Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Sunday schedule just got a bit more flexible...

113 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

After church yesterday my wife asked me if I wanted to go to the mountains for the day. I told her that I would like to watch the Panthers game at 1pm, that John Fox was returning, Peyton Manning, etc...

So there she sat cheering alongside me...

Well after watching that debacle I am no longer going out of my way to watch the Panthers this year.

What has this team done to earn 4 hours of my life every Sunday for the next 6 weeks?

Anyone want to go apple picking next Sunday? Maybe I play 18. Maybe rake those damn leaves.
6 people like this

Posted · Report post

i'll definitely be going to as much church as possible on sundays fom now on...because watching the panthers is a sin.
7 people like this

Posted · Report post

I have to take the girlfriend out and her dad today. He is a Vet, God bless his soul.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I'll still watch. Maybe not every second of every play but it will be on. I'll probably go to another couple of games too, now that tix will be free or close to it for the rest of the season.

Posted · Report post

The team doesn't excite me at all anymore. Still, I continue watching hoping there will be some drastic change. It's kind of like following politics in America. You sort of accept nearly every politician is a liar supporting the same extreme ideologies, but you read the articles anyway hoping there will be some small glimmer of hope.

At least I know the Panthers will improve before the USA has decent and honest politicians since that most likely won't happen in my lifetime.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I think Ive been coming to this same conclusion for a couple of years. This year has just really driven home the point.

I traded maybe the last 70 degree day of the year in my kayak for 4 hours of boredom an frustration.

And the really bad thing was I didnt expect them to win, I just expected then to look better than a division II high school team. Yesterday we looked like the team Spurrier was talking about when he said that 'Bama could beat an NFL team.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I left at half time to go to the Y. Laughed when I got there and Dever had ran up the score even more. Up until then I hadn't missed a snap this year.

Posted · Report post

I play flag football every Sunday morning. Past few weeks I have left between the first and second game to rush home, shower, and make it to the bar in time for the game.

I'm playing in the second game for the rest of this year at least.

Posted · Report post

shut up.

you will watch the panthers and you will like it.

Posted · Report post

Already sold remaining games, and the honey-do list is going to be finished on Sundays now.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panthro' timestamp='1352730761' post='1995771']
After church yesterday my wife asked me if I wanted to go to the mountains for the day. I told her that I would like to watch the Panthers game at 1pm, that John Fox was returning, Peyton Manning, etc...

So there she sat cheering alongside me...

Well after watching that debacle I am no longer going out of my way to watch the Panthers this year.

What has this team done to earn 4 hours of my life every Sunday for the next 6 weeks?

Anyone want to go apple picking next Sunday? Maybe I play 18. Maybe rake those damn leaves.
[/quote]that's kind of been the story for the last few weeks for me.

my wife has been patient. she won't have to be anymore. not this season.

last year i thought that even if we do lose,it's going to be fun watching cam and this offense each week.

thanks chud for taking even that simple joy away.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

at least watching keek destroy running backs gives me a few minutes of pleasure :(
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='GambrinousPanther' timestamp='1352730945' post='1995774']
I will watch my Panthers regardless.
[/quote]
And Jerry Richardson knows this as that is his business model.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

yeah, the defense has been fun to watch....but not enough to warrant the frustration of watching this crap every week.

in 2010 i could watch at most one half of the game before i just had to walk away or go take a nap.

not sure i could even manage that just because of how much potential there is on this offense, esp. with cam. it's just way too frustrating.

Posted · Report post

I dont consider myself a fair weather fan but about 1/2 way through the 2nd quarter I decided to turn the tv off and go out to the shop and work on some projects and half listen on the radio. I wasnt disappointed in the decision.

Posted · Report post

Have to agree. Watching this team is not fun or enjoyable anymore. I wasted a gorgeous Sunday afternoon, that could've been enjoyed in a multitude of ways. I will not do it again. I will utilize my DVR, and if any remaining game(s) are worthy of my attention, then they will be viewed at a convenient time. They are still my team, and will remain my team, but the attention offered to them will be greatly reduced. I feel numb, and embarassed as a fan.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

My touring schedule makes it almost impossible for me to watch another game this year except the Monday night game against the Eagles (the most interesting game left on the schedule in my opinion...)

I'm just pissed I wasted $300 on NFL Sunday Ticket for this garbage.

Posted · Report post

I've been thinking about not even bothering to watch the Panthers play as well. But then I think the day I don't watch will be the day that they decide to lay 50 on someone with a shut out as well. Then I'll be pissed i didn't watch it.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panthro' timestamp='1352730761' post='1995771']
Maybe I play 18.
[/quote]
Yeah, I missed the best golf weather of the year for this garbage. I'm definitely going on DVR delay for the remainder of the season.

Posted · Report post

My friend asked me if I wanted to go throw the football yesterday during the game. Normally I would have give him the "are you f'in kidding me look?" For some reason I didn't mind missing most of the fourth quarter, first time I have purposefully not watched the Panthers in over 8 years- yep even through the Clausen season.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panther17' timestamp='1352732825' post='1995835']
I've been thinking about not even bothering to watch the Panthers play as well. But then I think the day I don't watch will be the day that they decide to lay 50 on someone with a shut out as well. Then I'll be pissed i didn't watch it.
[/quote]

Your DVR is your friend.

My dad DVRs all of the games and watches them later. Good competitive game? He can watch it in 1.5 hours when he can skip all of the stoppages. We poo the bed? He can delete it.

Posted · Report post

bunch of fairweathers
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

more to life than panthers football.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='rayzor' timestamp='1352733551' post='1995862']
more to life than panthers football.
[/quote]

Like what?
1 person likes this