carolina-chuck added a article in Charlotte HornetsBobcats Select Michael Kidd-GilchristI'm jumping on this bandwagon now! Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, imo will be a STAR in the NBA. Probably the safest pick for us at no.2 also. Many believes MKG will make an immediate NBA impact. Gilchrist is an NBA ready player whose skills should help him start from day one. Some have think that he is an All-star waiting to happen. His work ethic is also tremendous. Someone who will do all the dirty work and clean up the mess.
MKG is not a great range shooter, but one who will drives hard to the basket and earn those hard points. He will only improve his shooting in the pros. A great defender and rebounder forward who would be a huge upgrade for us over guys like Derrick Brown, Thomas, Moon, Najera, and White. He will be someone who could defend guys like Lebron and Wade in the future. Many people think we need a big man or so, but HELL! every position is a need for us. We need help at every position. Can't go wrong taking a guy like MKG. Gilchrist should be our first priority to building a championship team for the future. He shows up every game with his intensity and never give up mentality. Will only help Kemba and Biyombo grows.
Gilchrist has been compared to guys like Gerald Wallace, Andre Iguodala, and Scottie Pippen.
Kentucky - Freshman (Born 1993)
- great size for the small forward position
- 6'10" wingspan
- elite defender who is good/big/long/athletic enough to guard multiple positions in the NBA
- relentless driver who is terrific at getting to the hoop and finishing
- extremely hardworking, intense player
- always gives 100% effort on both ends of the floor
- big game experience
- terrific rebounder for his position
- is a great scorer in transition which should translate well to the pros
- poor outside shooter - will need to improve his shooting range to keep NBA defenders honest
- still extremely young (won't turn 19 until September) so might not be ready to contribute immediately
- needs to work on his ball-handling
- probably doesn't project to be a "superstar"
*Andrei Iguodala/Gerald Wallace* - both in terms of playing style (do-it-all) and level of play (All-Star)
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist is probably the player who did the most to improve his draft stock this season (at least among the elite prospects). He now has a legitimate shot at being the second name called by David Stern in June. While he might not project to be a NBA superstar, he does look like an All-Star level player and a mainstay on the NBA's All-Defensive Team.
- 181 replies
- 8,763 views