All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Chelsea Manning Confirms US Senate Run

anyway the point of all of this isn't to prove kindred is bad or especially bad or w/e because duh all private healthcare providers are known to be poo. but you cannot take hundreds of thousands of dollars from a clear opponent of any healthcare reform beyond a massive giveaway for the private sector in exchange for lobbying services during the absolute height of the healthcare debate while claiming to be "progressive."
  3. lol. Trump paid her off to not talk....now InTouch is releasing the 5000 word interview she did which spilled all the beans before she signed the NDA.
  4. He's had 16 different QB's I believe. Maybe more.
  5. So back when they both played at the same time, Fitz was #2 with the best career drop rate among active players....Smith was 110th. Even this year while playing with 3 different QBs he had 1 drop on 161 targets. How can you even argue this?
  6. Chelsea Manning Confirms US Senate Run

yikes kindred also gave max baucus $35,000 between 2005 and 2010. $15k for blanche lincoln in the 2006 cycle. holy poo bill nelson with $30k during the most recent cycle. interesting thing about nelson is he's one of the few democratic politicians kindred still funds today AND they really started dumping money into his campaigns AFTER he helped kill the public option. while kindred healthcare was paying democrats to kill the public option, they were giving her lobbying group hundreds of thousands of dollars for good strong progressive reasons im sure
  7. It could be that Ron thought Cam wasn't getting firm coaching, and decided to give him the firm coach with the tie issue. He picked a stupid fuging hill to die on, but it could explain the reason Ron took such a hardline stance on a small offense.
  8. Fanspeak 2018 free agency simulator

Really like this and I have that on mine as well. Stew has dropped a little this year but more on the offense than him. He lead the entire League in rushes into stacked boxes. With no threat in the pass game, it allowed teams to stack the box up. This along with Larsen at Center or Amini starting at OG, that didnt help Stew either. The one this id change though would be cut Kalil and sign Star. Kalil even if he agrees to restructure itll still be a lot because its a big contract, plus he's missed 16 games the last 2 seasons. Its time to draft someone in the first 3 rounds to replace him. That money you'd save from him could go to Star. While Star, everyone projects to get paid big $. He's a NT. NT get paid Waaay less then their fellow DTs that are pass rush rush DTs (there are only 10 DTs in 4-3 defenses getting atleast 10 a year and those are rush DTs). Brandon Williams became the Highest paid NT this year at 10.8 mil a year. Star isnt going to get quite that much, could Easily see him get 9-9.5 a year.
  9. Your ideal 2018 Super Bowl

Only because of the way The Good Place TV show storyline has played out this season, it would be amusing to see the Jaguars in and/or win the Super Bowl. agreed, anyone but patriots and eagles.
  10. He had Stanton, Max Hall, Kevin Kolb, Blaine Gabbert, John Skelton, Ryan Lindley, and a couple other single games thrown in here and there. He had a few clunkers in the mix too.
  11. Your ideal 2018 Super Bowl

Don't really care about NFC entrant, but really would prefer to not see the Patriots again. They're odds-on favorites once again, unfortunately.
  12. January 2017 Transfer Season

Never thought Fred would leave tbh. Would be a good depth signing for City tho.
  13. Your ideal 2018 Super Bowl

If the league were scripted, three of the final four quarterbacks left standing wouldn't be Nick Foles, Blake Bortles and Case Keenum. No one in their right mind would send Roethlisberger, Brees and Ryan home in favor of those guys.
  14. Chelsea Manning Confirms US Senate Run

lol now im in the weeds here. kindred healthcare was the third largest healthcare industry donor to kent conrad (right behind blue cross and davita, two champions of single payer healthcare lol) between 2003 and 2008. you may remember kent conrad as one of the democratic politicians who helped kill the public option. i wonder who else has been bankrolled by kindred for woke single payer reasons???? looking at their campaign contribution record, it appears as though kindred bankrolled democratics up until the ACA private mandate/giveaway was passed before switching to firmly supporting republican candidates (this switch occurred years before obama left office)
  15. spending high draft picks on skill players outside QB is antiquated. they need OL and DL. everything else can be fixed in free agency or with UDFA
  16. Nah man, not at all, i think that's what people get caught up on comparing Julio to Antonio Brown, AB is clearly better but julio has more size and athleticism. Steve smith was just better in every aspect regardless of athleticism, but his athleticism certainly made him better. His hands were slightly better than Fitz's in my opinion, but they were at least even, they were at least even in route running, although i think steve smith was better at that too, he was quicker out of his breaks, way better at come back routes, and more of a nightmare to match up with. you can say larry was even in a lot of aspects, but then what separates them IS steve smith's athleticism and intangibles that larry didn't have IE SS's KR ability.
  17. Your ideal 2018 Super Bowl

I guess Jags/Vikings with VIkings coming out on top. I do not want 2 weeks of Brady talk.
  18. Living in Hawaii in the age ot Trump

When I think about it, it might be hard to do so if we attempt to hit it as it were descending. Yet we have a chance to shoot it down closer to the area from where it's launched. Not too long ago, Japan was ready to shoot down a missile NK launched, but determined it was going to land in the ocean. (That was the missile test where people began to say NK could hit the mainland USA.) So it's possible to shoot down if Japan was ready to do so.
  19. Fanspeak 7 Round Mock

Used the bleacher report big board on this one because feel its more realistic at the moment Went Bpa at position of need. So the top prospect (at a position we need work on) on the the board at the time of pick with no trade. 24: R1P24 S RONNIE HARRISON ALABAMA 55: R2P23 C BILLY PRICE OHIO STATE 85: R3P21 WR ANTHONY MILLER MEMPHIS 88: R3P24 RB NICK CHUBB GEORGIA 163: R5P24 CB DONTE JACKSON LSU 201: R6P23 WR EQUANIMEOUS ST. BROWN NOTRE DAME
  20. Fanspeak 2018 free agency simulator

