Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Obama: "If I had a son, I wouldnt let him play football"

203 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

If I had a son, I wouln't let him become a liberal democrat...
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

^ If i had a son, I would let him decide for himself. Since it's America and all and not Nazi Germany
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I make my sons put ketchup AND mustard on their tater tots.

Posted · Report post

If I had a son I would make him put ketchup on his eggs. and Texas Pete on everything because that is motherfuging America

Posted · Report post

Play rugby

Posted · Report post

[quote name='carpantherfan84' timestamp='1359422898' post='2117569']
Im a huge President Obama supporter, but that poo is FUNNY!!!
[/quote]

Yeah, one is a righty and one is a lefty, yet you see the same side of their body from the same camera angle.

[img]http://imageshack.us/a/img690/8021/obamapuss.jpg[/img]

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Zod' timestamp='1359373933' post='2116752']
Steve Smith has his kid in Soccer.
[/quote]
His son also played football. Played for the Carmel cats with my youngest brother.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panthro' timestamp='1359429268' post='2117712']
Play rugby
[/quote]

Kinda funny that a sport almost as violent as football has significantly fewer head injuries because instead of giving the player more pads and harder helmets, they gave them nothing

Posted · Report post

[quote name='thatlookseasy' timestamp='1359467390' post='2117943']
Kinda funny that a sport almost as violent as football has significantly fewer head injuries because instead of giving the player more pads and harder helmets, they gave them nothing
[/quote]Yep.

You get hit when you have the ball. That is it. The only times I had my bell rung was when I had the ball and I knew it was coming. In football I was chopped blocked and guys would go for my knees on every play. Thankfully nothing happened to me.

In rugby there isnt any chop blocking or any blocking, clipping, no high tackling (well there is but it is illegal). It also revolves around possession and not yards gained. I would rather give you 4-5 yards if I could put you in a position that might give my team the ball back.

When we looked for guys to play wrestlers always made better players than ex football players. It was easier to teach a kid to tackle properly with a one or two legged take down than a kid who wants to run up and clobber someone. (there's technique to tackling in rugby. If you come in to tackle me football style I can still pass the ball etc)

If you want to smash into someone you can but it's going to hurt you as well. There are no pads that turn my shoulder into a weapon it's just my shoulder.

Posted · Report post

People are evaluating the safety of playing football now based on the health of men who played in an era before concussions were taken seriously...

Posted · Report post

This thread is good for a few laughs.

Posted · Report post

what about daughters? would we all allow our daughters to play football?

Posted · Report post

[img]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg204/flagsrblack/bush-abdullah-holding-hands.jpg[/img]

Manly Man

[IMG]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/jasonrorie/cheerleader.jpg[/IMG]

or Girly Man

Posted · Report post

Who cares what this guy thinks? He isn't even a real man...he only has daughters.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='ButWhysTheRumGone' timestamp='1359425333' post='2117647']
If I had a son I would make him put ketchup on his eggs. and Texas Pete on everything because that is motherfuging America
[/quote]

No lie, ketchup on eggs is probably one of my favorite things in life. That poo is just good. If somebody doesn't like ketchup on eggs, they can giiiit out.

Posted · Report post

I wouldn't let Obama's son play football either.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Firefox' timestamp='1359429416' post='2117714']
Yeah, one is a righty and one is a lefty, yet you see the same side of their body from the same camera angle.

[img]http://imageshack.us/a/img690/8021/obamapuss.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

so is your avatar a picture of your face on november 7 2012
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='I Registered To Post This' timestamp='1359516607' post='2118719']

so is your avatar a picture of your face on november 7 2012
[/quote]

Wait, firefox is black? ;)

Posted · Report post

[quote name='ButWhysTheRumGone' timestamp='1359425055' post='2117639']
^ If i had a son, I would let him decide for himself. Since it's America and all and not Nazi Germany
[/quote]
Said like a true Nazi liberal. I will raise my child the way I see fit, not the way someone else implies I should.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CatMan72' timestamp='1359500987' post='2118502']
People are evaluating the safety of playing football now based on the health of men who played in an era before concussions were taken seriously...
[/quote]

Valid point. Add in that the speed and power involved at the professional level is infinitely higher than what you'd see in youth football.

That, plus I expect most people's perspective on how many people become seriously injured playing football is probably a little skewed. Stories about famous players suffering brain traumas get loads of news coverage. But for every one of those guys, how many others are there who played for years with no such lingering effects?

Bottom line for me? If I had a son who wanted to play, I'd let him. Mind you, I'd also make sure he knew exactly what to expect once he hit the field.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Jump Zone' timestamp='1359522148' post='2118799']

Said like a true Nazi liberal. I will raise my child the way I see fit, not the way someone else implies I should.
[/quote]

Considering parts of my family lived and died in the Holocaust. And my father is a raging conserverative and my mother a liberal. And me being moderate. You can go fug yourself. Options is what makes America great dipshit. We are a collective voice of differing opinions. But i guess im a liberal if i dont agree with you. Having a choice is American.

Posted · Report post

"i'd like to let my son choose whether or not he wants to play football"

-ADOLF HITLER

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Jump Zone' timestamp='1359522148' post='2118799']
[/quote]

You've effectively demonstrated that regurgitating radical rhetoric is the extent of your knowledge on both liberal and nazi ideology, whilst simultaneously disrespecting those families that were affected by [i]real [/i]nazis. Nice. Take some night classes or something.

Still don't understand why this is such a huge thread. Who cares how the POTUS wants to raise is kid?

Posted · Report post

Nice, all of this for misleading thread title. "I'm a big football fan, but I have to tell you, if I had a son, I'd have to think long and hard before I let him play football," Obama said. I am glad to find out how some people really feel about our president, politics, and who was too lazy to do some of their own damn research.

[url="http://www.wralsportsfan.com/nfl-players-react-to-obama-s-opinions-on-football/12036479/"]http://www.wralsportsfan.com/nfl-players-react-to-obama-s-opinions-on-football/12036479/[/url]
[url="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20130129/fbn-super-bowl-obama/?utm_hp_ref=green&ir=green"]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20130129/fbn-super-bowl-obama/?utm_hp_ref=green&ir=green[/url]

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Coheed' timestamp='1359565736' post='2119089']

You've effectively demonstrated that regurgitating radical rhetoric is the extent of your knowledge on both liberal and nazi ideology, whilst simultaneously disrespecting those families that were affected by [i]real [/i]nazis. Nice. Take some night classes or something.

Still don't understand why this is such a huge thread. Who cares how the POTUS wants to raise is kid?
[/quote]

well you see, how people want to raise their kids is nobody's business but their own.

except for pussy gun-grabber barack hussein "kill grandma with communist healthcare by throwing her down a flight of stairs" obummer. then it's everybody's business.