Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Titan DT Shaun Smith Released

26 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Saw this on ESPN. Anyone know anything about him? Worth a damn?

Posted · Report post

Journeyman. 7 teams since entering the league in 2003. Like to grab guys dicks during games, may have punched Brady Quinn in the face once. Promising.

Posted · Report post

Yea, he has played for:

Cowboys, Cardinals, Saints*, Bengals, Browns, Lions, Las Vegas Locomotives, Bengals again, Chiefs & Titans.

He could barely make 8 NFL practice squads and was a reserve for the LAS VEGAS LOCOMOTIVES.

So in conclusion: We should DEFINITELY pick him up! (Carolina Huddle philosophy used in this equation)

Posted · Report post

junk...not hidden gem.

been said before...guys getting cut at this point you don't want. except for the [b][u][i]RARE[/i][/u][/b]...and i mean really rare occasion, these guys weren't even worth keeping around for the first wave of cuts.

wait until the first round of cuts at least.

this ain't it.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Swaggasaurus' timestamp='1345651968' post='1867868']
Journeyman. 7 teams since entering the league in 2003. Like to grab guys dicks during games, [b]may have punched Brady Quinn in the face once[/b]. Promising.
[/quote]

Worth paying him something just for this.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

next

Posted · Report post

Is this the first of hundreds of threads where we talk about signing players cut.from other teams?

SIGN THEM ALL!!

SUPERBOWL!!!
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Never heard of him.

Do we really need a thread for every single player that comes available?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='csx' timestamp='1345654288' post='1867914']
Never heard of him.

Do we really need a thread for every single player that comes available?
[/quote]

While I'm sure most of us share your sentiment, the reality is that unfortunately this will never end.

Posted · Report post

Won the UFL championship in 2009.

Sign.

Him.

Up.

Posted · Report post

June 1st cuts? Fine, let's sign everyone in the league that gets cut. Let's see if they're worth anything, then cut them if they suck. Picking up trash at this point in the offseason isn't smart and it isn't worth it. How are you guys so confident that these scrubs are going to be better than what we already have if we don't even have time to test them out anymore? The season's about to start. We're gonna have to go in with what we got. Stop crying for each cut player.

Posted · Report post

I enjoy talking about released players. It's actual football talk. Seeing if they can bring any value to our team.
It's better than some of the other threads here

Way better than talking about what section you sit in or the parking situation. No one cares. Figure it out

Posted · Report post

pointless discussion when the player is known and known to be garbage. at the very least it's a short discussion.

do we need help via FA for a few positions? absolutely. do we need to talk about every FA that just happens to play a position of need? no. do we need to make a thread for each one? [color=#ff0000][u][i][b]NO[/b][/i][/u][/color].

sure, it's better than some of the threads and discussions in here, esp. when they turn into pissing matches, but that doesn't take away from the vast majority of these FAs aren't really worth looking at or talking about. a good measuring stick is the timing of their release.

this year if it's before next tuesday (the 28th when the first round of cuts is supposed to happen) then pass. if it's after that mark then have at it. the better group of cuts will be just a couple days after that when teams have to cut down to 53. that's when you are most likely to find the best FAs. those guys are usually ones that don't get kept because they are too weak in one area or they have too big of a cap hit.

just for future reference.

Posted · Report post

I agree better options come with the later cuts. We don't have to talk about every name. But what's better....

Possible pick up for added depth..,
Or talking about where everyone sits at the game....

Hey guys I'm going to see Dark Knight Rises...where's everyone sitting? I'm in the upper right corner. Where are you guys? My section rocks dude....

Posted · Report post

was just curious. Not every FA needs to have it's own thread but DT would be more interesting since we could probably use the help...sheesh.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Rubi' timestamp='1345656694' post='1867962']
I agree better options come with the later cuts. We don't have to talk about every name. But what's better....

Possible pick up for added depth..,
Or talking about where everyone sits at the game....
[/quote]neither...and i'll just leave it at that.

Posted · Report post

Id take a look at him and Jonathan Fanene

Posted · Report post

The funny thing is, after thread after thread about us signing someone and the OP getting ragged on, the team will sign some scrub and everyone will go, "GREAT PICK UP!".

Posted · Report post

Are we going to do this about every single guy that get's cut? If so, I'm leaving the huddle for good.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='BigFurryKittyMan' timestamp='1345665266' post='1868126']
Are we going to do this about every single guy that get's cut? If so, I'm leaving the huddle for good.
[/quote]
well now i've got a situation on my hands....

Posted · Report post

[quote name='BigFurryKittyMan' timestamp='1345665266' post='1868126']
[/quote]

Guess you might as well leave, because this sh*t been going on for years.

Posted · Report post

I've never heard of him, I'd have to look him up. Although I doubt if he's that good being such an unknown.

Posted · Report post

why did I open this thread.....
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Sign all free agents. Sign them all.

Posted · Report post

[b]"...may have punched Brady Quinn in the face once. Promising."[/b]

We have Tebow, Brees, Cutler, Vick, Romo on the schedule this year. I'd sign him now as long as he still has that right uppercut working.