Photo
- - - - -

Who is the most important player on the panthers defense?

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#31 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,764 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:10 PM

I think you are undervaluing star and what we do as a whole on defense.

a really good DT is under rated.

Star allows everyone to do what they need to do, with less resistance. If it were madden it would be like adding +3 to everyones overall. Star allows Luke to play at his full potential. Theres a lot more about football than stats

#32 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,562 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:11 PM

Lol what do you think kuechly is going to get?

Massive. But I don't think keek could reach his full potential without someone like star

#33 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,746 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:12 PM

Its our coaches! Rivera and Co. are defensive Gurus. Rivera has had a top defense EVERYWHERE he has been.

Now he has the opportunity to build the defense exactly as he wants to. He also is going to have more time to continue improving whereas before he ended up moving to a different team.

Star Lotulelei.

Defesne went to #10 to #2 with him and Kawann. I love Luke, great D-line play > great LB play

Hard to think that the defense went that far just due to those two.  I would think that having Luke start in the middle for the whole year, having Hardy have a break out season and picking up guys like Mitchell and some decent corners might also have a little to do with it.

#34 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,562 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:14 PM

Who were Ray Lewis' nts during his career?

Think about all the great mlb and what do they all have in common

#35 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,736 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Look at the D since Luke moved to the middle and the answer is obvious.

as long as it's luke's i'll look at the D any day

#36 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,764 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Hard to think that the defense went that far just due to those two.  I would think that having Luke start in the middle for the whole year, having Hardy have a break out season and picking up guys like Mitchell and some decent corners might also have a little to do with it.

lol no. absolutly not. just star.

jk youre right. Lets just say we have good pices, and we have a good coaching staff to orcastrate them.

i wonder if i spelled that right

#37 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,793 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:15 PM

Massive. But I don't think keek could reach his full potential without someone like star

True, but that's the nature of the DT position. Star replaced god awful players, so it's glaring the difference he made last year. Like I said, replace Star with just a decent DT and the defense doesn't drop off much. Replace Kuechly with an average MLB and the defense nosedives. Kuechly is the Peyton Manning of the defense. He is the leader. I love Star, I'd say he is second most important, but not even close to Kuechly's worth IMO.

#38 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,746 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:20 PM

a really good DT is under rated.

Star allows everyone to do what they need to do, with less resistance. If it were madden it would be like adding +3 to everyones overall. Star allows Luke to play at his full potential. Theres a lot more about football than stats

Star had a good year and will only get better.  But honestly Luke had a great year with nobodies in 2012.  So no Star didn't make Luke.  Luke was also great without him and would be even if he were not here.  That is the thing, we couldn't do without Luke but honestly we could be okay without Star. It is good we don't have to but he is not the glue like Luke is.

#39 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:21 PM

Star

#40 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,746 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:23 PM

lol no. absolutly not. just star.

jk youre right. Lets just say we have good pices, and we have a good coaching staff to orcastrate them.

i wonder if i spelled that right

You and Rum are out in left field.  You obviously confuse a good piece of the puzzle with the keystone of the puzzle. You don't get to the NFL MVP without being the best player on your team as well as on most other teams as well.  And that is voted by a consensus of folks not just my opinion.

#41 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,562 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:35 PM

You and Rum are out in left field. You obviously confuse a good piece of the puzzle with the keystone of the puzzle. You don't get to the NFL MVP without being the best player on your team as well as on most other teams as well. And that is voted by a consensus of folks not just my opinion.

I'm not confusing anything but congrats on being condescending like usual. I have a different way of looking at it. You don't agree. Ok. And again best player is not the same as most important

#42 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:39 PM

Its funny that you could say Star and probably be right just as much as you could say Luke and be right. Good argument to have, its one of those two. They are both elite.

#43 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:46 PM

Generally speaking, a great DE carries more value than a great defensive tackle, who in turn carries more value than a LB.

Luke is an exception to the rule. He makes everyone on our defense work as a unit, and you add that to his exceptional talent and instincts and he becomes the most important cog in our D.

We've seen that neither CJ nor Hardy can single-handedly improve a D, at least to a significant degree. I don't believe Star could do it alone either. But there is no doubt that our D was instantly better once Luke became our starting MLB. He is just a really special player.

#44 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,746 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:47 PM

I'm not confusing anything but congrats on being condescending like usual. I have a different way of looking at it. You don't agree. Ok. And again best player is not the same as most important

The point is that isn't just me but virtually everyone else who agrees that Luke is the most important person which is why he was the NFL DPOY.  Ask any Panther player who is the most important player on the defense and they would say Luke.  That includes Star himself, I suspect.

If I am condescending you are argumentative and pigheaded.  Don't know you have room to be casting many stones.  

#45 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,562 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:49 PM

The point is that isn't just me but virtually everyone else who agrees that Luke is the most important person which is why he was the NFL DPOY. Ask any Panther player who is the most important player on the defense and they would say Luke. That includes Star himself, I suspect.

If I am condescending you are argumentative and pigheaded. Don't know you have room to be casting many stones.

Ok cool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com