Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fastest Panthers According to LaFell

37 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Was listening to Mac on 610AM this morning and LaFell was on. I didn't get to hear a lot of it, but he was asked who were the fastest players on the team.

His response: Colin Jones, David Gettis, or Armond Smith

Two things...Go white boy! Also, if David Gettis is seen in his eyes as currently the fastest on the team...GET HIM IN THE GAME!!! 6'3" 220 We need a spark on offense. I know it's been mentioned ad nauseam, but I just found this very interesting after his injury.

[img]http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/468/318/106063993_display_image.jpg?1288122975[/img]
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Really surprised they didn't take Armond Smith under the WR, and use him in dual situations.

Posted · Report post

I don't know what Gettis did to piss off Rivera, but he seemed hell bent on keeping him out of the game Sunday.

Posted · Report post

Shut up and let Rivera do his magic :)
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Steve Smith said either last year or the year before that Gettis is by far the fast guy on the team

Posted · Report post

I knew Colin was fast, he's always first down to cover kicks and punts by a good margin, even faster when shoved from behind.

I was surprised to see AE get reps over Gettis this past week, hope we don't see that again this week.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Jackofalltrades' timestamp='1352854089' post='1998684']
I knew Colin was fast, he's always first down to cover kicks and punts by a good margin, even faster when shoved from behind.

I was surprised to see AE get reps over Gettis this past week, hope we don't see that again this week.
[/quote]

No doubt, we had a pass go right through his hands into an interception, all the while gettis is standing there, i personally think he makes those catches, but if anything he's an actual receiver, let him play the role... and him being so fast is also a plus for those long routes because he could possibly get open faster

Posted · Report post

There's a problem when a white guy is the fastest player on your team. From now on draft nothing but sub 4.2 track stars.

Posted · Report post

I know Colin Jones is fast bc he is 94 speed in Madden..#datruth!
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Gettis, Adams. What did they do? For real, I'd like to know. Murph has done nothing since he came here, the season is tanked, why not let Gettis get back to form and let Adams learn to field a punt?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Argus Plexus' timestamp='1352857046' post='1998750']
Gettis, Adams. What did they do? For real, I'd like to know. Murph has done nothing since he came here, the season is tanked, why not let Gettis get back to form and let Adams learn to field a punt?
[/quote]

Coaches are idiots that's why

Posted · Report post

[/quote]

It's a process. They're still growing. Once they flash, they'll get on the field.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[/quote]

They must really suck in practice.

Posted · Report post

Coulda sworn it was Armanti Edwards the way he showed is breakaway speed against....

... oh, nevermind, he blew a 10 yard head start....
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='TANTRIC-NINJA' timestamp='1352856673' post='1998738']
I know Colin Jones is fast bc he is 94 speed in Madden..#datruth!
[/quote]

I always start him over Martin and Naki lol

Posted · Report post

Yeah if the fastest guy on your team is 6'3 220 he needs to play. I never saw a problem with Gettis' hands either. The guy had 500 yards receiving with JIMMY FREAKIN CLAUSEN and Matt Moore as his QBs. Rivera needs to go...just another reason on a very long list.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Marguide' timestamp='1352857763' post='1998773']
[size=6][b]Once they flash, they'll get on the field.[/b][/size]
[/quote]

If RR even lets them D:

Posted · Report post

Gettis and Adams need to be on the field. Chico magic is not working.

Posted · Report post

Gettis will probably play but he isn't exactly a fantastic WR. Have little faith in him on the field.

Posted · Report post

And Armanti and Murphy are 'fantastic' receivers??

Posted · Report post

Armanti caught everything thrown close enough to him Sunday. Have no faith in Murphy.
Thought the subject was Gettis. You rather have a pissing contest instead I see.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam' timestamp='1352905677' post='1999293']
honestly thought Cam's name could pop up in here
[/quote]

Cam is super fast for his size and position, but shouldn't be the fastest guy on a team.

Posted · Report post

Cam [i]looks [/i]a little slow when he's moving, until you realize he's running 5 yards a stride
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='unicar15' timestamp='1352861929' post='1998853']
Yeah if the fastest guy on your team is 6'3 220 he needs to play. I never saw a problem with Gettis' hands either. The guy had 500 yards receiving with JIMMY FREAKIN CLAUSEN and Matt Moore as his QBs. Rivera needs to go...just another reason on a very long list.
[/quote]

Rivera does not know the Mr Miyagi techique to heal broken legs... Or was Gettis healed all season? He has been out for 100% or Riveras tenure I kinda understand slowly bringing him back.