Photo
- - - - -

Gettlemen/Giant's history drafting O-line high?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,063 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:42 PM

Doesn't matter what the Giants did because Gettleman never called the shots.

#17 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,208 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:43 PM

I think anything we can get out of Kugbilla is going to be considered a positive. Even including play time in the preseason.

That being said, you can't base Gettleman's draft history on what the Giants did or didn't do.

#18 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,895 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:56 PM

I don't think Gettleman was the guy that made coffe there or anything.  He was part of the discussions and was brought here to bring their philosophy to the Panthers.  So yeah, I think it is fair to look at what the Giants did in his 12 years there.

#19 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,208 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:04 PM

I don't think Gettleman was the guy that made coffe there or anything. He was part of the discussions and was brought here to bring their philosophy to the Panthers. So yeah, I think it is fair to look at what the Giants did in his 12 years there.

He was the director of pro personnel. His job was to have input, and scout, on free agents and other teams' players.

So no, it wasn't like he "made coffee", but he also had more on his plate than college scouting.

#20 sanjay_rajput

sanjay_rajput

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts
  • Locationstarkville, ms

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:04 PM

During his 12 yrs there, the Giants only drafted like 4 Olineman total during the first three rounds of all the drafts

There are many ways to build the Offensive Line. The 49ers have drafted high, and know have one of the best OL in the NFL

#21 Strawman

Strawman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationKissimmee FL

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:51 PM

Yeah that's right. I forgot Short was the second round pick, and Kug was a 4.

#22 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,501 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:53 AM

While this is true, he was a valued member of the staff and would have had some input on these things. Also, he likely holds some of the same values/tendencies of his mentors and former bosses, That also cannot be ignored, product of our environment.

He's said himself that his job during the draft was to man the phone for trades.  I don't think he had much input on college kids with the Giants.  Nothing about the Giants' draft tendencies is remotely indicative about Gettleman's plans or philosophies.  He also has more former bosses than the Giants...

I'm on the "WR in the 1st" train, but I wouldn't be even a little surprised if he took an OT.  I would just hope it's the right one, that can play LT if there's such a guy available at 28.

#23 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,173 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:31 AM

G-man was the pro scouting director, so you can't guess what he's going to do in the draft based on what the Giants did when he was there. 

#24 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,263 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:44 AM

While this is true, he was a valued member of the staff and would have had some input on these things. Also, he likely holds some of the same values/tendencies of his mentors and former bosses, That also cannot be ignored, product of our environment.

Or maybe he thought they were idiots foe not doing so. Or maybe they never needed to....

#25 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,661 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:43 PM

he was evaluating talent. that was his job.
He helped set up their board also. Outside of that, I doubt he had any input on actual picks.
GMs handle that, with any input coming from coaches.

#26 Rise of The Hive

Rise of The Hive

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,057 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:18 PM

I wouldn't mind going OL at 28 if we can get Jordan Matthews in the second.

#27 heel31ok

heel31ok

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,056 posts
  • LocationEasley, SC

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:08 AM

well the giants suck now so hope he isn't too attached to those values and tendencies.

#28 dugbug

dugbug

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:08 AM

Lol guys we are drafting an o lineman in the first. I mean a perfect storm would have to arrive for him not to

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#29 the_philosopher

the_philosopher

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:57 AM

Well, I don't know why it would make him more or less likely to draft an o-line player, but he better not smoke up during the draft this year.

#30 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,621 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:19 AM

I wonder what they're expecting to get out of kugbila this year, hoping he at least competes at RG

Coming from a small school and having very little practice I doubt they have great expectations. He was a project entering the draft.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com