Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D-Will or Stewart trade?

127 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

"Free agent Mike Tolbert is expected to sign with Pittsburgh or Carolina, according to Union-Tribune San Diego's Kevin Acee."

No way do we sign yet another RB without having a plan for either of the ones we have. So is D-Will or Stewart on the way out? (And that would much likely be Stewart.)

Posted · Report post

I seen this earlier. I see no reason why we need Tolbert. DWill and Stew should be enough.

Posted · Report post

Interesting.

Posted · Report post

If they don't plan on resigning Stewart then it makes sense to get something for him now. But Hurney has made it clear they want to keep them both.

Posted · Report post

i wouldnt mind. and then we could see if we could trade stewart for at least a 2nd.
nothing less than that. i know that a lot of people of here would hate me for saying this but i think its time we do something with him.
it doesnt seems like stewart want to be here for a 2nd contract after we signed Dwill and if he did, he would want a contract close to Dwill.
we should try to get something when we can.
tolbert could fill nicely and he can play in the passing game also.

Posted · Report post

No way i let stew walk. I d find away to me williams dissapear first.

Posted · Report post

not sure what to think about this

Posted · Report post

convert Tolbert to LB maybe? :ph34r: [color=#ffffff]hahaha does white text even work anymore? [/color]

Posted · Report post

Trade Stewart and next years first to Cleveland to move up and draft Claiborne?? possibility.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CPF4LIFE' timestamp='1331955738' post='1691488']
Trade Stewart and next years first to Cleveland to move up and draft Claiborne?? possibility.
[/quote]
Omfg no
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

I have no logical explination for that honestly.

Posted · Report post

[yt]U0NzTCGW-tA[/yt]

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CPF4LIFE' timestamp='1331955738' post='1691488']
[/quote]

If we do that I will flip out. Dwill and a 2nd next year tops

Posted · Report post

Trade Williams before Stewart.
But I thought Tolbert was a fullback.

Posted · Report post

Well don't that just stir the pot up good?

Lets be honest, we needed a new angle for the constant D'Will-Stewart bitchfest.

Thanks Kevin.

Posted · Report post

Tolbert plays both FB/RB. He's not half bad, but something would be up if we get him.

Posted · Report post

How the hell do you guys figure we would more likely get rid of Stewart than Deangelo?

what is this? I dont even-

Posted · Report post

[quote name='megadeth078' timestamp='1331956381' post='1691523']
How the hell do you guys figure we would get rid of Stewart before Deangelo?

what is this? I dont even-
[/quote]

Well we certainly can't trade DeAngelo...no one's gonna touch that contract. Stewart on the other hand has a market.

I like Tolbert, but not if we overpay and [i]ESPECIALLY [/i]not if it means we lose Stewart. I can't imagine Stewart being third on the RB payroll.

Posted · Report post

this makes no scene

Posted · Report post

[quote name='jdpanther5' timestamp='1331956584' post='1691533']
Well we certainly can't trade DeAngelo...no one's gonna touch that contract. Stewart on the other hand has a market.

I like Tolbert, but not if we overpay and [i]ESPECIALLY [/i]not if it means we lose Stewart. I can't imagine Stewart being third on the RB payroll.
[/quote]

Dude, Stewart is our running back of the future. Dwill can get cut for all I care.

Since when do we NEED to trade either one anyways? Am I missing something?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='megadeth078' timestamp='1331956624' post='1691536']
Dude, Stewart is our running back of the future. Dwill can get cut for all I care.
[/quote]

Well that may be your thoughts but it certainly isn't happening...we made a large commitment to him and he just had a productive season, highly doubtful we just cut him for nothing. I agree Stewart is the best option for us long term, but I think the odds of him leaving the team are greater than DeAngelo's.

Posted · Report post

We use 2 RB sets. Move Brokel to the #3 TE spot, move him to FB when we need him. Then we use all 3 of our RBs in rotation. It can work...that's basically what we've been doing.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='megadeth078' timestamp='1331956624' post='1691536']

Since when do we NEED to trade either one anyways? Am I missing something?
[/quote]

Maybe you're not talking to me here, but if so, that's not what I was getting at. You just made the comment about getting rid of one over the other, so naturally a trade made the most sense as far as "getting rid" of one of them because, at this point with their levels of productivity, neither of them should just be cut outright.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='jdpanther5' timestamp='1331956778' post='1691542']
Well that may be your thoughts but it certainly isn't happening...we made a large commitment to him and he just had a productive season, highly doubtful we just cut him for nothing. I agree Stewart is the best option for us long term, but I think the odds of him leaving the team are greater than DeAngelo's.
[/quote]
My point is, if we are ever in a position where we have to get rid of one of them, the team would more likely cut Deangelo before they trade Stewart. You don't trade a 24 year old top-tier running back who hasn't peaked and is as versatile and important to our offense as Stewart in favor of keeping our 30 year old one-dimensional running back or getting draft picks.

[quote name='jdpanther5' timestamp='1331956934' post='1691545']
Maybe you're not talking to me here, but if so, that's not what I was getting at. You just made the comment about getting rid of one over the other, so naturally a trade made the most sense as far as "getting rid" of one of them because, at this point with their levels of productivity, neither of them should just be cut outright.
[/quote]

nah, not talking to you there. I just got that vibe from reading this thread.

Posted · Report post

Stewart is the future. Heck I think he's better than Williams in this offense now. If they trade Stewart I'll be pissed.