Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does Clowney scare you?

73 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Clowney is terrible defending the run and honestly has yet to face any NFL caliber OTs. So no I'm not affrade of him.

Posted · Report post

Clowney is terrible defending the run and honestly has yet to face any NFL caliber OTs. So no I'm not affrade of him.

Posted · Report post

Nope. He hasn't taken a snap in the NFL yet. But that won't stop NFL Network from already calling him a Hall of Famer before he's even drafted. lol

Posted · Report post

He doesn't scare me as much as the Falcons getting a legitimate O-Line would.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Clowney is the definition of overrated.  He will get abused in the NFL until he learns to keep his pad level down.  Dude stands straight up.

Posted · Report post

I think the guy as the physical attributes to be great.

B Bell at LT scares me  

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

you would be crazy not to be.  I think his ceiling is higher than anyone I have ever seen, including Pep.  Now we need to find out if hes soft.

Posted · Report post

Nope.

What scares me most is that we are missing multiple positions on the O line, and I'm not convinced that we can fix both the line and the WR issues this season.

Posted · Report post

His stats last year are skewed most teams changed there whole systems to avoid Clowney the chance to hurt there qb.
It's funny that people refuse to acknowledge this. I'm 100% sure that all the league sources saying "3 sacks, he sucks, he's lazy" are just trying to smoke screen and game the system so he drops. Teams ran almost every play away from him and he was regularly getting blocked by 3 men. So even without doing anything he had an enormous impact on the game. Clowney is a monster and will not be a bust. Not sure how people can't see that. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

It's funny that people refuse to acknowledge this. I'm 100% sure that all the league sources saying "3 sacks, he sucks, he's lazy" are just trying to smoke screen and game the system so he drops. Teams ran almost every play away from him and he was regularly getting blocked by 3 men. So even without doing anything he had an enormous impact on the game. Clowney is a monster and will not be a bust. Not sure how people can't see that. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

You have no basis to claim that he will not be a bust as if it's a fact. That's just as ignorant as people claiming that he will bust for sure. The truth is no one knows yet. The question is if you are scared of him. Personally, I can't see him being nearly as good as he has been hyped up to be, but I still don't want him in the division in case he develops into a top DE.

Some guys under perform, and other guys over perform. That's how you get a Jerry Hughes in the 1st, and a Greg Hardy 140 picks later.

Posted · Report post

I'm not Cam so that possibility doesnt scare me.  But I do think if he fell to them, that would be the best possible pick they can get, closely followed by the OT from TAM

Posted · Report post

How many guys come in on the defensive line and light things up their first year??  Not many.  So he could be a problem down the road but this year not so much.

Posted · Report post

Setting aside that the Panthers have no proven left tackle right now (position to be filled between now and September) does the prospect of facing Jadaveon Clowney - should he be drafted by the Falcons - twice a year scare you?

Is there another potential pick by the Falcons that scares you more?

Not this year....but 2 or 3 years after he develops watch out.

Doesn't mattter...he's going to Houston.

Posted · Report post

How many guys come in on the defensive line and light things up their first year??  Not many.  So he could be a problem down the road but this year not so much.

he'll have some good moments, but he will probably be someone to have to game plan around even this year.  hopefully for our sake he doesnt end up in our division

Posted · Report post

camescape.gif

they need the help

I remember being blown away by how talented Cam is on that play.  Unbelievable.  One of the most athletic plays by a qb I've ever seen.  Thank God we have him.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Clowney in atl. definitely scares me. The kid is an absolute beast. I hate having to help out on players. It takes someone out of the play to help out.

If he does not scare you. You haven't seen him play. Or you have ice in your pockets.

Posted · Report post

I saw alot of his games last year. He has crazy upside but he really lacks the consistency you would want in an elite pass rusher. Alot of times he would just disappear and there were quite a few games he wasn't that big of a factor. The media definitely has him overrated mainly based on the 40 time and other measurables. Go back and watch the film. He isn't as great as everyone made him out to be. 

Posted · Report post

I saw alot of his games last year. He has crazy upside but he really lacks the consistency you would want in an elite pass rusher. Alot of times he would just disappear and there were quite a few games he wasn't that big of a factor. The media definitely has him overrated mainly based on the 40 time and other measurables. Go back and watch the film. He isn't as great as everyone made him out to be. 

Take a closer look at how he was handled. Rarely was he ever 1on1 with a tackle. Teams would scheme to run away from him all game long, a better indication would be to compare his film from his sophomore season where he had another guy on the other side with some skill so he got more one on ones. But, that alone tells you what you need to know. Even when he's not personally handling an offense he's still in their minds something fierce forcing them to play a certain way to be successful.

Posted · Report post

Did facing peppers scare me? Nope

Posted · Report post

If the Texans don't take him, I believe there is a 99% chance we move up to get him at #2.

You could be right, y'all stupid like that.

See Julio Jones.

Posted · Report post

Clowney better hope he goes to the texas, where he would be the side kick to JJ WATTS.

If he's the only good pass rusher a defense has, that would be cause for celebration.

Posted · Report post

Absolutely. Even scarier than Cam couldn't zip past him. That takes our a major offensive game for us. a 4.4 defensive end playing us twice a year is a terrible thought. I really hope Atlantas sketchy GM can't get him.

Posted · Report post

Nah man we've got Byron Bell.