Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gil Brandt ranks Cam 7th best QB under 30

98 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote]7) Cam Newton, 23, Carolina Panthers

If Newton always played like he did in the latter half of 2012, he would move up this list. I wish he would demonstrate more involvement in the game when he's on the sideline between series. His arm strength and athleticism give him unlimited potential.[/quote]

[url="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000130600/article/joe-flacco-matt-ryan-among-top-quarterbacks-under-30"]http://www.nfl.com/n...rbacks-under-30[/url]

Yes, he brings up the sideline poo AGAIN.

Posted · Report post

Can't argue with the "more involvement" thing.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='LiQuiD' timestamp='1359061979' post='2113421']
Can't argue with the "more involvement" thing.
[/quote]
Actually, you can. Cam has been seen talking to Steve after miscues etc on the sideline, this media bullshit needs to stop. And our fans need to stop being fuging sheep and think everything the media tells them is true.
5 people like this

Posted · Report post

Outside of Luck and Kaep, it is about what I'd rank it right now. I'd have Newton over Wilson but you can go back and forth on those two. Going ahead, as in who I'd want, I'd rather Newton over Flacco and Ryan but as of NOW, both deserve to be ranked over him.

Posted · Report post

Not to mad about cam's placement besides the fact that only reason he's faulting him is because of his "sideline crap" but that list is poo.

Posted · Report post

so what..thats all you guys do everyday is go get what a writer writes about newton...so what????

no one cares. what is newton supposed to get mad ...lol what a joke.
4 people like this

Posted · Report post

Kaepernick hasn't even started a full fuging season.

Posted · Report post

And how do you rank Matt Ryan higher than Flacco, when Flacco has had more success in the regular season?

Posted · Report post

I am just going to make a forum for insecure butt hurt fans that piss themselves when someone doesn't say cam is the greatest of all time.
6 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Zod' timestamp='1359062409' post='2113439']
I am just going to make a forum for insecure butt hurt fans that piss themselves when someone doesn't say cam is the greatest of all time.
[/quote]
And the Panthers forum would still be utter poo.

Posted · Report post

[/quote]

You already did.
4 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='jtgreensboro' timestamp='1359061919' post='2113419']
[url="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000130600/article/joe-flacco-matt-ryan-among-top-quarterbacks-under-30"]http://www.nfl.com/n...rbacks-under-30[/url]

Yes, he brings up the sideline poo AGAIN.
[/quote]

I guess Gil didn't get the memo on the Early Season Chud-Offense Fiasco, huh? LOL

I respect him on many things NFL, and even Cam. However, he doesn't appear to have followed the team and is just winging it for this piece (that's why he left it open, regarding Cam's "unlimited potential", as if Kaepernick and Luck aren't any more raw than Cam right now), with his comments. LOL. Cam has always been active on the sidelines, especially lately, regardless of what and when the media said it. That was a manufactured issue. I'm surprised so many Panther fans--even fall for that.

Now if he's limiting Cam from what he didn't do during the second half of the 2012 season (and totally ignoring what he did during his first season), then how the hell does he have Kaepernick (a guy that's only started 9 games), and even Luck--a rookie ranked higher!? Such a small sample size. I'm sure this list is very fluid and subject to change, but still. Come on Gil.

Makes no sense. But it's all good. I guess, the better way to look at it is: Cam would have been higher on the list, if he didn't have such a poor start (thanks Chud), and if the media started showing him talking to his teammates and coaches more, which he does. SMH/LOL. To each is own.

Posted · Report post

gil brandt has been one of cam's biggest supporters, esp. prior to the draft.

i don't like the list and don't think it matters, but there's been some things that cam needed to change about the way he handles himself that hopefully was later in the season.

he had his issues last year for sure, not the whole season but definitely the first half.

if the team starts winning, he'll climb up those lists that people apparently put so much stock in. until the team can figure out how to do it consistently and find their way into the playoffs, he'll stay right about where he is.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I've pretty much given up on the media. The bottom line is they don't have the time or desire to dig into film and fully evaluate the players so they look at stats and winning percentage and maybe one or two games. You can't possibly expect them to know as much about Cam as we do. If Cam can keep improving and start winning he will get his credit. Some of those QBs will have "Sophmore slumps" and be tossed out with the trash, this is how the media works.

Posted · Report post

I love those polls.
1. pocket passer
2. pocket passer
3. pocket passer
32. lump all hybrid QBs here. They're lucky to make my 'special' list.

And of course, Luck is the greatest because if this were his 5th year he'd be great right now. Did I mention he's gonna be great.

