Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Feel Sorry for Mike Shula

241 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Apparently he was told to go sit in the corner and color while Rivera and Gettleman go crazy on defense.
4 people like this

Posted · Report post

Defense wins Championships!

We have a plethora of weapons on the O side... And I never bought us drafting a receiver in this draft. Not with the additions, and Gettis still here.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I see excuses developing for him already
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

feel bad for Cam.

Said it the moment Gettlemen arrived. He isn't sold on being the GM for a Newton/Rivera offense. Too old school to build with that mindset.....he hinted on that early IMO.

drafting offense for them....big picture doesn't make sense if you aren't sold on that direction
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Zod' timestamp='1367088661' post='2213030']
I see excuses developing for him already
[/quote]

HE DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH LATE ROUND RECEIVERS!!!
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='chknwing' timestamp='1367088457' post='2212988']
Apparently he was told to go sit in the corner and color while Rivera and Gettleman go crazy on defense.
[/quote]

Well put

Posted · Report post

You can't exactly expect anyone in the 4-7 rounds to be an immediate contributor, and Shula is just a 1 year rental. These picks don't affect him in the slightest, imo.

Posted · Report post

I am not quite sure why people are so upset. We actually have playmakers. Yes we need to draft a WR as a future Smitty replacement but there are definitely no 4-7 picks that will take his place much less beat out Smith, Lafell, Gettis, Hixon, Ginn.

We basically would be drafting a WR to compete against Joe Adams, Armanti and Lamont Bryant. That doesn't sound like a smart idea. Its better to go for depth and special teams help.
6 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Keith Moons Liver' timestamp='1367088815' post='2213051']
You can't exactly expect anyone in the 4-7 rounds to be an immediate contributor, and Shula is just a 1 year rental. These picks don't affect him in the slightest, imo.
[/quote]

what he said^^

Posted · Report post

AE!!!!!!!

Posted · Report post

Cam, Smith, Olsen, LaFell, Williams, Stewart, Hixon, Gettis...There are teams out there with less talent who were better on O than we were last year. Use them correctly and our offense can be pretty damn good.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='TruCatzFan' timestamp='1367088628' post='2213023']
Defense wins Championships!

We have a plethora of weapons on the O side... And I never bought us drafting a receiver in this draft. Not with the additions, and Gettis still here.
[/quote]

Lol a plethora of weapons. Your a funny man

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CRA' timestamp='1367088721' post='2213041']
feel bad for Cam.

Said it the moment Gettlemen arrived. He isn't sold on being the GM for a Newton/Rivera offense. Too old school to build with that mindset.....he hinted on that early IMO.

drafting offense for them....big picture doesn't make sense if you aren't sold on that direction
[/quote]

You don't think Eli and his seemingly rag-tag group of receivers had much to do with their superbowl runs? Gettleman aint putting us in win now mode.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I feel sorry for Cam, his rookie year will be the best offense he has in Carolina. I am happy we upgraded the D line tho.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='yasuhara2241' timestamp='1367088879' post='2213057']
I am not quite sure why people are so upset. We actually have playmakers. Yes we need to draft a WR as a future Smitty replacement but there are definitely no 4-7 picks that will take his place much less beat out Smith, Lafell, Gettis, Hixon, Ginn.

We basically would be drafting a WR to compete against Joe Adams, Armanti and Lamont Bryant. That doesn't sound like a smart idea. Its better to go for depth and special teams help.
[/quote]

nailed it

Posted · Report post

Trust me. We're going run heavy and strong defense again!!!!! People forgets that we have talents on offense. We're terrible on defense! Not anymore.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[/quote]
You realize, to a large degree....that includes Cam/Rivera as such.

Newton isn't a Gettlemen guy...

Posted · Report post

I rather play tough defense and win close game than trying to blowout games with no defensive help.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

How is any OC expected to be successful without 5th round WRs to squeeze in the depth chart between Ginn and the practice squad?
4 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Car123' timestamp='1367088905' post='2213060']

what he said^^
[/quote]

Not true. Patton will produce. Alot of starters in the league come from later rounds. Just ask teams with rings.

Posted · Report post

[/quote]
Normally id agree about not finding immediate starters in rds 4-7 but this was a pretty deep class and wouldn't be surprised to see some of these 3rd day guys start

Posted · Report post

[quote name='yasuhara2241' timestamp='1367088879' post='2213057']

[/quote]

Gettis is a sixth rounder who hasn't played in 2 years.
Hixon is a run of the mill 3rd WR
Ginn is a train wreck at WR.

If Gettleman is unable to find a guy better than any of these three, we've made a pretty big hiring mistake.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

We have to start letting Cam manage games like a Wilson or Kaep than trying to put the game on his shoulder. Play hard defense, run the ball, and manage the offense.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CRA' timestamp='1367088985' post='2213078']
You realize, to a large degree....that includes Cam/Rivera as such.

Newton isn't a Gettlemen guy...
[/quote]
For sure, Rivera is definitely a lame duck just like Shula. This next season is a throw away year- all our significant moves are designed for 2014 and beyond. Gives Gettleman time to fix the damage done by Hurney but doesn't put a coach who is "his" guy into a hole from a bad 1st year.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='carolina-chuck' timestamp='1367088985' post='2213077']
Trust me. We're going run heavy and strong defense again!!!!! People forgets that we have talents on offense. We're terrible on defense! Not anymore.
[/quote]

If we're switching back to Foxball, we really don't need a top notch QB.