Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3rd and 2 ... Handoff to Deangelo....

97 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Gross and Bell are badly beaten while Wharton blocks air and Olsen blocks 2 men. 

Posted · Report post

Was this on our first drive? I remember that god awful hold by Gross that wasn't flagged.

Posted · Report post

looks like Bell or Wharton (centered) skipped his assignment and hid

Posted · Report post

Question 2... Does Barner cut it to the outside and get the first?

Lmao.... Probably. Going to be a long year, man. Folks breaking down individual plays with still photos now to make a point.

Posted · Report post

Good to know that those two defenders Olsen was blocking were planning on just standing still and letting D-will run outside.

But where is Olsen's leverage on his block? Looks like the main guy is outside of Olsen to me.

I don't see this on D-Will as much as it looks like someone missed a guy since Olsen is having to block two guys.

This.....

Posted · Report post

DeAngelo is blind in his right eye.

...he doesnt want to take the big hit outside..its easyier and less painful to stumble and go down at the line...

Posted · Report post

You're too busy playing MADDEN and not being a REAL FOOTBALL FAN.

When Z.O.D. announced to the whole free world that Barner should be the starter after a 4 carry perfomance #34 had against Baltimore in the preseason, it was pretty clear that he kind of had enough of DeAngelo.

Posted · Report post

Dwill has really bad field vision. There were a lot of times I was just like why isn't he bouncing this outside.

Posted · Report post

Then again, 3rd and 2, why are we giving it to Dwill? We have Tolbert for a reason. I still blame this loss on the piss poor game management of Rivera.

Posted · Report post

Then again, 3rd and 2, why are we giving it to Dwill? We have Tolbert for a reason. I still blame this loss on the piss poor game management of Rivera.

Tolbert definitely needs to be the ball carrier on short yardage situations. If they're going to call a dive play on 3rd down and short #35 needs to handle those situations. I don't mind #34 getting that call on 2nd down, but not on 3rd.. If he is going to get that call run a different play. Misdirection, toss, counter... I thought Shula was very creative in the way he got Deangelo the balla on running plays. I really hope Barner suits up soon though. I haven't seen him play yet, because I missed all of the preseason games. But I have to see this guy. See what all the fuss is about.

Posted · Report post

On 3rd and 2 or 1...I would run Cam every single time.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

We went from using Cam too much in the run game to making him nonexistent it feels like.  This has to change.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Untitled-2.jpg

Observations? Its 3rd and 2.

Just an FYI also.  This play was on 2nd and 2, not 3rd and 2.

We ran again on 3rd and Wharton whiffed a block when he was pulling across that stopped it on the other side.

Posted · Report post

agree with teeray, this is a picture of our offensive line getting destroyed.... lol at yet another williams bash attempt

we get it you dont like williams

Posted · Report post

The answer is Deangelo should never get the ball on 3rd and short when we have Tolbert and Cam.

Posted · Report post

I miss Stewy!

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

But where is Cam? Most efficient first down maker in American football and he's not in any of these screen shots.

We should have went with either Cam or Tolbert...they both excel in short yardage situation.......Week 2  Hope to see more play action, 2 TE set  and huge runs by cam........if we  have offense success like 2011 with this year Defense we will make the playoff. 

Posted · Report post

On 3rd and 2 or 1...I would run Cam every single time.

Cam said it in a interview that even if its the obvious situation we still have to execute that play .......i think this offense needs to start imposing its will on the defense to finish of games. 

Posted · Report post

Keep in mind that the best play call in the world can't overcome linemen getting beat on their blocks as badly as Gross and Bell were beaten. 

Posted · Report post

Bounce it outside and thats a big gainer

Posted · Report post

Bounce it outside and thats a big gainer

Olsen really was not engaged with Chancellor, the defender on the outside, and most likely would have been a loss of yards either way. 

Posted · Report post

I'm gonna wait till this week to crucify him. He's not a fumbler historically. Likewise, Gregory does not have feet for hands historically.

I think there were lots of people,especially backs who had rough weeks. Simply not enough live bullets before the game IMO. We knew about not having Stew. We wanted to see KB and then broke him. Training camp is a shadow of its former self. Obviously we sheltered our starter.

There was one starter who rushed 100+. Alfred Morris ? David Wilson? Ridley? Martin? All run behind decent lines and struggled.

Russell Wilson is going to beat a lot of people. We had a shot at stealing one and did not allow ourselves to capitalize. That is a sting that will echo throughout the rest of the season for the winners that are on our roster.

I'm not happy either. I thought we had a great chance and I felt terrible watching it circle the drain for half a quarter. It sucked hard. I just believe that Greg and DWill will be better off playing with that SeaHag chip on their shoulders over the next few weeks.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

It's one play. It didn't pan out. Why the micro analysis?

Posted · Report post

Perhaps,  Shula might try doing something, oh, I don't know, unexpected with the play call.

You know, a PAP, a boot, a rollout, a slant.....or god forbid, put the QB under center, do a PAP and throw a long pass...something Unitas did decades ago, in case all of this is too revolutionary for Shula.

I know this is outrageous but think of the possibilities that do not involve calling a RB's # for a OL that is questionable.

Note to Shula:   'You play to win the game'.   You don't play to a scheme your players can't run.