Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YAY NC Tea Party!

107 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

First of all I want to say that I feel for the lady because she is obviously nervous, but in this video you get to the gist of the Tea Party movement which is revisionist history (she knows that Lincoln was a Republican but has no clue what the southern strategy was/is; not to mention to comparing the Tea Party to the Sons of Liberty) and oozing with white entitlement (selling "your" principles to help other ethnic groups).

She can't answer questions about who they are taking the country back from, and doesn't know exactly what time period they want to take the country back to (the 60's were good to her, but I wonder if African Americans would agree that the 60's were so swell).

When you wonder what is destroying the Republican party, just come back and watch this video.

[yt]HdeHQ0uR3xc[/yt]

Posted · Report post

bait

Posted · Report post

God 20 seconds in she sounded like she decided to go full retard.

Posted · Report post

LOL that video has nothing on this one:

[yt][media]PGfCX9sJqqc[/media][/yt]

Until the Republicans purge people like the rabid segregationist and the people who applauded him from their ranks (which might prove impossible because so much of their base are essentially dixie-crats) they risk oblivion as a party.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Hoplomachus' timestamp='1363460557' post='2164719']
LOL that video has nothing on this one:

[yt][media]PGfCX9sJqqc[/media][/yt]

Until the Republicans purge people like the rabid segregationist and the people who applauded him from their ranks (which might prove impossible because so much of their base are essentially dixie-crats) they risk oblivion as a party.
[/quote]

Sigh...

Posted · Report post

"i like educating people, that's why i'm doing this"

best line evar

Posted · Report post

some of those monologues sounded downright michael scott-esque

Posted · Report post

Is this where we post outrageous anecdotal evidence and then extrapolate that to the majority? Was wondering when we'd get back on track

Posted · Report post

state tea party leader and speaker demonstrably has no fuging clue what she's talking about and yet represents a massive voting bloc

"anecdotal evidence"

Posted · Report post

[quote name='PhillyB' timestamp='1363507291' post='2165259']
state tea party leader and speaker demonstrably has no fuging clue what she's talking about and yet represents a massive voting bloc

"anecdotal evidence"
[/quote]

LOL. The hammer of truth strikes again. Why these people are unable to admit that their party has been hi-jacked is beyond me. If they succeeded in eliminating the influence of Christian extremists who seem so obsessed with women's bodies and the idiot racists maybe more people would give some thought to what they had to say.

I look forward to watching their party die :) .

Posted · Report post

Using that logic, how did the Democratic Party seem to survive Robert Byrd?

Posted · Report post

He was one guy in a district full of uneducated people suspicious of outsiders.

He would have made a great Tea Party leader, but back when he first ran for office, Dems were just as racist and stupid as Republicans.

Posted · Report post

I think everyone realizes the Democratic party has some pretty systemic racism that needs to be addressed. Bringing it up doesn't change the fact that the Tea Party is two jumps away from the Klan.

Posted · Report post

Yeah thats another thing, always a laff when G5 tells us how Dems are overblowing Republican racism as evident with VoterID laws and illegal immigration among other issues, yet his favorite defense seems to be "see? Dems do it too!" along with a link to some isolated goofy incident (which yes, of course, does happen).

Posted · Report post

So agreeing with fiscally responsible and constitutional government makes me a racist? Please, go ahead with your usual pedantic assertions and spell out how people like me are so evil

Posted · Report post

ooh the word pedantic totally confused me

And every single thing you said is completely fabricated and has nothing to do with what I actually said, and everything to do with your persecution complex.

And the definition of "Constitutional Government" appears to be: Things I like are Constitutional, things I don't like are not Constitutional. For example, Heller vs. DC specifically assures the governments ability to register, tax and track firearms as they see fit, which has always been the case, but now for some strange reason background checks are unconstitutional, apparently because Wayne LaPierre said so but thats just an opinion.

Posted · Report post

what I'm getting from this video is that the tea party movement is based mostly on a bunch of boomers' memories of 'the good ol days'
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Way to completely backpedal once you are called out. Take a gander at what the [i]actual [/i]platform of the Tea Party is based on and then get back to me on how individual factions have [i]hijacked [/i]it. I hate to break it to ya, but it is just like every other play the media has drummed up. The exception is not the rule.

Posted · Report post

do you acknowledge that the globalized world we live in combined with exponential population growth has made band/tribe organizations lacking in a strong centralized government an impossibility?

Posted · Report post

The [i]actual [/i]platform of the Tea Party is whatever Dick Armeys Republican Party creation, the Tea Party Express, and similar organizations says it is. To be brutally honest, what this lady is spouting is closer to what the rank and file supporters who don't like the big organizational control are more into. Either way it's dying a most deserved death - the question is will it take the Republican Party down with it?

Posted · Report post

So calling us racists don't stick when you are challenged, now you resort to call us neanderthals?

Tell me, what [i]is it exactly[/i] about fiscal responsibility and individual freedom that you can't stand that you feel the need to take the exception to what we are and try to make it the rule?

Posted · Report post

Oh man. They hate us for our freedom. Haven't seen that beauty since about 2004

Posted · Report post

[quote name='twylyght' timestamp='1363661849' post='2166920']
So calling us racists don't stick when you are challenged, now you resort to call us neanderthals?

Tell me, what [i]is it exactly[/i] about fiscal responsibility and individual freedom that you can't stand that you feel the need to take the exception to what we are and try to make it the rule?
[/quote]

Oh gee williker, it just gives me the heebie jeebies!

Posted · Report post

Can't argue the merits? Resort to grade school antics. Couldn't see THAT one come from a mile out

Posted · Report post

I'm sorry, what response did you expect from a denial of reality and wrapping yourself in the flag/Constitution?