Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PFF Reaction Blog: Bell gave up half of QB disruptions

35 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Bell owes us all a pair of cleats.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Is this really news to anyone?

Posted · Report post

Think maybe Johnson wasn't ready to come back yet.  I didn't even see him near the QB.  Unsure what the excuse for Hardy is.  He should've dominated Charles Brown.  They better get this straight before we play in Charlotte.  

Posted · Report post

Our pass rush has been underwhelming considering the benefit they should get from having Star and Short taking up blockers. I hate that we've had to rely on secondary blitzes to generate pressure in a number of games lately, especially since everyone seemed ready to go nuts after the Giants game. It's been good but not great since.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Bell is the worst starting RT in the NFL.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Johnson risked more than we thought to be out there like Beason once did. I hope the message was worth it. Seems like not too much harm was done.

Posted · Report post

Smh...

I still don't know why they didn't try to find a guy who can actually play tackle and kick him inside to guard, to give him a fighting chance. I still think he lacks the speed/footwork to start period, but I think that can be masked with him on the inside.

Posted · Report post

At this point, could it get worse by putting someone else there?  I mean, really.

Posted · Report post

- The three lowest graded players were Byron Bell (-3.5), Greg Hardy (-2.5) and Charles Johnson (-2.4).

Posted · Report post

Yes, apparently it is to some here.

Posted · Report post

Curious... how did the Saints O line grade out in the 12 games prior to last night? iow, are they pretty good, or did they just play us well?

Posted · Report post

- The three lowest graded players were Byron Bell (-3.5), Greg Hardy (-2.5) and Charles Johnson (-2.4).

that new contract he's supposed to get is looking real enticing right now.

Posted · Report post

If Bell owed Rivera an apology after the Buffalo game he owes Rivera a BJ after this one... 

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Curious... how did the Saints O line grade out in the 12 games prior to last night? iow, are they pretty good, or did they just play us well?

I don't know but Brees had all day to hop around in the pocket like a baby rabbit.   A baby rabbit with a mole on his face.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Dunno about the rest of the line, but I believe their RT is graded as the best RT in the league...could be wrong

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I don't know but Brees had all day to hop around in the pocket like a baby rabbit.   A baby rabbit with a mole on his face.

Oh absolutely... on some plays I literally wondered where our D line disappeared to... Brees could have taken a shower, shaved and drank some coffee before he threw the ball.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

RAW_US-7_1093558133.jpg

HALF!

Posted · Report post

Good news is, Gettleman was most definitely in the building and saw how bad it was first hand.

No way Bell is not replaced next season.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Oh absolutely... on some plays I literally wondered where our D line disappeared to... Brees could have taken a shower, shaved and drank some coffee before he threw the ball.

We were giving average QB's too much time throughout the season. Last nights result cannot come as a shock, unfortunately.

Posted · Report post

I know, right.  I totally kept count of the number of QB disruptions charged to individuals and how many of those were charged to Bell.  Some of these fans aren't even trying.  

Posted · Report post

that is outrageous.

kick Chandler out and let Hangartner and Scott work at OG. it's worth exploring.

Posted · Report post

Think maybe Johnson wasn't ready to come back yet. I didn't even see him near the QB. Unsure what the excuse for Hardy is. He should've dominated Charles Brown. They better get this straight before we play in Charlotte.

Hardy was double teamed and Brees got rid of the ball quick.