Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blackmon available for trade? EDIT: blackmon suspended for season

256 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Didn't help him up? This is why you don't want Blackmon in the locker room?

I remember the same thing happened to perennial nice-guy DeAngelo Williams last season. He accidentally ran into a camera or security guy, knocked him down, turned around, and ran back to the huddle. There are other people standing around. It's not the players' job to stand around and help up a security guard in the middle of a game. The show must go on.

I would be okay with trading a 3rd, maybe even a 2nd rounder for Blackmon. I don't see it as being very likely to happen, though. At all.

I didn't say that's why I didn't want him here. I put the information out there, since this is, ya know, a thread about Justin Blackmon.

Posted · Report post

I believe we have a great culture in our locker room.  Good enough to guide a troubled young player.  I wonder what his value is with all the screw ups?  2nd or 3rd rounder with a ton of clauses?

Will it happen?  Prob not

I do like Shorts teaming up with Proehl. 

Posted · Report post

How about we trade them the pick we got for Beason.  I think that's fair.

Posted · Report post

ill take him. he'll mature eventually and atleast he is not injury prone(Nicks). on top of that his contract is still in the rookie stages and he wouldnt be due a contract.

Posted · Report post

Blackmon scored like a 7 on the wonderlic and if you've ever listened/watched an interview with him....I'm surprised that dude can tie his shoes.

wonderlic means nothing chris gamble scored a 9 on it

Posted · Report post

wonderlic means nothing chris gamble scored a 9 on it

Yeah, Gamble isn't exactly the brightest crayon in the knife drawer either. 

Posted · Report post

But probably the best cornerback we've ever had, and definitely better than what we have now.  Gamble just got bored with football I think, if he focused like he did a couple of those seasons he could have been a top 5 CB (he was in a couple seasons).

Posted · Report post

Blackmon is a stud and a much much better player than Gordon. Blackmon on a good team could be Dez Bryant level

Posted · Report post

Gamble was smart enough to invest his money wisely and retire on his on terms. seems pretty damn smart to me

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

On a side note, how fuging awful is the Jaguars front office?

I get wanting to burn the poo down and start over, but you don't want to throw the baby out with the bath water. Blackmon is one of the only players worth a poo on that entire team

makes you wonder why they are interested in trading him, then, doesn't it.  Red flag, stay away.

Posted · Report post

This sounds like bullshit. PFT (really?) is literally the only place talking about this. I highly doubt this is legit.

Besides, I honestly would rather not even have the guy here. We don't need this in our locker room.

Anyone see him knocking down a security guard last week while he went out of bounds? He didn't even help the guy up.

blackmon-gif.gif

lol, it looks like he even lowered his shoulder into the poor guy.

Posted · Report post

Blackmon is quit possibly the dumbest person in the NFL.

But I'm sure he'd have no trouble learning our playbook, right? :unsure:

Let's trade multiple picks for him. And while we're at it, let's hire Marty Hurney back.

Posted · Report post

But probably the best cornerback we've ever had, and definitely better than what we have now.  Gamble just got bored with football I think, if he focused like he did a couple of those seasons he could have been a top 5 CB (he was in a couple seasons).

I never said that Blackmon, or Gamble for that matter, were bad players - quite the opposite, actually.

I was just making fun of Blackmon for being a special needs student. Let me have my fun. 

Posted · Report post

I never said that Blackmon, or Gamble for that matter, were bad players - quite the opposite, actually.

I was just making fun of Blackmon for being a special needs student. Let me have my fun. 

Haha, fair enough.  Gore had a 6 and M.Claibourne got a 4 I believe.

Posted · Report post

Intelligence is overrated.

Heck, Josh Norman isn't exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer, but it's not like he blew an assignment and cost us a game or something.

What could go wrong? :unsure:

Posted · Report post

As I always say - no do not want.

I know people on here are saying we don't pick good WRs from the draft, but we have a new GM. At least give him one draft to pick a WR and see what happens.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

a second for blackmon and a 3rd for gordon.

Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

One can only dream
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

If we bring him in then between blackmon and lafell the average IQ on this team will have a negative score

Posted · Report post

the test scores certainly do mean something.  The questions are extremely basic kinds of stuff, like 'What day comes after Tuesday?'  If you score below a 10, that means you either:

1) don't care and just filled out the form without reading the questions

2) are as dumb as a post

I don't want either one on my team, as neither is coachable.  Talent doesn't mean jack if you're not working with the team.

Posted · Report post

As I always say - no do not want.

I know people on here are saying we don't pick good WRs from the draft, but we have a new GM. At least give him one draft to pick a WR and see what happens.

Gettlemagic has proven extremely potent thus far.  I'm drinking whatever flavor of Kool-aid he serves up.

Posted · Report post

These are just unsubstantiated rumors.

Posted · Report post

Jags won't trade him

Posted · Report post

I cant wait for the trade deadline to pass

Sent from my SoftwinerEvb using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted · Report post

the test scores certainly do mean something.  The questions are extremely basic kinds of stuff, like 'What day comes after Tuesday?'  If you score below a 10, that means you either:

1) don't care and just filled out the form without reading the questions

2) are as dumb as a post

I don't want either one on my team, as neither is coachable.  Talent doesn't mean jack if you're not working with the team.

Or have a fear of taking tests and/or are terrible at them.

Many players with bad wonderlic scores have been great players.  Many with amazing wonderlics have been mediocre and bad players.  Is Fitzpatrick the best QB in the league?  

The positions where it truly matters is probably QB and O-line, where O-line is usually the smartest guys on the field.

Posted · Report post

Percy Harvin scored a 12, AJ Green scored a 10.