CUT Name Position Ryan Kalil C Greg Olsen TE Matt Kalil OT Jonathan Stewart RB Kurt Coleman S Thomas Davis LB Captain Munnerlyn CB Russell Shepard WR Charles Johnson EDGE Mike Adams S Fozzy Whittaker RB Cameron Artis-Payne RB Cole Luke CB Fred Ross WR SIGNED PLAYERS Name Position Cap Hit Andrew Norwell G 3,000,000 Ryan Kalil C 2,625,000 Matt Kalil OT 2,400,000 Thomas Davis LB 1,500,000 Cameron Artis-Payne RB 1,600,000 Le\'Veon Bell RB 9,100,000 Marqise Lee WR 6,300,000
  21. 2018 Offseason

I appreciate any comments. Positive or negative. If you notice anything incorrect let me know so I can adjust. I am going to update this as I go along. I have not yet included a Draft because it is WAY TOO premature. Ownership - ABD - Anyone But Diddy. I really have no opinion on who I would like to buy the team. That said, I have heard rumblings about possible new ownership moving the team outside of Charlotte. I do not think this is wise. I think the ACC would quickly remove their championship game from Bank of America. GM - Again, I cannot pretend to know the ends and outs of what it goes in to run a team. That said, I would not mind if we brought Marty Hurney back. Although I think new ownership might want a new face. Coaching - I was not a fan about the Norv Turner hiring, but what is done is done. Let's hope for the best. Looks like Steve Wilks is going to stay. I am not a huge fan of his either. Too much zones and untimely blitzing. I think his system needs a stronger secondary, which we are lacking. I was hoping the DA would retire and move into coaching for our team. It is still a possibility. Current Cap Space - According to Over the Cap we have $21,360,591 in cap space (middle of the pack) for 2018. I am not sure if this includes the 2018 season cap projection to rise to $178,000,000 or not. Cuts - Ryan Kalil - saves $7,500,000. Aging, injured, and just not worth that pay day. Jonathan Stewart - saves $3,750,000. See above. Russell Shepard - saves $2,150,000. Not reliable. The only plays I remember from him outside his week 1 touchdown were bad plays. Charles Johnson - saves $3,500,000. Thank you for your time, but no where near worth this money, and I do not even want to see him take a paycut. Right now he is worthless on the field. Wes Horton - saves $1,200,000. We will look to FA/Draft for more DE. Fozzy Whittaker - saves $1,150,000. Just not worth the $. Can find 100s of guys just like him. Kevon Seymour - saves $630,000. I mentioned him and Sanchez of the lesser guys because it is time to move on. Zack Sanchez - saves $555,000. See above. Maybe cut a few others, but this brings our cap to $39,395,591. Restructures - Just now learning more about this, but apparently we can only save so much on the cap by a restructure. These guys need to restructure. Matt Kalil - saves $345,000. Kurt Coleman - saves $1,342,500. I could see him actually being cut, but it would leave us too big a hole at a top hole. Captain Munnerlyn - saves $723,333. We save nothing by cutting so we have to restructure and cut next year. I am sure a view others will. Maybe Davis takes a pay cut in his final year to work toward a Super Bowl. Saving $2,066,178. Gives us $41,461,769 to spend on our guys and FA. Resignings - Andrew Norwell - the #1 priority this offseason is extending Norwell. Turner received a 4 year $45,000,000 deal. I expect Norwell to ask for the same if not a pinch more. I would give him the same deal. Can load his up with All-Pro incentives since he has already reached that and makes sense. Julius Peppers - Final year for Pep. Him and Davis retire together. 1 year $3,500,000. $500,000 signing bonus. Kaelin Clay - 2 year/ $2,000,000. Damiere Byrd - 2 year/ $2,750,000. Tyler Larsen - 4 year / $17,500,000. Michael Palardy - 3 year / $6,500,000. Notable non-resignings: Gano, Star, Bersin, Anderson (thinking he might retire and move toward coaching). Spend about $25,000,000 towards next year's cap on our current roster resignings. Free Agent Targets - Right now I am just going to list some targets. I do not expect us to target anyone extreme. WR - Allen Robinson, down year + injured season could lead to a smaller deal. Terrelle Pryor, disappointing season could make for a steal. Paul Richardson, guy is a burner. S - Morgan Burnett, I will spend the money any pay a premier S. Eric Reid, affordable. Draft - TBA
  22. Your ideal 2018 Super Bowl

23. Chelsea Manning Confirms US Senate Run

And MD does not need manning right now. We will always need groups to transition people from hospital to home care - and crap if a contract group commits fraud the government should go after them it does not negate that the need is there. Bottom line Mizeur has a STRONG legislative record on healthcare - she was not in federal government so points on ACA are moot. What she did for MD is advocate to bring healthcare to millions in need which served the people of this state. She did not use the state of MD to make a national campaign - she served the people and its citizens in need. Manning will distract from good strong progressives that have served and do serve this state.
  24. The Last Jedi *Spoilers*

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-fi/star_wars/box-office-star-wars-the-last-jedi-bombs-in-china-as-disney-pulls-it-from-theaters-a157088
  25. Living in Hawaii in the age ot Trump

It's essentially impossible to shoot down a capable ICBM if launched.
  26. Steve is more athletically gifted and I think that’s what you’re getting caught up on. Fitz can’t do the things smitty could do in his prime, but that doesn’t mean smitty is better than fitz overall.
  1. Load more activity

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    ericr0319