Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falcons Wanting to Move Up For Clowney

68 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I think ATL would be razed within 24 hours if Dimitroff does that.

Dmitroff >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sherman

Posted · Report post

I truly hope that the Falcons give up many picks IF this happens.

My personal belief however is that Atlanta is playing games about moving with Houston to number 1.

Posted · Report post

Let them move up and give away next year's 1st rounder. Unfortunately we have no starting LT on our roster.

They are only moving up 5 spots. Not sure, but I don't think it would cost them that much to move up. Maybe 2 2nds, or this years 2nd, and next years 4th. They are still adding the #6 pick to the pot. They will be giving something away, what that entails is yet to be determined.

Two things about this for me. 1. I don't want him in our Division. 2. I hope atl. over pays to get him. The more picks the better for me.

Posted · Report post

They are only moving up 5 spots. Not sure, but I don't think it would cost them that much to move up. Maybe 2 2nds, or this years 2nd, and next years 4th. They are still adding the #6 pick to the pot. They will be giving something away, what that entails is yet to be determined.

Two things about this for me. 1. I don't want him in our Division. 2. I hope atl. over pays to get him. The more picks the better for me.

Where was washington picking when they gave up 2 1st for RG3(Serious question, I really don't remember).

Posted · Report post

So what might it cost their first second, third this year and first next year and another third

Posted · Report post

Massive. But I don't think keek could reach his full potential without someone like star

I get that you think Star is the man that makes the engine go. He does have an impact on the rest of the line, as well as the second level as well.

But saying Keek wouldn't reach his peak without Star is a reach. Cuz, Keek just ballz out. It takes everyone on the front four to play well for the LB corp. to look good. Keek is one of the bestest Defensive players in the league. Star is going to be a beast. We just have to suffer the consequences of even having this debate on who is more important. Who has more talent. Who is best.

Where was washington picking when they gave up 2 1st for RG3(Serious question, I really don't remember).

They went 10-6, so I would guess they were picking right around 20th or so. So they moved up close to 20 spots. That is why they had to pay so much.

This time atl. is only moving up 5 spots. I don't see it costing much more than a couple of picks. Where those picks are? Nobody knows yet.

Posted · Report post

I get that you think Star is the man that makes the engine go. He does have an impact on the rest of the line, as well as the second level as well.

But saying Keek wouldn't reach his peak without Star is a reach. Cuz, Keek just ballz out. It takes everyone on the front four to play well for the LB corp. to look good. Keek is one of the bestest Defensive players in the league. Star is going to be a beast. We just have to suffer the consequences of even having this debate on who is more important. Who has more talent. Who is best.

They went 10-6, so I would guess they were picking right around 20th or so. So they moved up close to 20 spots. That is why they had to pay so much.

This time atl. is only moving up 5 spots. I don't see it costing much more than a couple of picks. Where those picks are? Nobody knows yet.

No they went like 5-11 they were picking like 8th or something

Posted · Report post

Redskins traded 6th to 2nd. 4 spots
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

garbage defense

garbage offensive line

mediocre QB

one of their best weapons on offense just retired

coming off a 4-12 season

sure, you guys are just one piece away! go ahead and trade your whole draft away for one player!

lulz

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

It's reports saying there staying put but it's no telling.

Posted · Report post

That's wrong. The Redskins moved up from the 6th pick to the 2nd pick, and gave up: that 6th overall pick, their 2nd rounder that year, 1st rounder in 2013, 1st rounder in 2014.

Posted · Report post

Hope they do it, then I hope he busts. 

Posted · Report post

Well stated.

As good a WR as Julio Jones is, I don't know if he's added so much value to that team to make up for the extra picks, potential starters, and depth they gave up to get him.

I'd love to see the same ol' poo happen here. 

If your team is stacked and you are missing that one player it may be worth it but the Falcons need help in several positions.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I can't wait to see them blow through a mountain of draft picks to land this dude and then he decides to take 3 years off and chill until it's a contract season

Posted · Report post

That's wrong. The Redskins moved up from the 6th pick to the 2nd pick, and gave up: that 6th overall pick, their 2nd rounder that year, 1st rounder in 2013, 1st rounder in 2014.

Yup. Note though that each draft is different. While falcons wouldn't have to pay nearly that to move up, no way they do so without 2015's first round pick at a minimum. Most likely this year's 2nd as well.

Posted · Report post

I did my research on the Skins trade, and still got it wrong. I need a break. From what? I ain't exactly sure.

Posted · Report post

Clowney is Peppers 2.0....

yeah, there is bad associated with that....but we defiantly don't want that type beast in our division.