Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 76 Million Dollar Man

19 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

& our super athletic QB are back home this weekend playing imo our biggest rival

Cam, now feeling great with the help of a mind coach, should be looking to shut everyone up and do some great things...that's enough on that subject...moving on....

CJ, CJ, CJ: 5 games straight with no sacks

I'll admit he does get some pressure but nothing has told me he is work even half of the contract we gave him to prevent him from going to the Falcons. He needs to start proving it.

Out of everyone on our team, these two have plenty of things to get them ready to play lights out. I'm not trying to pile on any unneccesary expectations but just pointing out they are going to be wanting to shine.

Its how you react to the adversity and assholes out there when you really do shine. Even if we simply looked improved and show that we're beyond last weeks debacle, I will be a happy camper.

I think we should keep an eye on the 76 million dollar man this weekend. D'wan, Ron, Alexander, and even Keiser have proved he has help on the line...so bottom line: he needs to start showing up in a bigger way.

Posted · Report post

He needs to have a game in which he takes it over on the defensive side of the ball.

Defensive players that make the kind of money that he is making, take over football games.

Charles Johnson hasn't done that yet.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='bigdog10' timestamp='1348497617' post='1917768']
He needs to have a game in which he takes it over on the defensive side of the ball.

Defensive players that make the kind of money that he is making, take over football games.

Charles Johnson hasn't done that yet.
[/quote]

Exactly what I was getting at

Honestly, I'm not trying to pile on the current low atm, but has CJ ever gone off and without a doubt taken over the trench war? He's had some great games but we are paying him top dollar for above average play

Posted · Report post

I'm going to make a crazy prediction here: our D-line will be terrible and opposing RBs will have a field day

Posted · Report post

What did you guys expect? He was just going to morph into JPP this year? He's the same consistent player he was last year. We just overpaid him like we always do

Posted · Report post

i thought he had a sack/fumble on Brees the other week on the play Brees picked it back up and threw it for an incompletion???

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Aceboogie88' timestamp='1348498141' post='1917777']
What did you guys expect? He was just going to morph into JPP this year? He's the same consistent player he was last year. We just overpaid him like we always do
[/quote]

Wasn't expecting an instant morph job but I'd at least like to see him step it up regardless of us overpaying (which sucks in the 1st place). We either clearly thought he could become even better than he was or were that desperate to keep the only decent part of our line from last season...so yeah, we should expect higher play.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Aceboogie88' timestamp='1348498141' post='1917777']
[/quote]

I'm not sure what you mean by instant. He has been in the league twice as long as JPP.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Thanks Hurney.

Posted · Report post

yes. thank you hurney. it feels good to know charles johnson is a panther instead of a falcon. lord knows what he would to do poor byron bell when we faced him.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='bLACKpANTHER' timestamp='1348498257' post='1917778']
i thought he had a sack/fumble on Brees the other week on the play Brees picked it back up and threw it for an incompletion???
[/quote]

I'm thinking that was Hardy, but maybe not.

Posted · Report post

But he looked so good against the Dolphins in the preseason

worst dl in football

Posted · Report post

Yea we def went after him.... I dont know why yall paid him that much tho... Dude has to get 12-14 sacks a year to be worth that..... Our GM Thomas Dimitroff said he was offering around 7.5 mil a year... Yall GM went nuts tho

Posted · Report post

Yes, he's gotten pressure but not enough, but then again, this isn't a contract year.

Posted · Report post

[IMG]http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s24/chucklee_5/charles-johnson-falcons-hat1-530x476_zps70249987.jpg[/IMG]

Posted · Report post

yea he had a forced fumble on brees not a sack though. He also had Eli down int he first quarter but the replacements called it incomplete pass and BAMF didn't challenge

Posted · Report post

Yup, CJ needs to find another gear.

Posted · Report post

$76 million... you do realise that he won't see a large portion of that right?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='carolina-chuck' timestamp='1348513480' post='1918134']
[img]http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s24/chucklee_5/charles-johnson-falcons-hat1-530x476_zps70249987.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

yea he seemed kinda mad we wasnt gonna try to match yall offer.... He and his family wanted him here in the A.... That doesnt matter tho... Dude is no doubt a good DE.... Im just glad we didnt match it... Im not happy with what Ray Edwards is giving us but giving a guy 12.5 mil a year... He needs to give me atleast 12-16 sacks a year.