be against drafting him, in the least. Here's why:

1.) You can play him out of position, and Beason has experience at OLB as well. We'll find a spot for him.

2.) It is extremely rare to find players that have an unmitigated love for violence. Football, at its heart, is still a violent sport. The key is channeling that rage on the field in a constructive manner, and Rivera is perfectly suited to coach that kind of player with his background. I guarantee you Ron has done his homework on this guy: if we have the opportunity to draft him and pass, then he found red flags bigger than his emotions and coverage weaknesses.

3.) Burfict absolutely has struggles with his coverage skills, but frankly, that's understandable in the college setting, particularly in the zone coverage systems favored in the PAC-12. Their entire system is designed to play him in space and let his athleticism take over, and they probably do little in the way of actual coaching. He has shown the desire to work on things that would prevent him from reaching his goals in leaving home and doing the work necessary to pull his grades up. I would not be surprised to see the same effort in understanding the pro game.

We aren't the Panthers of old. Drafting Cam is indication enough of that. Rivera wants to find game-changing talents, and it is harder to find those on defense than it is on offense. We already experienced life with one freak athlete who didn't have an unquenchable desire for the game, and the results spoke for themselves. There's a reason you see him mocked to the Steelers and Ravens a lot : he is exactly the kind of player their defensive philosophies love. Rivera is trying to instill a similar philosophy here, where we put talent into the schemes rather than hoping that the schemes cover up for our players' deficiencies (ala Foxball.)[/QUOTE]

Burfict also has on-field problems, in which he didn't listen to any of his coaches at Arizona, costing them tons of penalties because of his disregard for authority. Many scouts have said Burfict has been this way ever since highschool. And he has not yet changed.

Posted · Report post

Report: Vontaze Burfict punched ASU teammate
[url]http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/31191802[/url]

Posted · Report post

He might change in the NFL, maybe Rivera is the man to do it, but we have so many other holes I think we should address them first.

Posted · Report post

If we ran a 3-4 defense then he'd be a good pick but we already have our starting MLB

Posted · Report post

You tell em kid. If you have something to say, say it. Some will flame you. Some will just throw out some glib retort. And some will actually agree with you. Not great odds, but better than being a jags fan.

The only people you HAVE to please are your wife and yourself. Most other people have their own agenda, and if they are not interested in what you say it is no big loss.

Anyway, this guy is certifiable. Do not want. And GOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted · Report post

If you put a player on this board as "PANTHERS HAVE TO DRAFT THIS GUY BECAUSE ...." you have to ready to defend him. If you don't want any one to comment on your suggestion start a blog. If you don't want any smart ass comments... well don't even post on the internet.

Posted · Report post

Ravens are likely to take him in the 1st to be Lewis' Successor.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='mav1234']He might change in the NFL, maybe Rivera is the man to do it, but we have so many other holes I think we should address them first.[/QUOTE]

Any other position than MLB and I may be swayed into wanting him. If he is there in the 4th, I say why not. But like you said. We have way too many holes to waste a 1st or 2nd on a player who already has one foot in the loony bin.

If there is a DT out there with this guys distain towards human life. I say grab that badazz. Helll, almost any position other than MLB and I may rethink my stance.

Who am I kidding. This kid is a prison sentence waiting to happen.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='jtgreensboro']Not this poo again. [IMG]http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff390/ShaneDawg021/floydthinking.png[/IMG][/QUOTE]

[quote name='jtgreensboro'][IMG]http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/cry/grand/83070246-cry-gif-.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE]

[quote name='iamhubby']You tell em kid. If you have something to say, say it. Some will flame you. Some will just throw out some glib retort. And some will actually agree with you. Not great odds, but better than being a jags fan.

The only people you HAVE to please are your wife and yourself. Most other people have their own agenda, and if they are not interested in what you say it is no big loss.

Anyway, this guy is certifiable. Do not want. And GOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Like JT writes logical posts often. Typically it's something along the lines of "SIGN LYLE ALZADO! he's still young!`1!" or "HAHA clearly this guy sucks cause he's injured, Im so happy to tell you this!"

I often have trouble understanding where he's comin from, but then again he posts funny pictures so I give him a pass.