panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:40 PM

I don't want Rudy Gay, at all.

Look how Toronto turned their season around once they traded him. As talented as he is, Gay just seems like a liability.

#47 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:18 PM

I want Greg Monroe. I front court of Al, Monroe, and Mkg would do work

#48 Mike

Mike

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:00 PM

I don't want Rudy Gay, at all.

Look how Toronto turned their season around once they traded him. As talented as he is, Gay just seems like a liability.

It is true that Toronto turned their season around once they traded him. But by getting rid of him that allowed Lowry and DeRozan to take the 1-2 scoring roles on the team. They became a lethal double act because of the increased role, and then they had a talented supporting cast. It was a surprise to see how good they became, but they did have a talented roster that should have been contending for a play off spot at the start of the season. 

In regards to us, if it came down to a free agent SF I would rather see us sign Luol Deng. He brings defense and he's a relatively productive scorer averaging in the teens. But Rudy Gay is an explosive player and a scorer. In Sacramento's system he has been a productive player. He isn't an all star player, but he is one of those borderline guys [like Jefferson] that could have a positive impact on the team in Clifford's system. There were doubters on this board when we signed Jefferson, and despite concerns over his defense, he has been part of the reason we improved into one of the best units in regular season. It is possible that he could get the best out of Rudy Gay as well.

I want Greg Monroe. I front court of Al, Monroe, and Mkg would do work

Agreed, Greg Monroe has the ability to be one of the better centers in the league. He hasn't really taken a step forward this season, but with how dysfunctional the Pistons have been, he could do well on our team. Put him at center, Jefferson at power forward, and either MKG or a rookie at small forward, and I think we'd improve on our record this season. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users