Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Props to Rivera

67 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I'm not sure what happened but the same players we tho were garbage now playing with fire and hunger and making plays all over the place... Tackling improved big time. I have not seen so much effort from the Panthers in over 4 years...
7 people like this

Posted · Report post

wow.

Posted · Report post

they always show up after the season is lost........
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

There is absolutley no quit to this team...
They have been playing hard all year...

The defense IS the story of this team...

This may be one one of the better defenses in the NFL right now....
I don't know how many teams have given up fewer yards over the last 4 weeks, but there can't be many...

This won't be a popular statement on this forum to say the least, but if they keep playing like this Rivera may keep his job after all.
4 people like this

Posted · Report post

I HATE TO SEE IT BUT THESE PLAYERS SEEM TO BE PLAYING HARD FOR THEIR COACH.

I guess these "who should be the next coach" threads should quit till next year.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I'm not gonna go that far, although he's the HC so so e of it goes to him.

I'd say Props to these players. 1-6 coming into today's match up, and they continue playing like they're trying to clinch home field advantage through out the playoffs. This team doesn't quit, I can tell you that, and as much as I hate to admit it, it's a reflection of the coaching.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Lol at all 3 of us posting the same thing at the same time

Posted · Report post

he and his coaching staff finally called a game the way it should be called. consistent and aggressive.

i hope they keep it up. this game was huge for everyone.

props to everyone on that team for pulling it together.

rivera did call a really good game, though. real smart game time decisions.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Not going to credit him
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I think defense improved big time... our offence is an issue. OL is terrible and we badly need another WR.

Posted · Report post

the players are learning and growing, the coaches are growing and learning.

It really is a beautiful thing to witness.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Players seem to think highly of Rivera & they always play hard for him. Rivera is a defensive mastermind & knows the game. He has struggled managing the game as a HC but you can see him learning & improving every week. Doesn't matter, though. Team could reel off 9 straight to finish 10-6 & people would still bash him.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

i still dont want him back next year
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='jackson113' timestamp='1352086868' post='1981425']
they always show up after the season is lost........
[/quote]

The season is lost when that number in the loss column exceeds 7. Until then, I will keep on keeping on. What can it hurt?

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, sinners are much more fun."

Posted · Report post

The coaches seemed to have gotten their poo together in recent weeks....but I've said before that I'm willing to give them another year
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='ggivensii' timestamp='1352087153' post='1981440']
Not going to credit him
[/quote]

Hater...

Blame the man when he did a bad job but also give him props when he did a good job. Rivera called a great game today and execution was almost perfect. I hope and wish Rivera will continue his success.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Thank JR, he's the one that put everybody in the organization on notice by firing his lapdog.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

It helps Cam if we keep the same staff, regardless of scheme. What those staff memebers have to understand is how to develop the playbook and make it the most oppertunistic for what Cam and the rest of the players on offense can do. Moreover, they need to make sure they draft guys that are going to come in and contribute to that same style. I think we're on the right track. However, we still need to do a better job of closing out games. We gave them 2 extra possessions today on a serious lack of execution. In the past thats hurt us. Today thankfully, we had enough of a lead. Not there yet, but learning.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

sad that we are only like 4 stupid coaching mistakes away from 6-2 (Falcons no man coverage with safety help over top and Sherrod Martin coming in, Seahawks cluster fug of mistakes, Cowboys full retard mode at end, and Chicago full retard mode at end)

:(

even if we take away the seahawks game and the cowboys game from the coaches the Chicago and Falcon games are inexcusable and a Madden 2002 player could have made better calls than that.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='ARSEN' timestamp='1352087385' post='1981452']

Hater...

Blame the man when he did a bad job but also give him props when he did a good job. Rivera called a great game today and execution was almost perfect. I hope and wish Rivera will continue his success.
[/quote]

I'm not a hater! But just like any evaluation of work I look for the body. Truth is this guy losses the team three out of the five losses on him i mean 6! I'm sorry he's in dog house with...me... Just enjoy your high of the win like I'm doing but fug that guy because the strongest of swords are forged in the hot tests of fires and we had the lead the majority of the time

Posted · Report post

[quote name='ARSEN' timestamp='1352087385' post='1981452']

Hater...

[/quote]

I'm not a hater! But just like any evaluation of work I look for the body. Truth is this guy losses the team three out of the five losses on him i mean 6! I'm sorry he's in dog house with...me... Just enjoy your high of the win like I'm doing but fug that guy because the strongest of swords are forged in the hot tests of fires and we had the lead the majority of the time

Posted · Report post

If RG3 wasn't so fast and athletic, the Dline woiuld have had 8-10 sacks IMO... The team is fired up... If the team has not given up, like the Bucs did to Morris last year, RR has to be doing something right....
5 people like this

Posted · Report post

Our defends has been playing better, we're still giving up to many completion's because of zone coverage, but we are better.

Posted · Report post

I'm not going to call his job saved after one game or even say I'm optimistic, but credit where it's due. This game was called well, planned well, and the players were prepared to play it. If they keep playing with some intensity every week and the playcalling doesn't regress he may earn himself a year under the new GM to see what he can do.

But don't you think for a moment that if a hot GM candidate agrees to come here on the condition that he be allowed to replace the coach this staff won't be shown the door....no matter what they do for the rest of the year.

Posted · Report post

The organization may be doing itself a disservice by not giving Rivera another year. The defense is obviously moving in the right direction. The D-line is playing with purpose, and the backfield is laying the wood. We effectively shut down Bob3 today, and limited the NFL's third leading rusher. Let's go!
2 people like this