Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

josh Freeman released..Bucs free fall continues...

88 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Cleveland.

Hoyer is limping.

that would be interesting, especially given chud's history with a certain mobile quarterback.

Posted · Report post

I would pull the trigger then. Freeman gets a chance to get back at that stupid franchise, pushes Cam in camp, can run the offense in the unfathomable chance that Cam gets hurt and he seems like a likable guy anyways

Agree with all of it except the last part.

Freeman is a fucking douche.

Posted · Report post

Browns need to sign him.

Weeden blows ass.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

For those of you contemplating a freeman signing here in Carolina probably haven't considered what the media would do to Cam if this actually happened.

Allow me to illustrate:

PANTHERS NOT SOLD ON NEWTON.

NEW GM ALREADY BRINGING IN A NEW QB IN CAROLINA

IS TIME RUNNING OUT FOR NEWTON IN CAROLINA?

FREEMAN COULD SPELL THE END FOR NEWTON IN CAROLINA.

Something along those lines.

Good point.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Jacksonville should already be calling him.

Seriously.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Everything went south for Freeman after this photoshoot.

1-2048X1219.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

And Peter King had the audicity to call us the worst in the NFC with this franchise exists.

Posted · Report post

Apparently Freeman's contract didn't include any offset language which means the Bucs have to pay his salary.
Ok, I stole that from twitter. Here you go
@caplannfl: Because there's no offset language in Freeman's contract, the Bucs still owe him the remainder of his contract.
@caplannfl: Plus, he'll get whatever he receives from the next team he signs with. Double-dip time.

Good for him. I hope he sues them too for disclosing his medical history!

Posted · Report post

Hoyer and EJ Manuel both injured. Josh Freeman must be watching this game with vodoo dolls. I'm surprised nfl.com is streaming the game live. Do they usually do that?

Posted · Report post

If I were the Browns or Jax, I'd be picking up the phone about right now.

Freeman will never be an elite QB, but he's capable. With the right team around him he could be successful.

Posted · Report post

Ya know, I thought this was gonna be the big story of the day... :unsure:

Posted · Report post

After watching the Bills/Browns game, if the Bills don't jump on Freeman, they are stupid.

Last night's game was the battle of the back QBs and the Bills need one STAT!!!

BTW, what is with coaches leaving the Panthers and finding much better success as head coach, Brown's coach, else where? What is this team doing with your coaches that they suck when they are in Carolina but step up when they are on other teams? The Panthers need to fix that menality fast.

Posted · Report post

We should worry about New Orleans. TB has no hope with mike glennon at QB

Posted · Report post

After watching the Bills/Browns game, if the Bills don't jump on Freeman, they are stupid.

Last night's game was the battle of the back QBs and the Bills need one STAT!!!

BTW, what is with coaches leaving the Panthers and finding much better success as head coach, Brown's coach, else where? What is this team doing with your coaches that they suck when they are in Carolina but step up when they are on other teams? The Panthers need to fix that menality fast.

Fox was a good coach while here and won the lottery in getting Peyton.

Too early to tell on Chud. He has some tough games coming up.

Posted · Report post

Fox was a good coach while here and won the lottery in getting Peyton.

Too early to tell on Chud. He has some tough games coming up.

He also had a hand in making Tebow appear like a normal QB. Why wasn't he able to do the same with Clausen and this team? Just curious to know. 

Posted · Report post

timmy's success is tied more to mike mccoy than fox which is why he was such a sexy head coach candidate

fox had much more control over playcalling and personnel here than he does in denver.  it's no coincidence that no matter what coordinators we had our offense and defense always looked almost exactly the same.

it's clearly peyton and elway's team in denver.  renting an expensive free agent quarterback is not fox's style at all and he's just along for the ride when it comes to that offense.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

also clausen was forced on fox and he was reportedly not much of a fan of matt moore either.  he absolutely did not care in 2010 and for good reason.

Posted · Report post

I see Freeman ending up with the Raiders, Jets, Bills, or Jags.

Posted · Report post

Browns have apparently said "not here".

Posted · Report post

And now, a word from Greg Schiano...

Bucs coach Greg Schiano told season ticket holders this morning that the Bucs were the laughingstock of the NFL and that's why he was hired.

There's a quote just screaming for a "FIFY"...

Schiano said to season ticket holders this morning this "situation needed Greg Schiano."

(link)

If he really spoke in third person... :lol:

Posted · Report post

I keep hearing "franchise QB" in regards to Josh Freeman. Boy, it doesn't take much to earn that label these days...

Freeman obviously has physical gifts, but take a closer look at his actual numbers:

2009: 30th in NFL passing

2010:   6th in NFL passing

2011: 26th in NFL passing

2012: 19th in NFL passing

2012: 33rd in NFL passing

Look even more closely at his "breakout" season of 2010:  He threw for a paltry 216 ypg on a team that finished 31st in the NFL in total offense. That Tampa team was pure run first, in fact they rushed for over 2000 yards and had a darn good defense. He can be credited with not throwing many interceptions and the team was good in the red zone, but it was definitely a "game manager" type season...not the season of an elite passer.

Now throw in this year...you can say what you want about Schiano, but Josh Freeman completely quit on his teammates...missing multiple team meetings and sleeping through through team photos...probably all calculated. Josh Freeman is a spoiled Prima Donna and a cancer in the locker room. If Joshy doesn't get his way...look out...His actual passing numbers are poor to mediocre and he is a head case. This is not a player any GM in his right mind wants to build a team around.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

He also had a hand in making The Golden Calf of Bristol appear like a normal QB. Why wasn't he able to do the same with Clausen and this team? Just curious to know.

I'd contend that one of the most ridiculous streaks of favorable breaks and opponent miscues that i've ever seen had an even bigger hand. Seriously, the crap that took place week after week to keep Denver in those games was jaw-dropping.

Posted · Report post

Awesome! We always play great against backup QBs...oh wait...

Posted · Report post

Freeman has always been overrated. Dude sucks

Posted · Report post

I keep hearing "franchise QB" in regards to Josh Freeman. Boy, it doesn't take much to earn that label these days...
Freeman obviously has physical gifts, but take a closer look at his actual numbers:

2009: 30th in NFL passing
2010: 6th in NFL passing
2011: 26th in NFL passing
2012: 19th in NFL passing
2012: 33rd in NFL passing

Look even more closely at his "breakout" season of 2010: He threw for a paltry 216 ypg on a team that finished 31st in the NFL in total offense. That Tampa team was pure run first, in fact they rushed for over 2000 yards and had a darn good defense. He can be credited with not throwing many interceptions and the team was good in the red zone, but it was definitely a "game manager" type season...not the season of an elite passer.

Now throw in this year...you can say what you want about Schiano, but Josh Freeman completely quit on his teammates...missing multiple team meetings and sleeping through through team photos...probably all calculated. Josh Freeman is a spoiled Prima Donna and a cancer in the locker room. If Joshy doesn't get his way...look out...His actual passing numbers are poor to mediocre and he is a head case. This is not a player any GM in his right mind wants to build a team around.

Stop it with the facts! We needs him in Carolina!!!