Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How about those RED SOX!

266 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Cueto is my dream trading target for the Angels. But even Cueto has had his injuries.

I'm a huge Hanley fan and always have been but again, he needs to stay healthy and at 31 he isn't getting any healthier.

Would love Yoenis but no one is going to be taking Hackilton off Arte's books anytime soon so I'm basically stuck with that loser for the next 3 years.

I'm interested to see where the sox go from here. Definitely jealous, they have all the pieces now to go and land some serious pitchers and have solid bats in the lineup. I saw SF might go and get Lester now with the money they've saved on Panda

Yeah, I am actually expecting to see us bring in three SP.  At least one FA and one through trade.  Not sure on the third but it is going to be really interesting.

Lester would destroy the NL West in those big parks and getting to pitch to pitchers instead of a DH.  Scary thought.  I am surprised we have not heard more about the Cubs in regards to Lester personally.

Posted · Report post

I am expecting him to move to the OF and now that we have a 3B Xander can finally settle in at SS. Middlebrooks deciding to never improve really screwed us on that one.

Hanley in the OF would be interesting, he does have a cannon for an arm.

Posted · Report post

Sounds like the Sox have offered Justin Masterson a multi-year deal.  Seriously?

Posted · Report post

Giants and Dodgers have been informed that they out of the running for Lester. Down to Sox and Cubs

Posted (edited) · Report post

Lester to Cubs, darn. Okay Ben, go get Shields and trade for Cueto, that is what I wanted to begin with and it will make up for that Sandoval contract Edited by Goondal

Posted · Report post

Now we trade Rubby de la Rosa and Allen Webster for Wade Miley.  I really do not know what the holy hell they are doing.  I was very excited after the fire sale and the signing of Castillo but this offseason has really dampened that optimism so far.  

Posted · Report post

Just traded Cespedes for Porcello.  I would be okay with this if the plan was for him to be the three.  I am disturbed though as I suspect he is supposed to be the two with Miley, Kelly, and Clay behind him.  I hope Shields is at least coming to town.  Do not really know who else they could get because if they are not willing to go the extra mile for Lester then 200+ for Scherzer is a non-starter. 

I we sign Masteron at this point I may just jump off a bridge.

Posted · Report post

...and we signed Masterson.  Excuse me while I go jump off a bridge.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Sox trade high ceiling prospect Anthony Ranaudo for Robbie flippin' Ross?  We entered this offseason with all this extra cash and a surplus of prospects.  How have they managed to give give both away without making the team better?

If they had signed nobody and traded nobody and just went into the season saying they wanted to give the young guys a shot I would have been fine with it.  This offseason just keeps getting worse.  Every time I see a prediction on the East I see the Sox at the top.  Why?  Offseason grade is a D+ at this point...and the only reason it is that high is Porcello.

Edited by Goondal

Posted · Report post

Very nice start to the season with five home runs. Clay looked very good.

Posted · Report post

Also, Porcello signs a four year, eighty million dollar extension, seems a little steep but I am happy to lock him down

Posted · Report post

Very nice start to the season with five home runs. Clay looked very good.

Here's hoping Buchholz stays healthy and reemerges as the ace of this rotation. With this offense potentially being better than the 2013 one, and a 2013-esque Buchholz, it could be another special year for the Sox.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Here's hoping Buchholz stays healthy and reemerges as the ace of this rotation. With this offense potentially being better than the 2013 one, and a 2013-esque Buchholz, it could be another special year for the Sox.

I sure hope he does, he tends to be better in odd numbered years. If not though I do not expect a repeat of the worst to first, even if he does it will be tough. I was not as impressed with the offseason as others

Posted · Report post

I sure hope he does, he tends to be better in odd numbered years. If not though I do not expect a repeat of the worst to first, even if he does it will be tough. I was not as impressed with the offseason as others

The offseason wasn't as great as it was made out to be, but the AL East doesn't appear to be all that improved, I think the Orioles will regress significantly and I don't see the Yankees or Rays being able to battle for the division.

