Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ACC gets a big "f*ck you" from NCAA selection committee

44 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Miami is the first ACC regular season AND tournament winner to not earn a #1 seed. Ever.

The #2 seed was a correct seeding for Duke but they are headed to the group of death and have the #1 overall seed Louisville in their bracket.

Carolina should be a higher seed, and you can make the same argument for State as well.

UNC and State likely will be heading home after their first games as they will prob be playing Kansas and Indiana, respectively. Of course they have to win their first games and the 8/9 games are always a toss up.

Virginia was left out, too.

If Miami needs any extra motivation, they certainly got that yesterday.

Posted · Report post

I think it was pretty well-deserved. The ACC blew this year. The tournament was almost unwatchable.

Posted · Report post

Tbqh, it was a down year for the ACC.

The head of the selection committee is Xavier's AD. He's taking a job at GaTech this year.

He (and the committee) certainly didnt do anyone any favors.

All four of these teams could be out by the S16.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Jase' timestamp='1363618838' post='2166092']
I think it was pretty well-deserved. The ACC blew this year. The tournament was almost unwatchable.
[/quote]

Sorry, but if every conference started making dubious calls to change the outcome of games in the last 5 seconds people would start to ask questions

Posted · Report post

Why, mister thatlookseasy, I have no idea what you are talking about.

*slowly backs out of thread*

Posted · Report post

Something else to consider is the hypothetical question if the canes lost yesterday?

Where would the committee seeded Miami?

They could of been one of the best 3 or 4 seeds ever.

Miami should feel disrespected.

Posted · Report post

If it would have flipped them with duke I would have been pulling so hard for the heels. They have a cake walk to the elite 8

Posted · Report post

[img]http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/562176_10200845260956721_1967630576_n.jpg[/img]
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

You could make the argument that Miami deserved the 1 over KU but Duke deserved a 2 and unc and NCSU both deserved the 8 seeds they got. Unc went 2-8 against the top 50 and had 10 losses on the season.

Posted · Report post

Was also 0-6 vs the top 6 & 2-2 vs 7-50 if we are being fair to the heels.

Posted · Report post

Check that RPI son!

Posted · Report post

Yeah unc wins games they are supposed to and on the flip side they also lose the games they should. They are an 8/9 seed.

Posted · Report post

With PJ in the lineup though...

They can beat anyone when the shots are falling

Posted · Report post

Except maybe Duke, Miami, and Indiana.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='bigcatdaddy' timestamp='1363740332' post='2168139']
Except maybe Duke, Miami, and Indiana.
[/quote]

Sweet, I'll take a final 4 run

Posted · Report post

[quote name='thatlookseasy' timestamp='1363760824' post='2168458']

Sweet, I'll take a final 4 run
[/quote]

BCD will start insulting you if you disagree with him.

Duke fans = NO CLASS

It will all be over soon, Duke.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='MrTouchdown' timestamp='1363813467' post='2169218']
BCD will start insulting you if you disagree with him.

Duke fans = NO CLASS

It will all be over soon, Duke.
[/quote]

I only call out stupidity, you can disagree with me all you want just have something to back it up. You never have facts or logic to back up anything you say so I have to call you on it, plus you normally start the name calling, son. See how I gave you reasons that unc deserved their 8 seed. You on the other hand just said they were screwed with their seeding, tell us why.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='bigcatdaddy' timestamp='1363818240' post='2169341']

I only call out stupidity, you can disagree with me all you want just have something to back it up. You never have facts or logic to back up anything you say so I have to call you on it, plus you normally start the name calling, son. See how I gave you reasons that unc deserved their 8 seed. You on the other hand just said they were screwed with their seeding, tell us why.
[/quote]

Check the RPI for Carolina, guy.

Also - anyone who dosent believe that the guy is obsessed with Carolina, just read his posts. He's more concerned w/ UNC's seeding then what Duke is doing.

Thanks for proving my point, BoofCatDaddy.

Posted · Report post

PJ Hairston/Django fans
[img]http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/577578_474963749223718_1798317219_n.png[/img]
http://shop.thrillcitync.com/product/pjango-unchained-pre-order

Posted · Report post

[quote name='MrTouchdown' timestamp='1363827492' post='2169550']

Check the RPI for Carolina, guy.

