63 replies to this topic

#31 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,318 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:37 AM

There needs to be a legit discussion about Kemba's poor shooting, shot selection, and defensive liabilities, but this OP isn't the guy to lead that discussion.

#32 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,318 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:39 AM

Oh and bring Chris Paul home. He has to want out of LA now. We could package our two white players with a pick and send it off to LA for CP3.

#33 ECUPantherFan

ECUPantherFan

Wish we had Olsen twins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:17 AM

I am astounded at the ignorance of some on this board about the Bobcats, or even basketball in general.

Whoever compared Kemba Walker & James Harden... just stop.  They don't even play the same position.

I have been a season ticket holder for several years, but a follower of the Cats since their inception... so while I may be slightly (only slightly) biased due to pure fandom, I do know a lot about basketball having played competitively for years.

As for Kemba Walker... he may be a slight defensive liability, but that's why you have help defense.  He has bad games, but so does everybody else.  He is our best option at PG, and we definitely should not let him go and then go overpay for someone else, ESPECIALLY when PG is not a concern of ours now.  We have glaring holes at SG, SF, & PF.  To stray from Kemba right now would be like painting your boat while it's sinking.  Maybe we'll re-visit it down the road, but for now, the 2, 3, & 4 are our concerns.

We need to lock up Kemba & try to entice Big Al to stay in town.  I know he has his 3rd year option, but I am hoping that not only will he opt to stay in Charlotte, but that Cho & MJ are currently working on an extension for the big fella.  He is the best offensive center in the NBA, and while his defense is not amazing, it certainly isn't nearly as bad as some like to say.  Seems to me some on this board spend more time reading articles and less time actually watching him play.  Form your own opinion...don't just buy what ESPN is selling.  We have NEVER...I repeat NEVER... had a night-in, night-out scoring threat like Al Jefferson.  Not many teams have a guy that, when healthy, is basically unstoppable.

So...keep Kemba... keep Al...(hell, keep Gary Neal, too!) it's the rest of the team that needs work.

#34 Omega Atrocity

Omega Atrocity

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  • LocationWestern NC

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:22 AM

There needs to be a legit discussion about Kemba's poor shooting, shot selection, and defensive liabilities, but this OP isn't the guy to lead that discussion.

The poor shooting that everyone loves to complain about isn't all on him. I would definitely like to see him improve his shooting, but he is forced to launch late clock heaves a lot because everyone else is either too afraid to shoot or we get in a terrible offensive slump.

#35 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• HUDDLER
  • 2,809 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:29 PM

Kemba sucks.. kick him off the team... lulz

#36 SuperJTheGreat

SuperJTheGreat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:47 PM

he had one mediocre game out of 4.

#37 CarolinaPanthersCynic

CarolinaPanthersCynic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:51 PM

Kemba plays with passion but he's too inefficient. He shoots poorly, takes bad shots and is often out of control.

#38 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:31 PM

[quote name="SuperJTheGreat" post="2755093" timestamp="1398736063"]

he had one mediocre game out of 4.[/quote

Had 20 points in game one...

#39 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• HUDDLER
  • 2,809 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:23 AM

he had one mediocre game out of 4.

one mediocre comment out of 862

#40 GamecockSmitty4

GamecockSmitty4

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:22 AM

29 points on 11-15 shooting (73%), 5 assists, 5 rebounds, 2 steals, 3 blocks is mediocre now?

#41 Machete

Machete

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:38 AM

29 points on 11-15 shooting (73%), 5 assists, 5 rebounds, 2 steals, 3 blocks is mediocre now?

5 turnovers as well.

#42 WOW!!

WOW!!

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:48 AM

I got banned for a lot less then Super J stupidity Prodiddy what's the deal??

#43 Omega Atrocity

Omega Atrocity

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  • LocationWestern NC

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:51 AM

Seriously though, even if I disagree with some stuff you say I know you're a fan. SuperJ is just a dick.

#44 SuperJTheGreat

SuperJTheGreat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:14 AM

Seriously though, even if I disagree with some stuff you say I know you're a fan. SuperJ is just a dick.

I apologize if I offend you guys or you guys want me gone or have a promblem with me. I just am frustrted with the team's play and direction. Everybody I ever talk to makes fun of the Bobcats and I never will get enough off it. I just want us to be a respectful franchise again and I take an unpopular stance on this team.

#45 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,318 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:14 PM

I have a lot of Kemba hate... but really, the issue is that he is the #2 option on this team and that's not OK.  I think Kemba would be fine as the 3rd or 4th option but as the 2nd, no way.  So you either need to upgrade one of the 2 and 3 spots to bump Kemba down, or you need to bring in a legit player at the 1 spot and move on from Kemba.  I think it's easier to upgrade the 2 or the 3 spot.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users