Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

would you take a flyer on marcus lattimore late?

153 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

The guy is going to fall threw the floor board because of the two ACL injuries. I know were stacked at RB,but i think the kid is a elite athlete and would be a huge steal for any team to grab late in the draft. He could have huge upside and eventually ease the release(this season) of d-low. I think if you could get a player like this anywhere from rounds 4-7 is a steal. I know our needs are much heavier at other positions but, going bpa i see huge value if the kid can remain healthy or even a trading chip. What say you?

Posted · Report post

Yes and release DLo

Posted · Report post

If he's there late, I think it's a good move. I doubt that we will keep Jonangelo Stilliams together after this season.

Posted · Report post

If we had more than 5 picks (thanks Hurney!!!!) I would. We have too many needs though.

Posted · Report post

Even if we did not have Williams/Stewart, no fugin way.

We have 3 RBs and 2 decent ones on the practice squad. Don't need another RB

We only have 5 picks, why they heck would we waste one on a RB, who can't even play!??

Posted · Report post

You take the best player on the board. If he is there late, then hell yes. Let him sit out for the year, release deangelo next year, and he ought to be good to go by then. He is a rare talent. I say yes.

Posted · Report post

No, not in our situation. Like SCP said, if we had more picks or were in a better situation to dump some of our RB's then maybe. He will get snagged by the 49ers or some other good team with a trillion draft picks.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Ken' timestamp='1363787599' post='2168626']

We only have 5 picks, why they heck would we waste one on a RB, who can't even play!??
[/quote]

He can play and will be ready by week 1 hands down.

Not to mention the guy is going to be a BEAST.

Posted · Report post

The 9ers will take a flyer on him with one of their million picks and allow him to recover for a full year or more if he needs it

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Ken' timestamp='1363787599' post='2168626']

[/quote]
The practice squad disolved at season's end.
Those guys can sign with anyone.
A. Smith was signed to a roster contract in Dec. 2012

Posted · Report post

I would actually consider it in the 4/5th to be honest.
RB's are and should be released after age 26/27, he could take it slow this year and next split time with Stew then next year take over for Stew.

Posted · Report post

Worth mentioning your 5th round guy is fighting for a roster spot, IMO those are the ones you risk on Boom or Bust guys.

Posted · Report post

The huddle has a weird fascination with RB's.

Posted · Report post

4th signed sealed and delivered

Posted · Report post

This guy was a top 10 pick before he got hurt. We could afford to rest him a year, then have an awesome running back for basically free next year.

Posted · Report post

I'm with it, because contrary to popular opinion excellent runningbacks do not materialize out of thin air. Hurney just over paid our two backs, and now we drinking the kool-aid. All of the recent champs have had a dynamic back on the squad.

Posted · Report post

I read that ML runs rather high (I questioned that), and with the new helmet rule (which should not pass this year) he is always going to be injury prone. With his history, I see a very short career if this is indeed the case.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='mjligon' timestamp='1363787815' post='2168630']
He can play and will be ready by week 1 hands down.

Not to mention the guy is going to be a BEAST.
[/quote]

Ready by Week 1? lol
He didn't look 100% after his 1st ACL, no way to say he's going to be a beast. Maybe he will be good but its not close to being certain.

[quote name='Firefox' timestamp='1363788034' post='2168635']
The practice squad disolved at season's end.
Those guys can sign with anyone.
A. Smith was signed to a roster contract in Dec. 2012
[/quote]

My point was the two are going to be back.........

Posted · Report post

WOW! Can you imagine this! Picture this, Cam, Tolbert, Stewart, Williams, AND Lattimore all on the field at the same time. Defenses will not know what is coming to them when we unleash that. Totally awesome. Will be totally worth having a losing season again just to claim we could put 5 runners on the field togethter if we wanted.

We only have 5 draft picks...but who cares!!!! Who cares we don't have the picks to fill all our other holes or money to add FAs to. RBs fo sho!!! 24/7!!!

Posted · Report post

Maybe if we had more picks. A team with fewer holes and more picks will probably take him before we are in a reasonable position to do so. Don't the 49ers have like a million picks? He could be a great supplement/potential future replacement for Gore.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Ken' timestamp='1363789468' post='2168661']

Ready by Week 1? lol
He didn't look 100% after his 1st ACL, no way to say he's going to be a beast. Maybe he will be good but its not close to being certain.

My point was the two are going to be back.........
[/quote]

He is six months ahead of schedule.

He will be ready by week 1.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CRA' timestamp='1363789591' post='2168662']
WOW! Can you imagine this! Picture this, Cam, Tolbert, Stewart, Williams, AND Lattimore all on the field at the same time. Defenses will not know what is coming to them when we unleash that. Totally awesome. Will be totally worth having a losing season again just to claim we could put 5 runners on the field togethter if we wanted.

We only have 5 draft picks...but who cares!!!! Who cares we don't have the picks to fill all our other holes or money to add FAs to. RBs fo sho!!! 24/7!!!
[/quote]

Because last years 4-7 picks filled in so nicely and filled all our needs...seriously getting anything out of a pick drafted after round 4 is a win. so even if it is a rb the value trumps picking some need who will get cut anyway.

Posted · Report post

another luxury option which again, we don't have

Posted · Report post

[quote name='mjligon' timestamp='1363789703' post='2168667']
He is six months ahead of schedule.

He will be ready by week 1.
[/quote]

He's still a month away from being cleared for Sprints. Awhile's away from cutting, contact etc...

Cool the ready by week one talk.

Posted · Report post

Yes, without a doubt...If he's there late, I'd pick him up, release Williams and place sign Armond Smith or Tauren Poole to the active 53 man roster and try to keep the one that isn't signed (Smith or Poole) on the practice squad. Personally I'd like to keep Smith..