Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Got any good NC ghost stories/urban legends?

53 posts in this topic

Posted

The Ole Bluff Cemetery in Wade is pretty creepy at night fishing off the bluff. A lot of paranormal groups go out there investigating. they say a guy freaked out and set fire to a church with the congregation locked inside. Everyone we have taken out there to fish off the bluff swears they hear voices and foot traffic all throughout the trails. It does sit right next to the Averasboro battleground. Some of the gravestones pre-date the revolutionary war too. I wouldn't call the place scary, but it is a bit creepy. If you know what you're doing you can catch catfish the size of 3rd graders out there.

2 people like this

Posted

I found an old shed in the woods once and when I walked in a Vulture flew into my face. scared the poo out of me.

I got nothing.

A few months ago a bird somehow got trapped in my house and I got it out leading it to outdoor light through the screen door. Two hours later, had to poo AND piss at the same time. Coincidence?

2 people like this

Posted

Sounds like you forgot we know who you are.

Oh snap!

1 person likes this

Posted

Picture0012Small.jpg

found this vid featuring Panthro

2 people like this

Posted

A few months ago a bird somehow got trapped in my house and I got it out leading it to outdoor light through the screen door. Two hours later, had to poo AND piss at the same time. Coincidence?

surely not.

1 person likes this

Posted

Go check out any plantation in NC or SC and you will find negative energy.

Unless you are G5 from the Tinderbox... Then the ghostly screams of pain sound like soothing ocean waves....

1 person likes this

Posted

Acid Park.

There are also unexplained booms and shaking that does not register on Richter scales.

I checked out a whole book about it from the library once.

There is also supposedly a civil war statue at the bottom of the creek in Washington NC, that causes paranormal activity.

Posted

No mention of the Vander Lights?

Posted

Lets hear it!

I PMed BigSkyPantherGuy the whole story. My copy and paste isn't working for some reason and I don't feel like typing all of that again so I asked him if he would post it for me

Posted

northcarolinaghosts.com Is a great site that shows a lot of the legends from different regions of NC. I have been to most of them. I also want to add the Old Henkelite Confederate Cemetery in Mount Pleasant. Really creepy  residual sounds of gunfire, rebel yells, and drums. Also once you get back to your car it is supposed to not start. Trust me, you don't want to get stranded out there.

The bleeding tombstone on Miami Church Road in Concord is pretty interesting. The story behind it is horrible and sad. Not to mention the barn that is right there has a lifesized puppet sitting up in the top of the barn in the open area rocking in a rocking chair wearing a saw mask. That's pretty scary to see. Back behind that there is a devil worshipping shack where a lot of disgusting sacrifices have taken place. Pretty gruesome scene.

1 person likes this

Posted

I can't find a decent picture of The Bleeding Tombstone other than one with just water on it? Is it supposed to have a red/bloodish tint or something? 

Posted

An anthology I'm trying for is centered around that prompt. I'd choose the other state, but Fat Ass living there makes Louisiana conceptually repugnant to me. I'm looking for something honestly scary I think; the one concentrated website I've found dedicated to such things is more weird tales and ghost stories, so, if anyone has something better to offer, I'm all eyes.

I've got some scary first hand poo from the USS North Carolina. My best friends uncle was the night security dude and would let us come onboard and dick around below the touristy level. Dude has first hand stories of getting held down by ghosts.

1 person likes this