Posted · Report post

Meh, we know how the media is by now.

I did lol at the part about Matt Ryan's INT not being his fault and downplaying his fumble in the NFCG.

Joe Flacco being ranked lower than Matt Ryan with his lone playoff victory is downright criminal.

Posted · Report post

Biggest problem I have with the list is Luck.

Yes he was asked to do more than the other rookie QBs, but he still didn't do it as well as they did!

Kaepernick also too high based on one amazing game against an unprepared team and a falcons choke.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='BigSyke' timestamp='1359062155' post='2113430']
so what..thats all you guys do everyday is go get what a writer writes about newton...so what????

no one cares. what is newton supposed to get mad ...lol what a joke.
[/quote]

THIS!!!!!!!!!

Every day someone comes in here to whine that someone is being mean to Cam. It's insanity.

Posted · Report post

Nothing wrong with people offering their opinion--agreeing, disagreeing with writers and/or standing up for Cam. That's what this website is about.

Fan's SHOULD BE passionate about Cam. He's a great young QB who plays for the Panthers.

The bigger issue and more embarrassing part, would be if Cam sucked, didn't play so well and didn't have such a bright future, but Huddler's would blindly and passionately defend him anyway. That would be the problem. And until proven otherwise, that is currently [happily] not the case. LOL

Posted · Report post

Ryan over Flacco is criminal. All of the rest of them over Cam is ridiculous. Matt Ryan is just a slightly better version of Chad Pennington.

Posted · Report post

I know plenty of people who watch only Panther games, and go to them as well. They are not football fans, just panther fans, and they complain about Cam's sideline tantrums and immaturity. For one example, the fumble he lost in the endzone that a teamate bailed him out on, he goes on to pout about it and smitty calls him out. I tend to think Smitty has the right idea and Cam fans do not. Cam does not keep his emotions in check which is good when we're winning but the point is, that is rare. He needs to mature he DOES have issues, it's stupid to compare him to other QBs because he still needs to prove himself to his teamates and his team and still needs to win their support, and well he isn't those QBs and if he can come off as an aarogant QB to people who really only watch the Panthers and no media, it's pretty clear he has an issue.

Cam is not perfect guys and one of his biggest issue is his percieved attitude, whether he is or isn't doesn't matter, it's what is being percieved.

Posted · Report post

[/quote]

please fuging do. im sick and tired of this shitposting. if the media doesn't sing a mighty chorus from the rooftops about sucking cams dick, our fans flip poo.

at the very least, make a sticky at the top of this forum, titled "Cam media 'hate' goes here". There they can valiantly defend a guy who makes millions throwing a ball around from would be attackers all they want.

honstly people, do you think cam gives as much of a poo as you do? he's fuging every women on site at auburn right now, and you all are getting pissy over sports media. just fuging ignore it, for fugs sake.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Lumps' timestamp='1359076214' post='2113708']
I know plenty of people who watch only Panther games, and go to them as well. They are not football fans, just panther fans, and they complain about Cam's sideline tantrums and immaturity. For one example, [b]the fumble he lost in the endzone that a teamate bailed him out on[/b], he goes on to pout about it and smitty calls him out. I tend to think Smitty has the right idea and Cam fans do not. Cam does not keep his emotions in check which is good when we're winning but the point is, that is rare. He needs to mature he DOES have issues, it's stupid to compare him to other QBs because he still needs to prove himself to his teamates and his team and still needs to win their support, and well he isn't those QBs and if he can come off as an aarogant QB to people who really only watch the Panthers and no media, it's pretty clear he has an issue.

Cam is not perfect guys and one of his biggest issue is his percieved attitude, whether he is or isn't doesn't matter, it's what is being percieved.
[/quote]

You wanna know what? I saw RG3 do the same fuging thing vs the Giants game he lost the fumble and went back to the sideline without congratulating the player who recovered it. Don't give me that bullshit, Cam didn't go back to the sideline and "pout" he went to the sideline and review the plays with Shula, Smith called him out after the GIANTS game, we were playing the bears when he fumbled.

And guess what? Gross says Cam listens to everything they tell him, he listened to the advice Delhomme had to give him. Cam going back into the game after severely spraining his ankle, is what I call being a "leader". Maybe he doesn't do it the way people want him to do it, but he earns the respect of his teammates.

Posted · Report post

Matt Ryan number two again lololololol (Seriously I feel like Flacco has out preformed him and deserves that spot)
[img]http://cdn1.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/6954593/colinchoochoo.0_standard_730.0.gif[/img]

Posted · Report post

Everything the media tells me is true!!!!!1!1!1!1!1!!!!1