Also - anyone who dosent believe that the guy is obsessed with Carolina, just read his posts. He's more concerned w/ UNC's seeding then what Duke is doing.

Thanks for proving my point, BoofCatDaddy.
[/quote]

If RPI was the end all be all of seedings then your #1 seeds would be Duke, New Mexico, Louisville, and Miami in that order. Point being RPI is just one of the tools used when determining seeds. You also factor in quality wins, bad losses, SOS, and # of losses. Bottom line is unc didn't beat any quality teams and had some bad losses.

How am I obsessed? I just gave you reasons why your heels deserved the seed you got. I know it's hard for you when someone actually gives logical answers and doesn't just say stuff without info to back it up. I am trying to educate you so you can actually add something to these discussions.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='bigcatdaddy' timestamp='1363869092' post='2169945']
If RPI was the end all be all of seedings then your #1 seeds would be Duke, New Mexico, Louisville, and Miami in that order. Point being RPI is just one of the tools used when determining seeds. You also factor in quality wins, bad losses, SOS, and # of losses. Bottom line is unc didn't beat any quality teams and had some bad losses.

How am I obsessed? I just gave you reasons why your heels deserved the seed you got. I know it's hard for you when someone actually gives logical answers and doesn't just say stuff without info to back it up. I am trying to educate you so you can actually add something to these discussions.
[/quote]

RPI is clearly not the end all be all for the selections committee, but if they used it at all maybe the ACC teams wouldnt have been fvcked so hard by the seedings

Honestly, I wouldnt be surprised if the selection committee is punishing the big conferences for making all the realignment decisions based solely on football. The number of mid majors with at large bids and the seeds they got were a joke

Posted · Report post

[quote name='thatlookseasy' timestamp='1363872778' post='2170001']

RPI is clearly not the end all be all for the selections committee, but if they used it at all maybe the ACC teams wouldnt have been fvcked so hard by the seedings

Honestly, I wouldnt be surprised if the selection committee is punishing the big conferences for making all the realignment decisions based solely on football. The number of mid majors with at large bids and the seeds they got were a joke
[/quote]

Yup. And he BoofCatDaddy wonders why I said Duke could have easily been a #1. Roy Williams and Jay Bilas share my opinion.

There has to be other factors at play because its odd Miami wasn't a #1.

Anyway - arguing about semantics. Nothing we can do about it now.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='thatlookseasy' timestamp='1363872778' post='2170001']

[u][b]RPI is clearly not the end all be all for the selections committee, but if they used it at all maybe the ACC teams wouldnt have been fvcked so hard by the seedings[/b][/u]

[/quote]

But who was screwed? unc lost 10 games, Nc State lost 10 games and they were both bad versus the top 50. They both had some bad losses and they are both 8 seeds. Miami might be the only one that got screwed by not getting a 1 seed because Duke sure as hell deserved that #2 seed after their performance against Maryland. I just don't understand why you guys think that State or unc were screwed by their seedings.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='MrTouchdown' timestamp='1363875207' post='2170025']
Yup.[u][b] And he BoofCatDaddy wonders why I said Duke could have easily been a #1.[/b][/u] Roy Williams and Jay Bilas share my opinion.

There has to be other factors at play because its odd Miami wasn't a #1.

Anyway - arguing about semantics. Nothing we can do about it now.
[/quote]

How?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='bigcatdaddy' timestamp='1363875287' post='2170026']

But who was screwed? unc lost 10 games, Nc State lost 10 games and they were both bad versus the top 50. They both had some bad losses and they are both 8 seeds. Miami might be the only one that got screwed by not getting a 1 seed because Duke sure as hell deserved that #2 seed after their performance against Maryland. I just don't understand why you guys think that State or unc were screwed by their seedings.
[/quote]

Because they both played tougher schedules and won a bunch of games. Thats why their RPI is so high.

Gonzaga is a joke of a 1 seed (should have been Miami), and Indiana lost 3 of their last 6, I fail to see how they are better than Duke (who had a very tough non-conference schedule, something the selection committee claimed was the the reason UVA and other big conference teams failed to make the tourney)

I'm not that upset with the seeds, but the selection committee needs to be consistent with their reasoning and stop giving teams a free pass because they scheduled a few tough teams out of conference and then beat up on their shitty conference members

The ACC was pretty fuging good this year, and the seedings did not reflect that at all, bottom line