Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kenny Britt visiting Carolina

268 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

So let me see if I got this right? We may, or may not, have interest in Britt. He may, or may not, have interest in playing here. He may, or may not be coming, had already been here, or he may not even have plans of coming here. But...If he does, and we do, we still don't want him?

You may or may not be right, but if you are, I'll never admit you are, but if you aren't, I'll make sure to point out this post in the future.

4 people like this

Posted · Report post

You may or may not be right, but if you are, I'll never admit you are, but if you aren't, I'll make sure to point out this post in the future.

Internet 101

Posted · Report post

No news on Britt could mean he is put on back burner while we check out options on D-Jax.

Not thrilled about either one frankly.  Can either be counted on by their teammates in crunch time?  Yes, we need warm bodies but if signing either one of these "distractions"  (i.e. freaking WR's) means we jeopardize long term contracts for core players I'm ok with draft and lesser FA's.

Posted · Report post

Where did he sign? :(

Nowhere as of yet.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Nowhere as of yet.

He's an asshole to keep the whole world waiting like this
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

I don't like his arrogance. Woooo where is the guy with major criminal issues in his past that is trying to prove he is worth the risk gonna land?!... The dick should be grateful he is even getting another chance. What a clueless dipshit.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

He's a patriot.

Posted · Report post

He's a patriot.

Link?

Posted · Report post

Panthers feel he is not a #1 and that is their only real need at WR right now.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Link?

No link, just my opinion from what I've heard. Like I'd almost bet a nut on it.

Posted · Report post

Given your sources, that's good enough for me.

Posted · Report post

Well they don't seem to be interested in DJax either so... where do they plan to find one?

It seems awful presumptuous to assume that we can just find a kid in the draft that is already number 1 caliber. AJ Greens don't come around often, and when they do they don't last until pick 28. And you shouldn't put all your eggs into the finding a Keenan Allen basket, who was like the 8th receiver taken.

That's not even covering the assumption that Cotchery will be a two for us (not a huge stretch, but not a given either) and that Pilares, McNutt, King, Underwood, or Webb can be a three when frankly at this point they're barely rosterable as receivers.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Cotchery and Underwood signings, I just don't like them so much that we stop looking elsewhere. Hopefully we have something else up our sleeve, but I'm unsure we do anything else until the draft.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted · Report post

If there's anyone I trust to get a weapon for Cam, it's G-Man. Say what you will about the Nicks controversy, but it revealed that Hakeem didn't want to be 'the guy'. That is LaFell-ish. I trust Dave's analysis.

This draft is deep at WR on top of it all.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

...maaaaan, korea is playing with missiles, russia is posturing, a whole plane is missing somewhere, and Wichita State just took an L...i promise the whole world isnt losing sleep over your decision. 

smh...shoulda never gave you (..) money...

We have a pretty long thread dedicated to where he might end up.

The third person reference is a little annoying though.  At least he left a smiley.  : )

Posted · Report post

Interesting.. I'm guessing they feel Cotchery is a #2 then

Posted · Report post

If there's anyone I trust to get a weapon for Cam, it's G-Man. Say what you will about the Nicks controversy, but it revealed that Hakeem didn't want to be 'the guy'. That is LaFell-ish. I trust Dave's analysis.

It's true.  It's not like Eli didn't have weapons while GMAN was there.

Posted · Report post

that and the scouting department that he was a part of in new york went around shaking trees and servicable receivers would fall out.

people can say what they want about his ego or how he handled the smith situation but i don't doubt his talent evaluation abilities in the slightest.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Interesting.. I'm guessing they feel Cotchery is a #2 then

Well if you compare what he did last year to Lafell, it would be hard not to figure him as our number 2.   I'm fine with it.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Remember that our #1 receiver is still on the team, too.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Well if you compare what he did last year compared to Lafell, it would be hard not to figure him as our number 2.   I'm fine with it.

I wasn't questioning the move.. I think he's more of a #3 but in our situation he'll work just fine at the 2 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I wasn't questioning the move.. I think he's more of a #3 but in our situation he'll work just fine at the 2 

From what I've heard Jets fans loved him and wanted to keep, as with the Steelers.  Seems like Cotchery is a guy who just might need more looks.  

Posted · Report post

Remember that our #1 receiver is still on the team, too.

I think that's a big part of it.

Posted · Report post

From what I've heard Jets fans loved him and wanted to keep, as with the Steelers.  Seems like Cotchery is a guy who just might need more looks.  

Fair enough.. He'll have plenty of them here lol. I loved the signing actually thought he was going to resign with the Steelers.

Posted · Report post

Fair enough.. He'll have plenty of them here lol. I loved the signing actually thought he was going to resign with the Steelers.

Gives me a little hope that he had his choice and he chose us.  I feel like it was a great bargain for us too.  You are right though....his window for being a number 2 is closing because he's getting older so he's not the long term answer, but he can probably provide us with the productivity we need for another 2 years.  It would wise for us to double up on a receiver with our 1st and our 3rd.

2 people like this