Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dwight Howard Confirms He Signs with Rockets

103 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

ESPN also said or inferred that his inner circle are the ones that leaked he was signing with the Rockets, then his agent came out and said no decision had been made. Just as it was in Orlando, his advisors/close friends are apparently the problem.

And it was actually USA Today that broke the story. On Sportscenter, Broussard said the Houston thing was leaked because Dwight's people wanted to break the news on their own terms but it was made impossible because the amount of teams involved. I guess teams started leaking the news that he told them no and Dwight's people tried to leak the team before it got narrowed down for them.

Yeah if I was Dwight I would hire a new team and agent.

Posted · Report post

Stephen A Smith has spoken Rockets it is!

Posted · Report post

I guess I just don't understand why people get so emotional about these things. Even if it wasn't the media's fault and he is trying to make a decision but changed his mind. I don't think that makes him a horrible person. It might make him.look foolish but between this and the irrational Lebron hate over the decision why do people get so worked up over this poo?

I've never understood the Lebron hate over "The Decision." Now, if people want to hate him forever because he signed with two other great players? Have at it. But, he actually did the hour-long special at the behest of his people, and he paid dearly for it in the court of public opinion, despite donating all the money from it to charity.

Dwight did himself in with the whole "isn't that right, Stan?" interview in which he got exposed for being a manipulative, fraudulent, wishy-washy biatch who was trying to get his coach fired even though he never planned on staying in Orlando anyway. He's done quite the job of cultivating himself into such an unlikeable person.

Posted · Report post

Lakers get top 3 pick next year.

Magic fans must be laughing their asses off tonight.

Posted · Report post

And if you wanted to give Dwight the benefit of the doubt and say the media jumped the gun and said he was signing with the Rockets, when he didn't, so it wasn't his fault... We then have the "50-50" report, and then Dwight comes out himself and says he signing with the Rockets an hour later, lol.

Posted · Report post

I've never understood the Lebron hate over "The Decision." Now, if people want to hate him forever because he signed with two other great players? Have at it. But, he actually did the hour-long special at the behest of his people, and he paid dearly for it in the court of public opinion, despite donating all the money from it to charity.

Dwight did himself in with the whole "isn't that right, Stan?" interview in which he got exposed for being a manipulative, fraudulent, wishy-washy biatch who was trying to get his coach fired even though he never planned on staying in Orlando anyway. He's done quite the job of cultivating himself into such an unlikeable person.

I think Dwight will be a changed man this year. To me he did what Lebron James did choose the best situation to win. He turned down 30 mil to leave the LA and the Lakers. People forget Dwight Howard was considered the 2nd best player in the NBA a couple of years ago. I think he knows the only way to repair his image is to win a championship. I think he will get back to being the dominant force he was in Orlando.

I'm picking Houston to win it all next year. 

Posted · Report post

Some of you folks are way over reacting about how the Lakers are going to be next year.  They're still a late lottery team at worst.

Posted · Report post

Nah he's not the worst human being on the planet, he just can't make up his mind.

Rapist/Murderer's are the worst people on the planet.

lol

Posted · Report post

I think Dwight will be a changed man this year. To me he did what Lebron James did choose the best situation to win. He turned down 30 mil to leave the LA and the Lakers. People forget Dwight Howard was considered the 2nd best player in the NBA a couple of years ago. I think he knows the only way to repair his image is to win a championship. I think he will get back to being the dominant force he was in Orlando.

I'm picking Houston to win it all next year.

No doubt, they're going to be a contender out of the West, but he just needs to stay away from the media this year and play his game.

Posted · Report post

Dwight isn't going to change for Houston. When things get tough there, it will be the same story.

Posted · Report post

I hope he signs a 1 year deal so we can do this again next year

Posted · Report post

I hope he signs a 1 year deal so we can do this again next year

Nope 10 day contract, he doesn't want to get too locked in anywhere.

Seriously though I wish the guy the best, despite all the crap the past few seasons I still think he is a great player and want him to succeed.

Posted · Report post

Kobe wins the internet!! 

Screen-Shot-2013-07-05-at-8.09.31-PM.png

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I'm excited about what a healthy Kobe + Pau combo can do next season. Kobe had to literally force feed Dwight last season since he lacks a single post move. Kobe and Pau is still an elite duo imo. Obviously the defense will be poor next season though :/ 

Posted · Report post

Without looking, I'm assuming the Lakers don't have the room to go after Bynum? Not that they'd want to go back down that road but, definitely would be fun to follow lol...

Posted · Report post

No they're still over the cap, I think Howard leaving may give them the mid level exception but that's it.  Pau will be the starting C next year, and honestly that's where he's best at anyway....

Posted · Report post

I'm excited about what a healthy Kobe + Pau combo can do next season. Kobe had to literally force feed Dwight last season since he lacks a single post move. Kobe and Pau is still an elite duo imo. Obviously the defense will be poor next season though :/ 

Welcome to the lottery bro.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers decide to rebuild, Kobe(35) coming off an achilles injury, Gasol(33) coming of knee surgery, and Nash(40) old and injury prone is not going to challenge anybody in the West.

Lakers era is over, it all started when Jim Buss took over the franchise.

Posted · Report post

No they're still over the cap, I think Howard leaving may give them the mid level exception but that's it. Pau will be the starting C next year, and honestly that's where he's best at anyway....

Yeah, you're probably good with Pau there... But, who knows, after Bynum's Philly fiasco, he may have whittled himself down to the the MLE. Buss should sign him and pretend Dwight never happened, lol.

Posted · Report post

I'm already pretending Dwight never happened.  Dude tarnished the P&G armor with his antics.....

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Lakers probably gets 10 more wins from last year by Howard leaving
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Howard needs help

Posted · Report post

I'm going to drop a turd on this unopened Dwight Howard action figure I bought at Staples Center and put it on Ebay for .01 cents Buy It Now with a $100 shipping charge.

Posted · Report post

Welcome to the lottery bro.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers decide to rebuild, Kobe(35) coming off an achilles injury, Gasol(33) coming of knee surgery, and Nash(40) old and injury prone is not going to challenge anybody in the West.

Lakers era is over, it all started when Jim Buss took over the franchise.

Eh, it's possible I suppose if everyone is unhealthy next season or has declined rapidly. We went 28-12 to finish the season out last season and that was with injuries to numerous players. Dwight wasn't really a big factor last season other than his defense late in the season when he finally started getting in shape / caring. Obviously we likely aren't competing for a championship, but I'm 99.9% sure that we're making the playoffs if everyone is healthy and themselves.

Posted · Report post

just as was thinking about bandwagon cheering for the Rockets in the West they go and sign my (easily) most hated NBA player of all time

Dwight Howard is a diva, and his play has dramatically slipped in the past few years. 

Posted · Report post

Idk, I could see the Lakers improving just from losing Howard. He just didn't fit there, and I don't think it mattered that D'Antoni was coach. He didn't fit his system without a doubt, but, he also just wasn't able to nor ever would be able to mesh with Kobe as the lead dog there.

Dwight thinks he wants to be the man but, when he is the man and shrinks under the spotlight.

I think the Lakers and Dwight are better off without each other. Dwight can blend in much easier in Houston versus L.A.

I anticipate Kobe's game is going to be noticeably different coming off the achilles injury but, you know he will probably still have similar production b/c he's just that competitive. I can see the Lakers making the 6th to 8th seed, possibly higher if Kobe is back early in the year.
1 person likes this