Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tell me about your se asia trips

62 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Japan is number one on my destination list if I ever start making real money

Had a friend/acquaintance live there for two years studying and I think teaching English. The photos he posted on FB were unbelievably beautiful. I've wanted to go ever since
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Vietnam war eh?

Yeah, I question his sanity for enlisting, not drafted, in 1968 and volunteering to be a doorgunner on a huey gunship. He was in Phu Hiep for those wondering.

Then again I did three times the amount in combat and I was infantry. Not scared of flying but i much prefer to fight on the ground.

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Fiz studying Kama Sutra in India?

Posted · Report post

Spent a week and a half in Indonesia, one day in Singapore. Recommend Singapore. In Indonesia I was in Jakarta working, had a great guide and saw some great markets but not sure if I'd be all I to returning.

Posted · Report post

I've been all over SE Asia between 1974 and 1989. Unfortunately, 1989 is a lifetime in the past compared to what it is now and I probably can't provide any information that is accurate to today's Far East.

Jakarta was fun, Singapore was a blast as is Thailand. Hong Kong back in the 70's was one of my favorite places to visit. When poo started getting serious in the Middle East around 1978-1979, it became more difficult for the Navy to make many port calls in the Far East, opting to bypass to get to the North Arabian Sea quicker.

Posted · Report post

god dammit philly get in here and lets bond about the lengths we've gone to avoid responsibility.

motherfucker i just cleared my palate of responsibilities and distractions and sat down to type up five thousand words due in two days and you bait my ass with a southeast asia effort post request

4 people like this

Posted · Report post

probably just want to stick to Thailand mostly. No interest in Malaysia, Philippines, etc, unless there's just something there that can't be missed. 

Will definitely be doing ankgor wat, and I'd love to travel north to see ha long bay as well, but don't know if it's worth it. maybe just a trip into HCMC.

Posted · Report post

If you have to get vaccines to travel there you shouldn't go

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted · Report post

Cool enjoy Ohio or wherever you go
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I believe Ohio requires a vaccination.
4 people like this

Posted · Report post

I can speak/understand like 10 words in Khmer (Cambodian). Will make my way to Ankor Wat one day for sure and visit my girlfriend's family in Cambodia. 

That's all I got. 

Posted · Report post

Make sure you learn how to spell it first.