Please, Falcan'ts... PLEASE sacrifice draft picks to move up for Clowney! :lol:

#48 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,476 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:33 PM

This.  Even if Clowney ends up being great, the trade probably won't end up being worth what they have to give up. Kind of like the Julio Jones trade.  They undeniably got a great WR out of it, but they had to give up a ton to get him.  A franchise QB is really the only position that makes sense to move up for in the top 10 or so picks.  That's the only position that provides the necessary impact on the field to justify it.

Well stated.

As good a WR as Julio Jones is, I don't know if he's added so much value to that team to make up for the extra picks, potential starters, and depth they gave up to get him.

I'd love to see the same ol' poo happen here. 

#49 Haplo E

Haplo E

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:34 PM

Let them move up and give away next year's 1st rounder. Unfortunately we have no starting LT on our roster.

#50 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,383 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:37 PM

Clowney will be drafted #1....the Falcons will be the ones to draft him.

Worst kept "secret" in the NFL. It's a lock, trust me.......I know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy.

I've only been wrong once in my life and now she has half of everything I used to own and even kept my dog but I digress.....Clowney will be a Falcon.

or maybe a Texan

I think I know that guy. Met him at that place, with those guys, when that thing was happening. Or, maybe it was his brother. I always get those two mixed up.

#51 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,476 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:39 PM

I think ATL would be razed within 24 hours if Dimitroff does that.

Dmitroff >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sherman

#52 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,701 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:44 PM

I truly hope that the Falcons give up many picks IF this happens.

My personal belief however is that Atlanta is playing games about moving with Houston to number 1.

#53 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:53 PM

Let them move up and give away next year's 1st rounder. Unfortunately we have no starting LT on our roster.

They are only moving up 5 spots. Not sure, but I don't think it would cost them that much to move up. Maybe 2 2nds, or this years 2nd, and next years 4th. They are still adding the #6 pick to the pot. They will be giving something away, what that entails is yet to be determined.

Two things about this for me. 1. I don't want him in our Division. 2. I hope atl. over pays to get him. The more picks the better for me.

#54 Haplo E

Haplo E

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:00 PM

They are only moving up 5 spots. Not sure, but I don't think it would cost them that much to move up. Maybe 2 2nds, or this years 2nd, and next years 4th. They are still adding the #6 pick to the pot. They will be giving something away, what that entails is yet to be determined.

Two things about this for me. 1. I don't want him in our Division. 2. I hope atl. over pays to get him. The more picks the better for me.

Where was washington picking when they gave up 2 1st for RG3(Serious question, I really don't remember).

#55 MrBubba

MrBubba

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:02 PM

So what might it cost their first second, third this year and first next year and another third

#56 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:55 PM

Massive. But I don't think keek could reach his full potential without someone like star

I get that you think Star is the man that makes the engine go. He does have an impact on the rest of the line, as well as the second level as well.

But saying Keek wouldn't reach his peak without Star is a reach. Cuz, Keek just ballz out. It takes everyone on the front four to play well for the LB corp. to look good. Keek is one of the bestest Defensive players in the league. Star is going to be a beast. We just have to suffer the consequences of even having this debate on who is more important. Who has more talent. Who is best.

Where was washington picking when they gave up 2 1st for RG3(Serious question, I really don't remember).

They went 10-6, so I would guess they were picking right around 20th or so. So they moved up close to 20 spots. That is why they had to pay so much.

This time atl. is only moving up 5 spots. I don't see it costing much more than a couple of picks. Where those picks are? Nobody knows yet.

#57 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,263 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:17 PM

I get that you think Star is the man that makes the engine go. He does have an impact on the rest of the line, as well as the second level as well.

But saying Keek wouldn't reach his peak without Star is a reach. Cuz, Keek just ballz out. It takes everyone on the front four to play well for the LB corp. to look good. Keek is one of the bestest Defensive players in the league. Star is going to be a beast. We just have to suffer the consequences of even having this debate on who is more important. Who has more talent. Who is best.

They went 10-6, so I would guess they were picking right around 20th or so. So they moved up close to 20 spots. That is why they had to pay so much.

This time atl. is only moving up 5 spots. I don't see it costing much more than a couple of picks. Where those picks are? Nobody knows yet.

No they went like 5-11 they were picking like 8th or something

#58 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,263 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:19 PM

Redskins traded 6th to 2nd. 4 spots

#59 Rise of The Hive

Rise of The Hive

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:40 PM

Still not worried.

#60 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 9,095 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:27 PM

garbage defense

garbage offensive line

mediocre QB

one of their best weapons on offense just retired

coming off a 4-12 season

sure, you guys are just one piece away! go ahead and trade your whole draft away for one player!

lulz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com