• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#31 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,794 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:51 PM

Two days was perfect. I used to watch from start to finish. When it went to 3 days, I only watch the first 2 days, then follow the 3rd online. If it goes to 4 days, I'll probably still only watch the first 2 days and follow the final 2 days online.

The NFL honestly doesn't care if anyone watches after the first day or two, they have enough negotiating power with networks and advertisers that they can still demand top dollar from them for all 4 days. Hence the desire to push it to 4 days.

#32 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 18,433 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:52 PM

Goodell is a fuging moron. Worst commissioner ever.

#33 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • 6,849 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:54 PM

The problem is, if it goes to 4 days, I'll still watch it. :(

#34 Jimmy

Jimmy

Beer Me

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,282 posts
  • LocationOn A Mother F'ing Boat

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:54 PM

2ivo4di.jpg

#35 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,794 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:56 PM

Goodell is a fuging moron. Worst commissioner ever.

He really is. I think Mark Cuban is right, at some point you've saturated the market for your product and interest will begin to wane. Especially among the casual fans.

#36 QCkilla

QCkilla

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationQueen City

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:01 PM

LOL at people who think Goodell is a bad commissioner. He's done a lot of things I don't like but his job is to improve the bottom line which he has done. Plus, he doesn't make many unilateral decisions like a lot of y'all think he does.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#37 Mighty Mite

Mighty Mite

H.O.F Cats Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • LocationDouble Snow Land

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:01 PM

I just want to say it again, this guy's gonna ruin this sport! How can we stop him?

#38 QCkilla

QCkilla

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationQueen City

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:02 PM

He really is. I think Mark Cuban is right, at some point you've saturated the market for your product and interest will begin to wane. Especially among the casual fans.

Interest is growing.

#39 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,794 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:03 PM

Interest is growing.

Housing prices kept going up until the bubble popped too.

#40 Mighty Mite

Mighty Mite

H.O.F Cats Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:05 PM

LOL at people who think Goodell is a bad commissioner. He's done a lot of things I don't like but his job is to improve the bottom line which he has done. Plus, he doesn't make many unilateral decisions like a lot of y'all think he does.

What he's done successfully only is improving the revenue of this league, which I don't give a poo.

If changing some exciting parts of this sport into lame and not-that-exciting things is what a commissioner does, everyone could manage it.

#41 QCkilla

QCkilla

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationQueen City

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:06 PM

Housing prices kept going up until the bubble popped too.

You just compared investments in real estate from shady loans that couldn't be paid back to popularity. There's no popularity bubble. I agree that the NFL could over saturate the market but, as of right now, it's not happening. At least not to the point of being detrimental.

#42 QCkilla

QCkilla

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationQueen City

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:08 PM

What he's done successfully only is improving the revenue of this league, which I don't give a poo.

If changing some exciting parts of this sport into lame and not-that-exciting things is what a commissioner does, everyone could manage it.

When the players union won't waive the right to sue for injuries that show up 30 years down the line (which I don't think they should do, either) what's he supposed to do? They have to do everything they can from a liability standpoint to protect themselves.

#43 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,794 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:10 PM

You just compared investments in real estate from shady loans that couldn't be paid back to popularity. There's no popularity bubble. I agree that the NFL could over saturate the market but, as of right now, it's not happening. At least not to the point of being detrimental.

All I'm saying is that everything has a limit. If you keep pushing it, you'll eventually find it. If you want a better example, look at the UFC. It was booming in popularity a few years ago, but too many cards and a watered down talent pool from the number of cards has interest and viewership slipping.

#44 Mighty Mite

Mighty Mite

H.O.F Cats Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:15 PM

When the players union won't waive the right to sue for injuries that show up 30 years down the line (which I don't think they should do, either) what's he supposed to do? They have to do everything they can from a liability standpoint to protect themselves.

So the expansion of playoff teams is to protect players? The plan to add regular games is also to protect players?

#45 QCkilla

QCkilla

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationQueen City

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:16 PM

All I'm saying is that everything has a limit. If you keep pushing it, you'll eventually find it. If you want a better example, look at the UFC. It was booming in popularity a few years ago, but too many cards and a watered down talent pool from the number of cards has interest and viewership slipping.

I absolutely agree with you. But he hasn't done it yet and the NFL is smart enough not to do it. Cuban just wishes they would because he's jealous since he doesn't make nearly as much money as NFL owners do off of their teams.
And UFC isn't football, let's be real here. They're not gonna expand the league to 75 teams...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com