Posted · Report post

The offseason wasn't as great as it was made out to be, but the AL East doesn't appear to be all that improved, I think the Orioles will regress significantly and I don't see the Yankees or Rays being able to battle for the division.

orioles will definitely regress. I agree on the Yankees and Rays especially not competing.

I see Toronto, Baltimore, and the Sox all around 83-87 wins. Koji and Hanley staying healthy will be huge I think.

Posted · Report post

orioles will definitely regress. I agree on the Yankees and Rays especially not competing.

I see Toronto, Baltimore, and the Sox all around 83-87 wins. Koji and Hanley staying healthy will be huge I think.

If Toronto's rotation doesn't bury them their bullpen will. They'll score runs but they aren't going to out score teams all year.

Posted · Report post

I really don't see Baltimore doing all that well with a mediocre offense and starting rotation. I think a healthy Pedroia could be a huge difference for the offense this year.

If Toronto's rotation doesn't bury them their bullpen will. They'll score runs but they aren't going to out score teams all year.

Them losing Stroman really hurt, he could have headlined their rotation as the #1. Now their only hope is that Norris can progress quickly and be the ace. They also have to bank on Buehrle and Dickey having enough in the tank for one more good year

Posted · Report post

I really don't see Baltimore doing all that well with a mediocre offense and starting rotation. I think a healthy Pedroia could be a huge difference for the offense this year.

Them losing Stroman really hurt, he could have headlined their rotation as the #1. Now their only hope is that Norris can progress quickly and be the ace. They also have to bank on Buehrle and Dickey having enough in the tank for one more good year

Aaron Sanchez definitely has big time potential and Drew Hitchinson is only 24 but I don't think they'll get anything consistent from any of these guys this year, just too young.

Dickey pitched well last night but that inexperienced bullpen started the meltdown and Cecil finished it.

I think your division comes down to you guys and Baltimore and the rest aren't all that close in the end

Posted · Report post

Aaron Sanchez definitely has big time potential and Drew Hitchinson is only 24 but I don't think they'll get anything consistent from any of these guys this year, just too young.

Dickey pitched well last night but that inexperienced bullpen started the meltdown and Cecil finished it.

I think your division comes down to you guys and Baltimore and the rest aren't all that close in the end

I believe Hutch's potential caps at a #3 rotation guy. Mid 4s ERA is not a good sign, especially as the league turns more and more into a pitcher's league. Definitely too early to tell with Sanchez, can't say I'm too worried about him, maybe in a couple more years. Dickey is also tough to tell because he's a knuckleballer so his arm is not as old as 40 year old fastballer but knuckleballers are very volatile game-to-game. Barring injuries I would expect the Sox to win the division, but not sure how far we can go without an ace or dominant closer (depending on how Koji recovers)

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I believe Hutch's potential caps at a #3 rotation guy. Mid 4s ERA is not a good sign, especially as the league turns more and more into a pitcher's league. Definitely too early to tell with Sanchez, can't say I'm too worried about him, maybe in a couple more years. Dickey is also tough to tell because he's a knuckleballer so his arm is not as old as 40 year old fastballer but knuckleballers are very volatile game-to-game. Barring injuries I would expect the Sox to win the division, but not sure how far we can go without an ace or dominant closer (depending on how Koji recovers)

Yep, agree with everything you said

Posted · Report post

Not a fan of Mujica as our closer. Exhibit A right there.

Posted · Report post

I liked that exhibit.

Posted · Report post

I think that the impact that the Blue Jays getting Russell Martin as their catcher will have on their pitching is underrated at this point, but I obviously hope you are all correct.

Lots of flawed teams in this division

Posted · Report post

Not a fan of Mujica as our closer. Exhibit A right there.

thankfully we only have to worry about it for a few more days (hopefully)

Ogando is one that I really have a lot of hope for. I loved him in Texas
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I liked that exhibit.

Yeah well nobody asked you now did they

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0