Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ellington and Lawson gone

17 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[url]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/basketball/ncaa/04/23/unc/index.html[/url]

I don't get the Ellington part but sounds good to me.

Posted · Report post

I do nto understand why everybody else is just reporting on the press conference and not leaving early like SI is doing, but it would make sense

Posted · Report post

I read that Ellington's family is having financial trouble...One of the reasons he was thinking of going last year as well. Wish them all the best and can't say I'm upset they are leaving.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='unicar15']I read that Ellington's family is having financial trouble...One of the reasons he was thinking of going last year as well. Wish them all the best and can't say I'm upset they are leaving.[/quote]

So, he is suffering from the Rondo Syndrome just minus the crack dealing father.....Probably should stay another year to help his status, but is looking at the bigger picture of helping family out during time of need

Posted · Report post

Lawson was expected, but I had hopes Ellington would stay. Oh well...

Posted · Report post

Well it's official now...they just made the announcement on ESPN News.

Posted · Report post

I didnt know this:

"Because both players already tested the waters following their sophomore seasons, they do not have the option of returing to school."

Posted · Report post

Two very solid careers there. You can't ask for more from those guys IMO.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='holderoftruth']I didnt know this:

"Because both players already tested the waters following their sophomore seasons, they do not have the option of returing to school."[/quote]Think the same thing happened to Buddinger at Arizona this year, too.

Posted · Report post

both obviously helped their draft stock by coming back for this year and winning a Nat Championship.

In my opinion, their stock wouldn't have gone any higher if they'd stayed another year. I wonder how long it's going to be before we hear something about UNC and John Wall.

Posted · Report post

Glad to see gone (along w/ Hansbrough and Green) But kudos on great College Basketball careers..a new generation for the Heels has begun...

Posted · Report post

And who didn't expect this? Good luck to both...They are Tar Heel legends!

Posted · Report post

So much for back to back national championships. UNC-CH will still be good next season, but they won't contend for a title.

Posted · Report post

they will contend for an NIT title

Posted · Report post

[quote name='black1605']they will contend for an NIT title[/quote]

yeah yeah heard that after the 05 title.....but yet they still finished 2nd in the ACC and beat #1 Duke on Senior Day and also still made the Tourney as a #3 seed

Carolina has more talent on their bench then a lot of teams have in their starting lineup, it's just a fact....All they do is reload since Williams took over as Head Coach

Posted · Report post

Good luck to the both of them in the NBA and the rest of their lives.

Now we have extra scholarships now, who to use them on........hmmmmmmmm