Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Last horror movie that scared you

40 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Haven't watched a lot of them lately, but the first Paranormal Activity scared me a few times and that one where the little girl is evil and kills Bradley Cooper with bees was pretty scary.

Posted · Report post

Hard Candy

Posted · Report post

I thought Insidious was scary. I had night terrors as a kid so to me this movie was frightening.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Beaches
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

The Ring

It

Posted · Report post

Meat's family videos.

Posted · Report post

The UK ending to The Descent was the last scary movie I watched that I enjoyed.

Posted · Report post

Event Horizon
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

There's old-school scary and today's "scary" which is far too often confused with bloody. Make a slasher movie and theey call it scary.

For real, I saw the premier of "The Exorcist" in Hollywood in 1973. At the time, nothing had ever been done even close to that movie.

Posted · Report post

Dreamcatcher. I was afraid to take a dump for awhile.

Posted · Report post

I liked the Others and Shutter.

The Haunting in Connecticut got bad reviews but I thought it was really good.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Anybodyhome' timestamp='1351045588' post='1960486']
There's old-school scary and today's "scary" which is far too often confused with bloody. Make a slasher movie and theey call it scary.

For real, I saw the premier of "The Exorcist" in Hollywood in 1973. At the time, nothing had ever been done even close to that movie.
[/quote]

To prove your point. I STILL have not watched that film.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='XClown1986' timestamp='1351041612' post='1960403']
I thought Insidious was scary. I had night terrors as a kid so to me this movie was frightening.
[/quote]

for some reason that movie scared me too. I can't really think of any other movies that actually scared me and I watch scary movies all the time.

Posted · Report post

carpenter's the thing still gives me the heebie jeebz

Posted · Report post

[img]http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp238/lonstarr1/strangers.jpg[/img]
[b]The Strangers is very disturbing, I went out and bought a gun after watching this.[/b]

Posted · Report post

Best stuff these days seems to come out of Japan or be remade from a Japanese film (The Ring, The Grudge, Audition, etc).

Contagion was a very well-done 'plague' movie.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='pstall' timestamp='1351050070' post='1960613']
To prove your point. I STILL have not watched that film.
[/quote]

Not sure what you meant.... The Exorcist is nowhere close to a slasher movie. Only one person dies in the entire movie if I remember.

Posted · Report post

The Exorcist being a very scary movie is what I mean. I have yet to see it because it's that good. William Friedkin(sp) is one of the best.

Posted · Report post

I don't get scared so much but the last movie that really disturbed me was Chained. Vincent D'Onofrio as a very understated and even subdued serial killer. Very tense, very uncomfortable.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1989475/

Ill echo The Strangers as well. Again just a very tense movie.

I don't get freaked out over monsters or the supernatural, "normal" people doing seemingly inhumane things for inexplicable reasons? That poo freaks me out. Im not worried that some alien is going to rip my chest open, I am worried that some nutcase might break into my home and torture my family.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I'll say the first Saw, when I saw it in theaters on Halloween night. The scene where the photographer is looking around his house with only a flash bulb to light the room for a second was actually very scary for me. But that was only in the theater, because in between the flashes, the theater was literally pitch black, so you were right there with him.

But now, I usually go into a horror movie thinking it's a comedy; it pretty much defangs any scary movie. And given the crappy state of horror movies, it makes a terrible movie very watchable.

"Lol. Did you see how far his head flew? Guess he won't be in Paranormal Activity 12."

Posted · Report post

The Ring and The Strangers

Posted · Report post

Todays movies don't scare me. Startle, yes, during the movie, but for a movie to be "really scary" to me is one that freaks me out for a day or two afterwards.

The Exorcist: I'm like Pstall, I have never seen the entire movie because I know that's one that would freak me out.

Posted · Report post

I've seen The Exorcist. I get why it scares people, but I was actually kinda disappointed.

On a related note, Bravo apparently isn't showing the "100 Scariest Movie Moments" this year. Loved that show. Sucks it's not on. They usually show it every October.

Posted · Report post

does the Panthers 2012 season count?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Mr. Scot' timestamp='1351089752' post='1961107']
I've seen The Exorcist. I get why it scares people, but I was actually kinda disappointed.

On a related note, Bravo apparently isn't showing the "100 Scariest Movie Moments" this year. Loved that show. Sucks it's not on. They usually show it every October.
[/quote]

Agreed! Loved that show, and I too am disappointed it isn't being shown this year. But it's fairly easy to find online.