Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vernon Davis Insults Steve Smith

76 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CRA' timestamp='1359146993' post='2114590']
He was a diva...still is to a degree.

Difference is today he will stand in front of a camera and talk about how mature he is and grown (sounding awesome).....the following week he will go trash talk Cam and complain to the media, then not control his emotions in a game taking himself virtually out of plays, etc. Still the same ticking time bomb.

Good dude away from the game. Smith has proven time and time again.....if you put him in a competitive enviroment it tend to bring out his negative qualities.
[/quote]

That has nothing to do with what Vernon is talking about. Steve aint never holdout, or cry over getting the ball. We ran the ball, it was what it was
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CRA' timestamp='1359139011' post='2114441']

let's be real....Steve Smith is lucky he played the bulk of his career with a class act like Jake as his QB. Kept issues from being bigger issues.

in the meantime,

Smith has punched 3 teammates
to date, still has problems controlling his on field emotions
Still will pout on the field or go to media if he isn't happy.

Diva. He may be our diva.....but he is one.
[/quote]

You're being to hard on 89. Sure he fought multiple times but he plays with a chip on his shoulder. And he's always the last one standing up even though he's the smallest.

He's no DIVA!! He's not even half way near CJ or T.O. He barely goes to the media. He pouts here and there but at the end of the day he knows his QB. Go back and look how he reacted to Jake during Jake's pathetic debacle game vs Pilly in the season opening back in 09'.

He's never going to cry or goes off if he doesn't get the ball. The only time Ive ever seen 89 goes off on game days was back in 10' when Clausen was so damn badd. 89 always had a great relationship with Delhomme, even with Vinny, and still now Cam. 89 only went off on Cam once and lets say that is a blessing in disguise that needed to happen for the better of Cam.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

this is what i was talking about with CRA in the lounge a while back, guys.

Posted · Report post

I'm not sure he's "being too hard on 89".

Actually only in the Carolinas would "punching three teammates" be taken so lightly.

I think it was worse than that. He basically put 3 [u][b]teammates[/b][/u] OUT OF FOOTBALL, ending their careers.

That's a little more than "having passion".

Posted · Report post

I cant believe this jack wagon!!! There's 10 other tight ends I'd take before him. If he didn't run a 4.3 he wouldn't have went first round. he has brick hands and can only run one route! smh

Posted · Report post

with all the passing in the league today.......... I guess the diva RB is just around the corner.

Posted · Report post

isn't vernon davis that gay guy that does all the stupid gay art and thinks he's so much better than everybody else?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Firefox' timestamp='1359149771' post='2114649']
I'm not sure he's "being too hard on 89".

Actually only in the Carolinas would "punching three teammates" be taken so lightly.

I think it was worse than that. He basically put 3 [u][b]teammates[/b][/u] OUT OF FOOTBALL, ending their careers.

That's a little more than "having passion".
[/quote]

This

But but but he only sucker punches people bc he is passionate.....that is lame. He does it for the same reason he took himself out of the Seattle game in huge chunks fighting with a CB.

Smith is so good you put up with his garbage. Steve Smith himself will tell you there are guys in his own lockerroom that have said enough is enough and to this day won't forgive him......

He is what he is.....the spin is silly. Trying to claim I am some Smith hater is comical. I am just not a fanboy who refuses to not see the good and bad. Smith deserves more crap than he has recieved....in a football context

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Growl' timestamp='1359149470' post='2114643']
this is what i was talking about with CRA in the lounge a while back, guys.
[/quote]
What would that be

Posted · Report post

The guy is the only legit receiver to play here since Moose left. Doesn't seem like Moose had a problem with him.

Posted · Report post

Maybe he should have been busy looking up to great TE players, instead of great WR's. WR's, or a least good ones have to have that kind of attitude.

Posted · Report post

Steve Smith to Vernon Davis

[img]https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/552485_336907216413604_583160934_n.jpg[/img]
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

fug it, put us in the NFC West.

Posted · Report post

No insult. Nothing to see here.

Posted · Report post

The guy is giving excuses why he did not get the ball thrown to him.To me its a reflection on him sucking more than Smitty. What kind of receiver does not want the ball?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CRA' timestamp='1359133592' post='2114335']
I think Vernon Davis simply was saying the new ideal WR is someone who acts like Megatron. There are more and more of them each year.

Steve Smith is in fact, from a much more demanding and problematic era of WR.
[/quote]
agree. Smith seems to pout when Cam misfire sometimes. That's the last thing a young QB needs.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Frizzy350' timestamp='1359136702' post='2114390']
Now Smith is doing the exact opposite by fumbling at horribly inopportune times, falling down on timing routes and challenging defensive backs to wrestling matches in Smitty's "Rage Cage".

Don't get me wrong I still love Smitty and he's still the greatest Panther of all time, I just wish he would set a better example for others.
[/quote]
Is it me or does Smtih seems to fall on routes more than other receivers?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='h0llywood' timestamp='1359132604' post='2114310']
[url="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000130780/article/vernon-davis-im-no-longer-a-cancer-on-49ers-squad"]http://www.nfl.com/n...-on-49ers-squad[/url]

Davis discussing being a "cancer" should have never, ever used #89 as an example. You just don't name drop other current players. Period.
[/quote]

The question I want to know is, how was Vernon Davis a "cancer" to his team?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='footballisasport' timestamp='1359215556' post='2115220']

The question I want to know is, how was Vernon Davis a "cancer" to his team?
[/quote]

That's a question you have to ask the horse. He referred to himself as "cancer" in the article.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='lightsout' timestamp='1359169327' post='2114953']
fug it, put us in the NFC West.
[/quote]

5 years ago this would have been a legit comment....today and you'd be fighting with the cards for last place for the next few years

Posted · Report post

maybe

who cares

Posted · Report post

so is he saying that smith is reason that newton is not in the superbowl like he is with kap...lol

Posted · Report post

[quote name='lightsout' timestamp='1359169327' post='2114953']
fug it, put us back in the NFC West.
[/quote]ftfy

Posted · Report post

Say what you want, defend or detract, it doesn't really matter. I will not take the time out of my day to try to explain the enigma that is Steve Smith. Without question or even competition he is the greatest player to ever wear a Panthers Jersey.

I, am a football fan, then a Carolina Panthers fan, and then a Steve Smith fan. I love his fire, his edge [i]and[/i] his temper. Without them he would be just a guy.

So for all the reasons people want to bag on the man, if he weren't [b]built[/b] that way, if he didn't [b]act[/b] that way, and especially if he didn't [b]play[/b] that way, most of us wouldn't even know his name.

Even with the "punches" he's thrown, I can't stand to think of a Panther's team that doesn't have 89 on the field. I for one will gladly, excitedly, thankfully, and un-apologetically take Steve Smith every single day of the week and 52 times on Sunday.

That is all