#1 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,175 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:56 PM

Todd McShay was just on ESPN saying we should package a couple later picks and move up in front of the Eagles and Chiefs to select the third or fourth best receiver meaning Odell Beckham or Brandin Cooks. Mentioned that there's a good chance 6-7 WRs are off the board before we pick and that there could be a run on tackles too.

That being said, I am still weary of giving up picks most likely because of the Hurney era and I am not sure that it's Gettleman's style.

Theoretically, if Gettleman and the front office are 100% confident that Beckham Jr or Cooks is "our guy" and fits, would you support moving up and giving up something like a 3rd and 5th rounder to go from the late to early twenties? FWIW, we have met with both Cooks and Beckham Jr.

#2 Carolina_Crazy

Carolina_Crazy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:59 PM

I wouldn't its tons of WR in this draft. The only WR i would move up for is Sammy an Mike Evan an thats not going to happen.

#3 Mojo

Mojo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:00 PM

I'd prefer to trade back, but at this point I'm putting full faith in the staff.  If they feel it's the right move then I'm all for it.  I trust Gettleman knows what he's doing if that's the decision he makes.  I don't anticipate it actually happening though.

#4 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,669 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:01 PM

A WHOLE PIE!

We need picks. I don't think we are in a position to mortgage the future.

#5 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,606 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:01 PM

If there's an opportunity to move up a couple of spots to grab the right guy that's slipping, then by all means go for it.  The most I think we'd go for is to jump up to #26 to leapfrog the Saints since the Saints also have a definite need at WR.  I'm just not sure if that's feasible though since the Browns have #26 and they very well could be targeting a QB with that pick. 

#6 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,169 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:02 PM

No. Idiotic. Don't trade more picks to move up for anybody. You never know how players are going to be in the NFL so you don't give up a lot for them. Sit at 28 and take the best player available. Good thing Gettleman is smarter than that idiot mcshay

#7 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,175 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:04 PM

We need picks. I don't think we are in a position to mortgage the future.

I'm saying how would you feel about moving up 7-8 slots. Giving up a couple mid-late round picks isn't going to jeopardize our future if we get our guy and he turns out as expected. Just trying to weigh all options and get some discussion going.

#8 ctrcat

ctrcat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:06 PM

If there's an opportunity to move up a couple of spots to grab the right guy that's slipping, then by all means go for it.  The most I think we'd go for is to jump up to #26 to leapfrog the Saints since the Saints also have a definite need at WR.  I'm just not sure if that's feasible though since the Browns have #26 and they very well could be targeting a QB with that pick. 

If Cleveland IS targeting a QB, then they may not mind moving back two spots for some compensation since the Saints won't be drafting their targeted QB.

#9 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,606 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:08 PM

If Cleveland IS targeting a QB, then they may not mind moving back two spots for some compensation since the Saints won't be drafting their targeted QB.

True.  Didn't think about that. 

I just think if they're targeting a QB and he's there at #26, they'll take him.  I doubt they'd risk trading down and running the risk of a team jumping up and leapfrogging them by swinging a deal with N.O.

#10 El Chingon

El Chingon

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:09 PM

Gettleman is not Marty Hurney, he will not fug up our draft.

#11 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,175 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:09 PM

If there's an opportunity to move up a couple of spots to grab the right guy that's slipping, then by all means go for it. The most I think we'd go for is to jump up to #26 to leapfrog the Saints since the Saints also have a definite need at WR. I'm just not sure if that's feasible though since the Browns have #26 and they very well could be targeting a QB with that pick.

Yeah I could see us leapfrogging the Saints too in the event Latimer and/or Lee are on the board because the Saints must be targeting them as well. Browns could still get their QB at 28.

#12 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,119 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:10 PM

Not Gettleman's style.

#13 MrBubba

MrBubba

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:10 PM

If we could cut a deal with say Green Bay for spot 21 ahead of Eagles and pick up Cooks(or whomever), if FO feels Cooks is the man and trade 28 and our 3rd rounder would be fine with it. (Note that trade would be tilted slightly in Panthers, but trade value is pretty close)

#14 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,606 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:11 PM

Not Gettleman's style.

Because we know so much about his style after one draft.  You can't read anything into a GM's "style" by what he says.  So much smoke and mirrors leading up to the draft.

#15 Danimal

Danimal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill, NC

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:11 PM

If it was up to me, the Panthers would never trade up in the draft again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com