Photo
- - - - -

Gettlemen/Giant's history drafting O-line high?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:33 PM

I don't have time to research this but wasn't there discussion last year about how Gettlemen/The Giants never drafted many O-lineman that high?

I just felt like throwing that out there for everybody that likes to speculate.

#2 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,132 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:35 PM

It wasn't Gettleman's decision, he wasn't the GM of the Giants.

#3 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,098 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:37 PM

I don't understand how this keeps getting missed.

#4 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,304 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:41 PM

During his 12 yrs there, the Giants only drafted like 4 Olineman total during the first three rounds of all the drafts

#5 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,929 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:58 PM

This is like the 5th thread on this

#6 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,793 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:03 PM

zoolander.jpg

#7 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:34 PM

While this is true, he was a valued member of the staff and would have had some input on these things. Also, he likely holds some of the same values/tendencies of his mentors and former bosses, That also cannot be ignored, product of our environment.

#8 Draconus

Draconus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:43 PM

Not a good example, because the Giants Oline hasn't been that good.  Both years they won the Super Bowl they stumbled into the playoffs. Plus Eli is generally one of the most sacked quarterbacks each year.  While Cam is obviously quite a bit more mobile, this doesn't mean we should ignore the line.

#9 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 5,173 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:47 PM

Not a good example, because the Giants Oline hasn't been that good.  Both years they won the Super Bowl they stumbled into the playoffs. Plus Eli is generally one of the most sacked quarterbacks each year.  While Cam is obviously quite a bit more mobile, this doesn't mean we should ignore the line.

Also, this.

Both of those Giants SB wins are two of the more fluky SB wins in recent history.  Eli got years taken off of his career from the beating he took last season behind that god awful OL.  If Cam didn't have his mobility, we'd be saying the same about him.  Hell, even with his mobility he's taking way too many hits.

#10 Strawman

Strawman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationKissimmee FL

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:25 PM

Perhaps it overlooked because he spent the year on IR, but in Gettlemans first draft, he took Kugbilla in the second round. So I don't think you can forecast anything from what NY did while he was director of player personnel under Acorsi.

#11 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 5,173 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:28 PM

Perhaps it overlooked because he spent the year on IR, but in Gettlemans first draft, he took Kugbilla in the second round. So I don't think you can forecast anything from what NY did while he was director of player personnel under Acorsi.

4th round does not equal 2nd round.

#12 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,228 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:36 PM

I think you're getting Silatolu (2012 draft) confused with Kugbillia (Last year's draft.) 2012 was Hurney

#13 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,940 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:37 PM

I wonder what they're expecting to get out of kugbila this year, hoping he at least competes at RG

#14 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 5,173 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:39 PM

I wonder what they're expecting to get out of kugbila this year, hoping he at least competes at RG

I hope so, but Zod watches plenty of practices and doesn't expect much out of Kugbila.  Then again, Terrell McClain was gonna be a perennial All-Pro...

If Kugbila can't at least compete for PT at OG this year given our roster, then I doubt he ever will to be honest.

#15 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,940 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:41 PM

I hope so, but Zod watches plenty of practices and doesn't expect much out of Kugbila. Then again, Terrell McClain was gonna be a perennial All-Pro...

If Kugbila can't at least compete for PT at OG this year given our roster, then I doubt he ever will to be honest.

To be fair he only had one training camp practice before he went on IR. but yea this year he should have good a chance as any.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com