Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the Florida Marlins

6 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

are now the Miami Marlins. I just turned on to watch the spring game for the Red Sox and boy I was like who the hell are they playing? lol.
[IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/2rhmja1.jpg[/IMG]

I guess the move to Little Havana and the new ballpark they felt that they needed a new identity, but I just don't understand why. They won 2 World Series under the FLORIDA Marlins name. Just thought it odd, I didn't know they changed it. I haven't heard or seen anything about their change.

Posted · Report post

They changed their policy on opening up the checkbook too. Now they need Reyes to actually stay healthy and Ramirez to check his attitude.

Ozzie will make things interesting.

Posted · Report post

The city of Miami demanded the name change if they were going to help pay for the stadium. I, as a life long Marlin fan, am happy with the change.....they aren't the only team in Florida anymore.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Phinisher' timestamp='1334091302' post='1724757']
The city of Miami demanded the name change if they were going to help pay for the stadium. I, as a[u][i][b] life long Marlin fan[/b][/i][/u], am happy with the change.....they aren't the only team in Florida anymore.
[/quote]

?

Posted · Report post

I still wish they would have moved to Charlotte.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Epistaxis' timestamp='1334093098' post='1724812']
?
[/quote]

Born in 87, team created in 93, have rooted for them since I could remember, I moved to Charlotte from West palm Florida in late 2007